May 8, Montreal vs Toronto, 7 PM

dlbalr

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/28/full/2573_toronto_maple_leafs-jersey-2017.png

Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Perry - Staal - Caufield
Lehkonen - Evans - Belzile

Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Chiarot
Romanov - Merrill

Allen

Thornton - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Spezza - Brooks - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Hutton - Dermott

Campbell

Belzile over Gustaf is interesting. 

and Caufield with Staal & Perry ... a line with a couple of potential HoFers ... pity it isn’t the Perry or Staal of 10 years ago, but still ... I hope he soaks in what he can!

14 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

and Caufield with Staal & Perry ... a line with a couple of potential HoFers ... pity it isn’t the Perry or Staal of 10 years ago, but still ... I hope he soaks in what he can!

That line seemed to work well together last game, at least relative to how poorly the rest of the team play.  One thing that Perry and Staal do well is know when to try to move the puck quick and when to hold it to wait for a chance to materialize.  With Caufield being adept at quickly darting to an open area, I think they're a reasonable complementary fit for him.

Perry is great for Caufield. Perry is an incredibly sneaky passer and Caufield knows how to get open. 

Speaking of Perry

I am surprised the leafs aren’t resting people. It would be a shame if Mathews bonked his head. 

Can we just friggin win and put this playoff race nonsense to bed?

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I am surprised the leafs aren’t resting people. It would be a shame if Mathews bonked his head. 

Can we just friggin win and put this playoff race nonsense to bed?

Something tells me they're waiting to formally clinch first spot before they sit their guys again (they've done it once so far, against Vancouver).  I'm actually a bit surprised they're running their 'A' lineup again especially with Montreal being their likely first-round opponent.

1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

Belzile over Gustaf is interesting ...

You prefer 7 defencemen and a forward short? 

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

Belzile over Gustaf is interesting. 

and Caufield with Staal & Perry ... a line with a couple of potential HoFers ... 

A couple potential HoFers... and Eric Staal!

Very happy to see KK in Danault’s spot

that’s were I’ve seen him since drafted 

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Let's see if a miracle happens tonight and the Habs actually score first.  Wouldn't that be something? 

All I know is I’d rather be hoping for wins to clinch our playoff spot but I seem to be hoping for Vancouver to lose 3 points instead!

We might have a chance if we do score first and Allen plays great. 

Nice play by Perry to bump into Mathews and knock him on his ass. 

Great chance by Bilbo - on the left side.  The majority of his best chances are from the left side that it confuses me as to why he's a right winger.  I know its considered playing on their off-side but its not unheard of.  Right handed shooters can do better on the left side.  ex:  is Toffoli having an "outlier" year?  or - is his increase in goals from playing on his off-side? 

D'oh.  Suzuki's positioning on that PP was completely clueless.  Every time a decent passing lane was about to open up to him he'd move himself right out of it.  Numerous times he made the identical error of moving into a position that should have been obvious that it was way too close to the goal line and crease.

Hmm, any period that the Leafs are kept to only having 3 shots is a damn good period.