GDT Habs Oilers May 10th

I do wonder if Weber wasn't injured would Ducharme have sat one of Merrill or Romanov in favour of Kulak? Because I gotta say, I'm not sure Romanov would be in my playoff lineup at this point, and Merrill isn't too far behind him (though I wonder how he'd be on his strong side.)

The Habs need to be a lot better with their sticks in their own zone.  In that PK it sure looked like Suzuki could have easily put his stick in the way of the 1 pass to McDavid.  However, Suzuki made no attempt to stop it.

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I do wonder if Weber wasn't injured would Ducharme have sat one of Merrill or Romanov in favour of Kulak? Because I gotta say, I'm not sure Romanov would be in my playoff lineup at this point, and Merrill isn't too far behind him (though I wonder how he'd be on his strong side.)

Ducharme has been adamant about playing Romanov on the left which bolsters Merrill's case.  Chiarot has had his moments on the right but if they want to reunite him with Weber, that would leave Petry/Weber/Merrill on the right and Kulak/Romanov battling for the third LD spot.

On RDS2, Boucher analysis showed how EDM is countering  MTL’s 3rd man pressure by having their 3rd man cut behind the pressure and be ready to rush as the far D gets the pass under the pressure 

it is creating lots of space for EDM on their breakouts.

and in the O zone, the D are playing the system and trying to for the plays with 2 Ds to one side but again EDM is working around it

According to Boucher, the Hab’s D need to be more active in the O zone and the 3rd man needs to support the D and cover the pass/net-from when the 2 Ds are pressuring 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Evans needs to be above KK on the depth chart.

That line has been used more this game. 

Which is fine by me, give the ice time to the line that is going well.

Just now, Commandant said:

Which is fine by me, give the ice time to the line that is going well.

Play the guys who are going well the most...simple concept, but one that Ducharme fails to grasp more often than not.

• Upvote 1

Was that third goal on a PP ... because it looked like it.

End of season NHL speed is too much for Romanov.

He kneeled on that goal expecting to make a save. But of course, stopping McDavid is almost impossible 

Ds are carrying the puck deep and generating chances

Evans line is very fast and that is creating havoc for EDM

Go Habs Go!

Staal staying on his ass sulking about the non-call, rather than hustling back to the front of the net to be a factor on the upcoming shot, is the last straw for me...lazy old bastard shouldn't be playing.

They need a clean period from Allen in the 3rd.  For all the talk of the rebounds that Koskinen is putting out there, he's putting a bunch out as well.  The Habs are playing decent enough to get one more goal but Allen can't afford to cough up another one here.

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Couldn’t follow it during the play, but did Dom/Richardson switch the D pairs?

Seemed like Kulak was back with Merrill and Romanov with Chiarot a few times.

• Upvote 1