May 3, Leafs @ Canadiens, 7PM EST

Trizzak

I still want to see Caufield play with Anderson.  I think they'd be a great together because Anderson is a decent passer.    He looked great out there on that 1 sequence and while he was doing that it made me wish he could pass it to Caufield. 

Nice tip by Matthews, not much the D or goalie could do about that.  Sucks to go back down again late in the period, but we only managed 4 shots in the 2nd.  Hopefully we have a better showing in the 3rd.

• Like 1

I've never really been impressed by him but I've really started to notice... Anthony Stewart kinda sucks.

Is it a Sportsnet/CBC edict that the former player now analyst role must be someone terrible at the job?

That was silly of Toffoli.  He did a lot of great checking against a Leafs and got the puck, only to give it right back to the guy. 

Doesn't Caufield play either wing? 

28 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

######! I really don't wanna face the Leafs in the playoffs!

I want to, I don't think the disparity between Toronto and Montreal playing like they can play is that much.  Toronto has more offensive talent, I still believe the defensive capability and goal tending is in Montreal's favor.  

I would like to hold bragging rights for putting out the leafs in the first round for the first playoff meeting in ages.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I still believe the defensive capability and goal tending is in Montreal's favor.  

If our Defense and our Goaltending is supposed to be superior, why is it that we get our asses handed to us whenever we play the Leafs?

It's as if our shots have to be perfect to go it, and Toronto gets alot of lucky bounces/defelections!

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

The point was even if Price plays five great games in a row... the first softie (which every goalie gives up) and he is jumped on. Allen doesn't get the same treatment. 

As for fewer softies per game than Price, I don't even know how you measure that.... and the fact you bring it up as if its a stat that exists, just proves my point on the bias.

A bad goal is a bad goal - doesn’t matter on the goalie.  There’s three reasons why there are more complaints about Price.

First, as the starter, Price plays more and on average has left more softies in, so there is a lot more visibility.

Second, Allen is the best backup we had since Halak. So speaking for myself, I’m just happy to have a credible backup. As the backup expectations are also lower. Until tonight, the only really blatant bad goal that stood out out was the one where Allen mishandled/missed the puck behind the net.  Price has let in a lot of backbreakers that stood out more at critical time - again being in net more, leads to more opportunities to let bad goals in. 

lastly, it’s the salary. When a guy is being paid $10.5m, you are going to be more pissed when you are getting mid to bottom of the league goaltending. We also have seen what Price used to be and what we are getting now. We aren’t even seeing a $5m goalie. On the flip side, I happen to think Allen is overpaid as a backup, but he’s actually earned his pay more than Price on most nights.  I do not like the current situation where Allen is the go to guy, because he has never really succeeded in that role.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love how Suzuki faked the shot (and we all thought he was gonna shoot) and made that beautifull pass to Danault!

By the way, that's another multi point game for Suzuki!

• Like 1

Just now, tomh009 said:

Jets losing 1-2 with seconds left, Helleybuck also out of the net.

Game over. The Hens Won!