HAINSEY a la Coffey Rush

JMMR

Come on people, don't be apologists here..

Regardless of Hainsey's attitude, he obviously didnt get a fair shake this year anyway. Obviously he would be reclaimed on re-entry waivers, which team wouldnt grab a former first rounder...and he's not bad enough that we need to pay CLB to take him. Jeez.

Oh, and what was wrong with Beauchemin? Absolutely no reason to put him on waivers...

Who in the organization definitely said they'd claim him back off waivers?????

Could someone pleae provide some solid grounds for this theory?

They knew the gamble going into this move, and it was done for some reason that was obvious to management.

Some of this stuff just stays behind closed doors - especially if you want to run a class organization.

I'd be hesitant to jump to the conclusion that they'd take him back if they were willing to run that risk...

As far as Hainsey goes - take a long hard look at the Blue Jackets blueline corps. Not much depth there and they are way out of the race for a playoff spot. He's logging a good portion of ice time and he doesn't seem to be hurting the Blue Jackets, but he won't be a lot more than a number 6 d-man.

Obviously Hainsey's getting ice time that he'd never get in Montreal under almost any circumstance. It just wasn't going to happen for some reason as far as management was concerned. And if anything he was probably a victim of a lack of patience under the tutelage of those prior to Gainey, as well as his oft-spoken about attitude problems. Let's face it - does anyone really believe he wouldn't have been sent back to Hamilton as soon as possible if he hadn't been claimed?

Unfortunately some habs fans who frequent their site are caught up in the 'what if' syndrome. As I said in another post, it's like my late father always said: 'if my aunt had balls she'd have been my uncle - but she ain't!" And I don't think Hainsey is about to get the chance to be my 'Montreal uncle'

People, it's time to move on when it come to Hainsey - what if doesn't make for building a cup contender!

And as a long time Habs fan(almost 50 yrs now) that's all I want! :hlogo:

( and this years edition is driving me..... :wacko: )

Edited by beliveau1

Even if Hainey works out as a player elsewhere, he's still a headcase. You only keep those when they can give you top-notch performances. Otherwise: next!

Just a question: exactly what did Hainsey do or say to become a "headcase". I might have missed something, but all I remember is people getting on his back for saying that his goal was to become the best defenseman of the organization. Ever since then, people called him arogant, and said he had an attitude problem.

Is that all it was? I hope not... I also remember that last summer Sidney Crosby said he wanted to become the best player in the NHL, but in this case, people said that Crosby had character and a true winning attitude. Besides, if somebody has an attitude problem in the NHL this season, it's Crosby, but I'm sure that Pittsburg has no intention of getting rid of him.

Anyway, attitude or no attitude, Hainsey had a decent camp, and deserved at least one last shot with the Canadiens, especially since we have so little depth, and we are forced to play both Dandeneault and Bouillon as regulars, two 7th defensemen on any true Cup contender. If it didn't work out after 10-20 games, then we could have waived him knowing we gave him his chance, but he blew it.

Just a question: exactly what did Hainsey do or say to become a "headcase". I might have missed something, but all I remember is people getting on his back for saying that his goal was to become the best defenseman of the organization. Ever since then, people called him arogant, and said he had an attitude problem.

I think it had more to do with his work-ethic, or apparent lack-there-of. While in Hamilton, he was known to stay out late at night on the town partying. He was once reported as showing up to practice drunk even.

I have always heard of this attitude problem as well. I wonder how much truth there is to it. I was a big fan of his wrist shot he took so often from the point (always got it on net) scored in the pre game against Boston and I thought that was his ticket to make the team. I was surprised when Streit made it but as fans we have to live by those decisions and hope they do not come back to haunt the team.

Besides, if somebody has an attitude problem in the NHL this season, it's Crosby, but I'm sure that Pittsburg has no intention of getting rid of him.

Thank you. Crosby is a joke.

Hainsey I admit I wasn't all that sad when he got claimed but now I am. Hindsight is 20/20 but it really is unfortunate thta we lost him.

Anyway, attitude or no attitude, Hainsey had a decent camp, and deserved at least one last shot with the Canadiens, especially since we have so little depth, and we are forced to play both Dandeneault and Bouillon as regulars, two 7th defensemen on any true Cup contender. If it didn't work out after 10-20 games, then we could have waived him knowing we gave him his chance, but he blew it.

Bulls eye. It's that he wasn't even given a shot that reeks of ineptitude. They may not like the kid, but hey give him a chance and see if he can do anything. It just seems that the organization gets soured easily on some players - take Jason Ward..to even get a callup he had to win the AHL MVP I believe. Obviously Ward wasn't the power forward they were dreaming of, but they already gave up on the kid before he got a fair shake.

I've read about that happening to Craig Conroy as a prospect as well (quick trivia answer to other player dealt for Shane Corson along with Pierre Turgeon). He scored a goal on Roy in practice during preseason that got on TV, and fairly soon he was dealt. Organization gave up on him. Trading the maddening engima but talent that is Valeri Bure for Patrick Poulin. And the young Darcy Tucker going the other way too..for Mick Vukota? Yeesh. Chances are Habs fans would like him if he was still around sticking up for our guys.

Plenty of decent young players get dealt from Montreal for whatever reason fairly quickly. Obviously some guys get a shot -- Ribiero, Ryder and now the three Higgins, Perezhogin and Plekanec. But some are just tossed aside real easily. :mellow:

Victims of high expectations? Probably. Hainsey definitely falls into that category.

Besides, they knew what they were getting when they drafted Ron Hainsey. They knew he was an offensive minded defenseman with some flaws in the defensive zone. The only few games Hainsey got to play in Montreal, they were all over him on his defensive game without really giving him the opportunity to shine offensively and show his strengths.

I really hate when they do that, and they are doing again with Andrei Kostsitsyn. They seem to be only focusing on improving his defensive game, and I really doubt they are working with him on his creativity WITH the puck, his positioning in the OFFENSIVE zone, and on improving his natural skills like speed, shooting, puck handling, ... I'm sure it's all about become a sound 2-way player, never taking a chance, and dumping the puck.

It's perfectly normal to work with a player like Kostsitsyn on his flaws, and making sure that he doen't hurt you defensively. However, you MUST also work with him so that he keeps improving on his strengths as well, so that he can contributute offensively. If Svatos had been drafted by Montreal, he would still be in Hamilton working on his defensive game, and he would never have scored that many goals. Similarly, I'm be curious to know how well guys like Perezhogin and Kostsitsyn would be doing this year if they played with the Avalanche (or another offensive minded team).

Great post

Absolutely would be wonderfull to see what guys like Hainsey, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Plekanec and even Kovalev, Ryder and Zednik would do if completley healthy and playing with offensive minded teams with superstars like Lecavalier, Richards, Sakic, Tanguay, Forsberg and Gagne.

THis Montreal teams lacks a superstar

As well when you could put Hainsey with a defensivley minded defensman to minimize his defensive lapses, you have a great puck moving defensman who instantly adds another dynamic to your offense

Edited by kaos

Let it go. Some guys don't work out with certain organizations. As far as the original topic, which is about one stupid goal that Hainsey scored, I remember Lyle Odelein with a beautiful end to end rush, Bouillon had a great end to end just last week. Every once in a while a guy pulls a play out of his ass. Get used to it. It just so happens when said player USED to play for the Habs, people overreact like they just gave away Bobby Orr. It's Ron freakin' Hainsey people.