May 6 Habs at Leafs 7:00

Should Ducharme be head coach next season?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ducharme earned a contract?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Well at least the kid scored.

Congrats CC ... it was perfectly wrapped, with a nice bow and on a silver platter form Perry ... but several other Habs would still have put it wide or over the net ... hopefully/undoubtedly the first of many

Hmm, that was an interesting factoid.  I knew he broke a record of Mathews, but I didnt know he broke 1 of OV's U-18 records too. 

Hopefully he'll get a PPG right now. 

Anderson was playing with Caufield. 

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

No call up to do this... unless you say Allen is injured and use an emergency callup.

I know.  But call it general soreness, day-to-day-itis.  No one from the league is going to question it since he had played in what, 14 of 17?  There's bound to be some nicks and bumps to plausibly invent something.

37 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Primeau isnt NHL ready so it doesnt make sense that he's playing against the top team in the division.   Its like they are purposely setting him up to fail.  The only way it could be worse is if the Habs had continued with the Philadelphia Experiment. 

As much as I think Ducharme made a terrible short-sighted decision in putting Allen in the game, killing the one good thing that could have come out of this game (him getting rest), I actually agree with the decision to start Primeau.  Playing Allen three in a row against a possible playoff opponent isn't smart (another reason why him coming in to start the second was beyond stupid).  That made this one Primeau's game by default. 

From a standpoint of which game did they have a better shot at winning, it was the Ottawa one so in that sense, putting your starter in for the game you think you have the best chance at winning was the right call.  With this roster, one that would be illegal in terms of being well below the lower limit of the cap if it wasn't for all the injuries, expecting to win both wasn't realistic, especially when they haven't played all that well even in the games they came back to win.  The plan was to put their best foot forward yesterday and effectively make this the designated loss.  Just sucks that they didn't show up for the final 40 minutes last night to make this plan actually pan out.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

From a standpoint of which game did they have a better shot at winning, it was the Ottawa one so in that sense, putting your starter in for the game you think you have the best chance at winning was the right call.  With this roster, one that would be illegal in terms of being well below the lower limit of the cap if it wasn't for all the injuries, expecting to win both wasn't realistic, especially when they haven't played all that well even in the games they came back to win.  The plan was to put their best foot forward yesterday and effectively make this the designated loss.  Just sucks that they didn't show up for the final 40 minutes last night to make this plan actually pan out.

That is true.  They should have beaten the Sens that was the game they had they best chance to win.  However, it isnt good for Primeau psychologically to have to be the 1 to take the loss.   The poor guy really has no chance, but I guess they had no other option.  Is Lingdren any better?  Maybe they should have played him, but thats probably a cap issue.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

On a different note, anyone catch what happened to Danault to end his night early?

RDS showed a play where PD was skating towards the net, between the face-off circles (ash) and looked like he clipped skates with a Leaf just before he went to the dressing room ... but it didn't look like an obvious injury causing contact.

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

That is true.  They should have beaten the Sens that was the game they had they best chance to win.  However, it isnt good for Primeau psychologically to have to be the 1 to take the loss.   The poor guy really has no chance, but I guess they had no other option.  Is Lingdren any better?  Maybe they should have played him, but thats probably a cap issue.

They could have given Lindgren the start and had Primeau on the taxi squad.  Or, as my preference would have been, invent a DTD injury for Allen and had both on the roster.  This was the throwaway game so a little creativity to keep him unavailable would have been nice.

It's never good psychologically to be the one to eat the ugly loss but it happens to every goalie.  I'm sure this isn't the first time it happened to Primeau and if he has the long career that I think he's capable of having, it won't be his last.  Sucking it up for 40 more minutes in this one shouldn't have done any long-lasting damage.

Here (apparently) is the danault play

Lehks making it interesting.

Damn, sucks Danault is out.  I've seen the clip but I'd like to see anothre angle of it because I'm still wondering what happened?  It's hard to see what happens in that clip so I could be wrong by I sorta suspect the Leafs player skate clipped him. 

