May 8, Montreal vs Toronto, 7 PM

dlbalr

12 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We played great 👍 

Can Weber be our #7 Dman?

An interesting philosophical question.

Can?   He is capable of doing so

Could?  It is possible it could happen

Will?  Take the LottoMax odd and multiply them by the Lotto649 odds and then double that

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

An interesting philosophical question.

Can?   He is capable of doing so

Could?  It is possible it could happen

Will?  Take the LottoMax odd and multiply them by the Lotto649 odds and then double that

It was a similar kanundrum with Koivu.  .i.e an aging Captain that needs to renounce the C and accept a lesser role but how to actually do it?  The Habs got rid of Koivu.

I certainly hope that the Simmonds tossing isn't just a trend. 

Too bad Bilbo missed on the break away.  

D'oh, Leafs score. 

However, 2nd breakfast isn't over yet and Bilbo just drew a penalty. 

I once played hockey with a kid in tyke who would try to fall on every puck with his pads just like Allen did.

The outcome (every time) was also the same as Allen. 

9 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... The Habs got rid of Koivu.

They let Saku leave in free agency ... a few years until they have that option with Weber ... Seattle is a potential chance to "let him go" but don't believe that MB could ever bring himself to not protect Shea.

14 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It was a similar kanundrum with Koivu.  .i.e an aging Captain that needs to renounce the C and accept a lesser role but how to actually do it?  The Habs got rid of Koivu.

What does accepting a lesser role have to do with being captain?

29 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It was a similar kanundrum with Koivu.  .i.e an aging Captain that needs to renounce the C and accept a lesser role but how to actually do it?  The Habs got rid of Koivu.

Habs could have kept Koivu at a lower salary. Don’t have that option with Weber.

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

They let Saku leave in free agency ... a few years until they have that option with Weber ... Seattle is a potential chance to "let him go" but don't believe that MB could ever bring himself to not protect Shea.

I’d rather protect Kulak than Weber.

3 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

What does accepting a lesser role have to do with being captain?

Maybe its just me, but I'd say everything.

ex:  Gustafsson, he is barely able to play on the team (i.e. 7th dman), so if he was good in the dressing room would that be a reason for him to be Captain?  

Personally, I'd pick somebody who is leading on the team to be the leader.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Habs could have kept Koivu at a lower salary. Don’t have that option with Weber.

Yes, but that was really the problem.  i.e. he was C for way too long because he wasn't doing that.  The only option with Weber is to get rid of him, which the Habs essentially did with Koivu by letting him "walk"  =  not giving him a contract offer. 

I just want to watch a Habs game and enjoy it from beginning to end more than once a month.

Get the lead. Keep the lead. Extend the lead. It's what good teams do.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm liking Bieksa as an analyst.  Its unarguable that his views are definitely very different from the rest of them.  ex:  Wilson. 

He's cracked me up a couple times, the first laughs on HNIC since Don's departure.

Just now, Neech said:

He's cracked me up a couple times, the first laughs on HNIC since Don's departure.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Its not possible for anybody to be just like Cherry, but he's probably the closest that anybody can be. 

Similarly, I really liked Roenik and thought he might get really big in the US.   I'm not sure what happened to him but I dont think he lasted very long because of 1 of his views.  

Habs are really fighting the puck. Passes are just a bit off to accept at full pace, losing control of the puck with zero pressure, and all five players on the ice seem to have five different ideas on how to create offense.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Maybe its just me, but I'd say everything.

ex:  Gustafsson, he is barely able to play on the team (i.e. 7th dman), so if he was good in the dressing room would that be a reason for him to be Captain?  

Personally, I'd pick somebody who is leading on the team to be the leader.

There's a big difference between a reduced role and being in the press box.