Steve Webb and... SPECTOR?!?

TheAussiePosse

I know, we have too many defencemen as it is.

But looking at Spector's Quality Trade Rumors, I found this:

WEBB TO RETURN TO THE ISLES?

NEWSDAY: Alan Hahn reports UFA winger Steve Webb remains unsigned and while he's not seeking a large contract, doesn't know when he'll get an offer. NY Islanders GM Mike Milbury is allowing Webb to work out with his former Islanders teammates, and hinted of making a contract offer but made no guarantees. Webb's agent rejected an offer from a Western Conference club as it "wasn't a good fit" for his client, and the NY Rangers are thought to be interested.

Spector's Note: This one surprises me. Webb is a hard-nosed, popular, affordable UFA who's in his late-twenties. Surely there's a team out there who could afford to sign him? Being a Canadiens fan, I'd be thrilled if Webb were signed by them.

I wouldn't mind having Webb teach Komisarek a thing or two. Quintal and Rivet and Souray all help, but none of them are as good as Webb in the hitting department.

However, I'm more interested in Spector being a Canadiens fan.

Is there a possibility that this could prove beneficial?

On another tangent, he does write 'Prince of Pucks' articles for Fox. Do you think he'd be kind enough to pass on Habs rumors before posting them himself?

Oh well, training camp today. :ghg: