May 5, Canadiens @ Senators, 7PM EST

Trizzak

As if.   Tkakuck wins a faceoff for the Sens in the Habs end.  Meanwhile the Habs had to get Staal because the C they drafted right before Tkakuck was picked cant win faceoffs. 

kk, way too close.  No clue why they stand so close to the crease.  The vast majority of missed plays by the net is because they are too close.  i.e. they are so close they basically need to play the puck down by their feet.

Nice play by Kulak to break up that 2 on 1. 

Habs got lucky on the Sens last PP.  i.e. the Sens had a dangerous chance but the guy was way too close to the goal line and not in the open passing lane behind him. 

Ya, its been a terrible 2nd but it isnt over yet.  Hopefully this period ends the same as the 1st. 

In a way - maybe that 3rd goal will piss them off enough to actually show up for the 3rd period. To be out worked over and over by the Sens is getting old. 

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Poor Kotkaniemi getting sand-bagged with two offensive black holes. Gonna be rough for him unless he has a Thanos "Fine, I'll do it myself" moment.

I wouldn't pick on Evans right now - he has been one of Montreal's better players lately, even in terms of offensive chances.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Was that Merrill with a poor decision, or was Caufield not in position?

A bit of both.  In hindsight, Merrill would have been better off eating it in the corner rather than trying to chip it out but he didn't have an outlet like he seemed to be expecting to see.

14 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Can always count on this team to bring a half-assed effort against the Sens

It's more than effort at this point - could be a bad matchup.  We don't have the top-end skill to make their mediocre defense pay, while they actually have some skill to expose our big lugs. 

57 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Nice to have a tie going into the 2nd period.

Even nicer to have a multiple goal lead? eh? eh? Just a thought for next period, guys.

You're doing it wrong. Exact opposite. Complete 180°.

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Poor Kotkaniemi getting sand-bagged with two offensive black holes. Gonna be rough for him unless he has a Thanos "Fine, I'll do it myself" moment.

Are you kidding me?  Kotkaniemi is an offensive black hole himself!

@revvvrob hopefully that is what happens. 

1 minute ago, Neech said:

We don't have the top-end skill to make their mediocre defense pay, while they actually have some skill to expose our big lugs. 

The Sens will have a really good team in a few years.  They've got some decent young guys now and they'll have more every year for several years.  They will probably be the next Hawks or Pens.