May 3, Leafs @ Canadiens, 7PM EST

Trizzak

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Staal with the best chance yet.

Edmundson just tossed a Leaf on his back.

Yeah it was big boy Simmonds and it pissed him off 😝 

I agree with Commandant that we can take these guys with a full Tatar and Gallagher. 

We are only behind cause of a stinker

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The point was even if Price plays five great games in a row... the first softie (which every goalie gives up) and he is jumped on. Allen doesn't get the same treatment. 

As for fewer softies per game than Price, I don't even know how you measure that.... and the fact you bring it up as if its a stat that exists, just proves my point on the bias.

Recently,  (the last 3 years) I feel like the criticism is justified. You want 10 million? Here it is no go Earn it. Don't earn it? Expect criticism.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The point was even if Price plays five great games in a row... the first softie (which every goalie gives up) and he is jumped on. Allen doesn't get the same treatment. 

As for fewer softies per game than Price, I don't even know how you measure that.... and the fact you bring it up as if its a stat that exists, just proves my point on the bias.

Price rarely plays five great games in a row... maybe the last time he did that was the bubble last year.  Allen doesn't get the same treatment for the above mentioned cap reasons.

As for softies per game, we've all watched both goalies this season and can remember Carey crapping the bed way more often than Allen. The numbers bear this out. I think the bias point works the other way, where Carey will have a decent game stopping say 28 of 30 shots with a few nice saves (and no softies for a change) and we talk with hushed tones of his truly special elite talent. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, who just flipped the puck?  Was it Evans?  Too bad he flipped it straight up in the air vs down ice.  Hopefully he'll figure that part out. 

It was Evans.  It worked, killed half of the remaining time so that Toronto didn't have enough to do much with it.  A little distance would have been better but the idea made sense.

1 minute ago, Neech said:

Price rarely plays five great games in a row... maybe the last time he did that was the bubble last year.  Allen doesn't get the same treatment for the above mentioned cap reasons.

As for softies per game, we've all watched both goalies this season and can remember Carey crapping the bed way more often than Allen. The numbers bear this out. I think the bias point works the other way, where Carey will have a decent game stopping say 28 of 30 shots with a few nice saves (and no softies for a change) and we talk with hushed tones of his truly special elite talent. 

He did it this year, when the coaching change was made.

@dlbalr  Thx, thats who I thought but I wasnt sure. 

I want to see them start flipping the puck down the ice.  The Habs score a lot on the rush but teams know this and pressure them and cut off their long passes.  Flipping the puck in the air to get the puck up ice circumvents traps because isn't a pass that they can prevent.  It will create rushes and generate scoring chances.  

16 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah it was big boy Simmonds and it pissed him off 😝

Wow, I'm shocked that it was Simmonds because it looked like he mandhandled him and sorta picked him up and threw him. 

Awesome Toffoli!!! 

So happy to see yet another cross ice pass another goal.  Have they finally figured it out?

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I have a hard time calling any save a "great" one when it's Lehkonen shooting the puck.

Finishing aside, he has made some good passes tonight already, though none that have resulted in a goal.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

I have a hard time calling any save a "great" one when it's Lehkonen shooting the puck.

I questioned that too, but it was "huge" in the sense of importance. 

Lehks made decent contact on the shot but he shot it right at him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Finishing aside, he has made some good passes tonight already, though none that have resulted in a goal.

Yes, add in a blurb about good defensive play and that is the dictionary definition of Lehkonen.