HAINSEY a la Coffey Rush

JMMR

Those of us who followed Hainsey were aware that it's his offense that really shines. He may struggle mightily defensively but, if allowed to do stuff like this, he certainly can.

I don't know what his coach will tell him after the game. Maybe Ron's happily set up in a situation where he is given the green light to fly when and where he sees fit.

Maybe he's something like a super base stealer in baseball who's manager says to go whenever.

In Montreal's system, defense was STRONGLY emphasized and he couldn't fit into that mold. Let's see what happens in Columbus.

:hockey::D:hockey:

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Boy this thread's never end do they?

Huh? I don't see anyone calling for Gainey's head for letting Hainsey go, or anyone wishing Hainsey were still around. I see people wishing Hainsey the best in Columbus and being impressed by a great end-to-end rush.

[Edited on 12-15-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Huh? I don't see anyone calling for Gainey's head for letting Hainsey go, or anyone wishing Hainsey were still around. I see people wishing Hainsey the best in Columbus and being impressed by a great end-to-end rush.

That's because of Hainsey's great personality :lol:

It's thread five zillion praising an ex-habs and how we shoulda apprently kept him yet if we did these same people would be complaining the most about them. How ironic.

I see the praising, I don't see the "we should have kept him"

Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly what you're getting at, I just think your comment is a tad premature on this one.

I wish we had got more for Hainsey (rather than paying for him to go away) and I can say the same thing for Hossa, but I don't want them back.

It's thread five zillion praising an ex-habs and how we shoulda apprently kept him yet if we did these same people would be complaining the most about them. How ironic.

Show me in this thread where anyone comes close to saying "We should have kept Hainsey."

That's right, nowhere. This thread is simply talking about a great individual effort made by Hainsey. It's not about the topic that you seem to think it's about. What is so bad about praising an ex-Habs player? Does it make YOU regret trading him or something? Personally, I wish Hainsey the best.

[Edited on 12-15-05 by Fanpuck33]

• 2 months later...

I was making dinner at the start of the game, and all I heard was that he wasn't in the lineup due to injury. I didn't hear what it was or how bad it was, but they knew about it before hand and called up a kind from Syracuse to replace him in the lineup.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Hainsey did it again, go to nhl.com and watch his goal last night against Vancouver, he went coast to coast like butter on toast, wish the Habs would have got something for him. Nothing good ever happens when Markov is out of the line-up!

I was about to make a thread about that goal. He made an amazing deke where he shot the puck off a players skate, jumped aornd a defender and then picked up the puck again to swoop in on a breakaway. But I have to say that was a bit lucky. Man, I wish we still had this guy.

I was about to make a thread about that goal. He made an amazing deke where he shot the puck off a players skate, jumped aornd a defender and then picked up the puck again to swoop in on a breakaway. But I have to say that was a bit lucky. Man, I wish we still had this guy.

I hate hearing this shit!!!

i, for one, realize Hainsey never was going to 'fit' in Montreal - i just wish i didn't feel like we LOST him - i'd feel better if we TRADED him.

From what I've heard from Blue Jackets fans, Hainey had a rough start, and wasn't exactly the most reliable defenseman, but since about a month before the Olympics, he has really turned things around. Apparently, he works hard every night, has really improved his defensive game, he's much more consistent, and he's now one of the best defensemen on the team.

With his current level of play now, there was no way they could bench him anymore, which explains why they got rid of Luke Richardson. If he keeps this yup, he'll probably be a "go to" in Colombus next season; Gainey might regret this one, especially since Montreal is awful every time Markov gets injured.

Another ex-habs defenseman who is really shining right now is Francois Beauchemin. Since joining the Ducks, he's got almost 30 points in less than 50 games. The question is: is Dandeneault better than any of these 2 guys, and is he is, was it worth signing him to a long-term, relatively hefty contract? I don't think so...

Is Beauchemin not playing with Niedermayer I am pretty sure if JP Cote was playing with possibly the best skating defenseman and one of the greatest offensive defenseman in the game he would have at least 30 points in those same 50 games.

But I understand where you are coming from. I also disagree with the length of Dandy’s contract and the amount he is paid. It seems Dandy always rushes the puck down the ice but is unable to create anything offensively. It is too bad because he does work very hard every single night.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I've seen the saying "coast to coast like butter on toast" twice. :puke:

Regarding Hainsey...ah, hindsight is indeed 20-20, eh? Everybody whined about his bad attitude, lack of work ethic, get-this-crap-of-my team...that is until he gets plucked from waivers. The typical lament of Habs fans, lets bash someone until he leaves the team and turn him into some kind of folk hero. Would Hainsey bring depth the Habs could use right now? Sure, but truth is he still wouldn't be top 4 on this team, and that's with the mediocre defense that the Habs have. And not only that, most people were happy (I wasn't) when Dandenault signed with the team.

Hainsey wasn't going to work out with the Habs, that was obvious. Deal with it and move on.

Edited by huzer

I wasn't too happy either. I wanted to see Hainsey be given a real, make or break, chance with the Habs, sort of like what they did with Ribeiro 2 seasons ago. If it had worked, Montreal would have had a good, possibly a top 4, defenseman in on its roster. Otherwise, they would at least have tried, and known that things just didn't work out for Hainsey in Montreal, and it would have been time for him to try elsewhere.

Considering that Montreal has Dandeneault and Bouillon playing as regulars, and Streit as the 7th defesneman, it is just plain inacceptable to lose a young defenseman with Hainsey's potential for nothing through waivers. If our defense was like Ottawa's, it would be understandable; when your top 6 is so strong, it does happen that some guys never get their chance. But this is Montreal, we have 2 backups playing every single night, and there is no reason for a good prospect to just slip through.