May 3, Leafs @ Canadiens, 7PM EST

Trizzak

Bricka1.png

"Welcome to the big show! Now... it's gonna take a lot of work. It's gonna take a lot of sweat. But eventually I am gonna mold you into one of the greatest 12 year olds to ever play this game! Now... ack... ack... kyeh... kyeh.. aeeeeh.... suit up... I'll see you out there..."

So how about that Cole Caufield goal, huh? Yes please, and may I have another?

Looks like the same lines as last game but with Allen getting the start.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Even if it looks possible that the Habs take over the Jets for 3rd in the division, looking at schedules, I don’t think it’s very likely.  Jets have a far easier schedule, only playing a playoff bound team once in their last 6.  While Montreal plays the top 2 team in the division 5 of 6 games.

Montreal does play well against the Oilers, and I think it’ll actually be better this way so they can get used to tougher competition as it’s only going to get harder from here on out.

All of that being said I would love to see Habs beat the Leafs in all of the last 3 meetings to put some fear into them. 

Lines as per TSN.

Kotkaniemi – Danault – Anderson
Toffoli – Suzuki – Armia
Lehkonen – Evans – Caufield
Frolik – Staal – Perry

Romanov – Chiarot
Edmundson – Petry
Kulak – Merrill

Allen starting
Primeau

44 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Even if it looks possible that the Habs take over the Jets for 3rd in the division, looking at schedules, I don’t think it’s very likely.  Jets have a far easier schedule, only playing a playoff bound team once in their last 6.  While Montreal plays the top 2 team in the division 5 of 6 games.

Dom's model gives the Habs about a 20% chance of doing it, and that's probably not far off. A lot depends on whether the Jets can pull out of their slump -- six losses in a row now, as I recall.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Dom's model gives the Habs about a 20% chance of doing it, and that's probably not far off. A lot depends on whether the Jets can pull out of their slump -- six losses in a row now, as I recall.

Yeah losing streaks can be tough to pull out of. Especially when it coincides with a major injury. 

On the other hand the Habs are using youth to overcome their adversity and we are going to beat leafs tonight. 

Go new geezer line go 🥳 and you know Caufield is going to score 🙌

29 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah losing streaks can be tough to pull out of. Especially when it coincides with a major injury. 

On the other hand the Habs are using youth to overcome their adversity and we are going to beat leafs tonight. 

Go new geezer line go 🥳 and you know Caufield is going to score 🙌

I really liked the look of the Leks - Evans - Caufield line last game.  Young and fast with a scoring touch in Caufield.  It's not the savior of the Habs, but it's a good change.

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Also of interest tonight is if Ottawa can do us a solid and beat Winnipeg.

I used to call them "Number Two"s. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Go new geezer line go 🥳 

1/3 of that line is playing & using his brainsmarts well and we all know which player that is.

I do wonder if Romanov not spending any time in the AHL will hurt his offensive development, because man he makes a lot of poor decisions at the opposition blue line.

8 hours ago, tomh009 said:
9 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

The way the Jets have been losing I'm almost wondering if it'll be Leafs vs Flames 1st round.   The Flames have been playing well and have an easy sched too and their only game against a playoff team is against the Jets.  Its too bad they dont play each other a 2nd time.  If the Flames do pull it off I'd probably cheer for the Leafs, wouldnt want the Habs playing Flames 2nd rnd. 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If that was price who let in that rielly shot, habs twitter would have had a meltdown.  Its a bad goal. 

Allen has let in far fewer softies per game than Price, and then of course there's the cap hit.

2 minutes ago, Neech said:

Allen has let in far fewer softies per game than Price, and then of course there's the cap hit.

The point was even if Price plays five great games in a row... the first softie (which every goalie gives up) and he is jumped on. Allen doesn't get the same treatment. 

As for fewer softies per game than Price, I don't even know how you measure that.... and the fact you bring it up as if its a stat that exists, just proves my point on the bias.