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They could have given Lindgren the start and had Primeau on the taxi squad.  Or, as my preference would have been, invent a DTD injury for Allen and had both on the roster.  This was the throwaway game so a little creativity to keep him unavailable would have been nice.

It's never good psychologically to be the one to eat the ugly loss but it happens to every goalie.  I'm sure this isn't the first time it happened to Primeau and if he has the long career that I think he's capable of having, it won't be his last.  Sucking it up for 40 more minutes in this one shouldn't have done any long-lasting damage.

I was wondering about that.  i.e. teams just making something up to be able to do a roster change.  You're right, that would have been smart given the situation. 

Primeau just seems to look out of place so a bad loss might be worse for him vs the others.  I would have preferred him play the Sens and the Habs try to win both games. 

Looking at the standings there are still numerous possibilities.  If the Habs only win 1 more game the Nucks and Flames in theory can tie them if they win all their games. Luckily, the Nucks and Flames play each other 3+ times so that guarantees that 1 knocks the other out. 

However, there could still be a 3 way tie for 3rd and if that happens I have no idea what the tie breaker would be and what team would be left out. 

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... Luckily, the Nucks and Flames play each other 3+ times so that guarantees that 1 knocks the other out ...

One team could sweep ... perhaps unlikely, but possible

Just now, GHT120 said:

One team could sweep ... perhaps unlikely, but possible

My point was both teams need to win all their games to get 59 pts, and when they play each other, 1 must lose.  Hence 1 will be out guaranteed. 

Is there even a point for the Flames to win all their games?

i.e. imagine winning your last 6 games to be in a 3 way tie for 3rd and then end up being the 5th place team.  What a good hard swift kick to the groin that would be. 

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

However, there could still be a 3 way tie for 3rd and if that happens I have no idea what the tie breaker would be and what team would be left out. 

These are the tie-breakers:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). This figure is reflected in the RW column.

The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.

The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.

The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.

The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

@dlbalr thx.  I guess it still to early to be able to figure out if the Habs are already in if they end up in a tie. 

The crazy thing is that if the Habs and Jets lose all of their games they could end up in 5th or 6th.  If all of the Flames and Nucks games go into OT both would able able to catch the Habs n Jets and knock them out.  1 would have 58 pts and the other would be in a 3 way tie for 4th with 57pts. 

Its basically impossible for the Nucks to pull it off, but the Flames have a chance. 

31 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I guess it still to early to be able to figure out if the Habs are already in if they end up in a tie. 

D'oh, I spoke too soon.  In the event of a tie, it is guaranteed that the Habs are the 5th place team.  i.e. the Habs have 4.5 wins worth of points from all of the OTL they've had this year.  The Jets, Flames and Nucks each have 1.5.  (Thats 9 OTLs to their 3).   If the Flames or Nucks can tie the Habs they would have 3 more wins. 

@Commandant exactly, and thats what I said.   i.e. the Habs have 6 more OTL than all 3 of those teams.  That means in the event of a tie all 3 of those teams are guaranteed to have 3 more wins than the Habs.  If there is any tie its already known that the Habs would be 5th place. 

We are going to make it, not because we are a good team but our competition sucks more ass than we do. 

I don’t know how Ducharme is not responsible for this team routinely not showing up. He isn’t ready for this assignment   

Allen was friggin great again 

10 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I agree with dlbar too.  I thought it was funny when the showed Allen on the bench looking up and away at the rafters - it semed like he was acting like he wasnt there and isnt an option for this game. 

Primeau isnt NHL ready so it doesnt make sense that he's playing against the top team in the division.   Its like they are purposely setting him up to fail.  The only way it could be worse is if the Habs had continued with the Philadelphia Experiment. 

He was watching the big screen as all players frequently do. 

10 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I agree ... I would almost think of sending Allen home tomorrow and let Lindgren & Primeau dress Saturday

From what I’ve read and is well advertised the team cannot simply shuffle players on and off the roster Willy nilly as you describe.

rules and all.