GDT Habs Oilers May 10th

Merrill is a RD, its his regular side

KK struggles every night, turnover, fall down, try and throw a body check, rinse and repeat. 

I think i gave KK too much credit when i said you don't draft Lars Eller 3rd overall, 

Is this Evans highest point total fir a game? So Calgary is officially out now right?

evans and Caufield for OT?

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Well we weren’t very good tonight outside of the Evans line but we have limped into the playoffs. 🥳

Are the Canucks out as well?

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Well we weren’t very good tonight outside of the Evans line but we have limped into the playoffs. 🥳

We weren't very good, but we are in at least and maybe returning well-rested Gallagher and Weber will help this bunch.

9 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Oh wow, Toffoli should have drawn an interference penalty there. 

I'd have liked to have seen a replay of that.  Watching live it looked like it could have been a penalty.

9 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Is this Evans highest point total fir a game? So Calgary is officially out now right?

evans and Caufield for OT?

Yes, it's Evans' highest single-game point total.  And yes, this knocks Calgary (and Vancouver) out.

A little surprised that Caufield was on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff.  It was moot in the end as they had possession in the offensive zone before they turned it over but I wasn't expecting to see him starting in the D zone against McDavid.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

I'd have liked to have seen a replay of that.  Watching live it looked like it could have been a penalty.

Yes, it's Evans' highest single-game point total. 

A little surprised that Caufield was on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff.  It was moot in the end as they had possession in the offensive zone before they turned it over but I wasn't expecting to see him starting in the D zone against McDavid.

Evans and Suzuki, have probably been the beat centres over the paper week or so - Stall has been useless.

I don’t mind Caufield starting in the D zone in OT - against McDavid is a bit of a stretch though. It still beats the hell out of starting OT with defensive guys who can’t score like Julien used to do.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Well, the boys clinched a playoff spot, and it's not even the final game of the season! :gohabsgo:

Nice to be in, but I hate backing into the playoffs with the loser point. 

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Nice to be in, but I hate backing into the playoffs with the loser point.

We would have backed in with a Flames loss. I think this one is more like coasting downhill on an empty tank ...

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I would have liked to seen a replay of that too.  Toffoli didn't have the puck and there was contact by an Oiler that basically knocked him on his ass.  When ithappened I'm pretty sure he was the deepest Habs in the Oils end.  When its 3 on 3 and a player is tripped etc it instantly creates a 3 on 2 scenario. 

It sucks that Caufield didnt score.  No clue what the record is for getting consecutive GWG in OT but that would have been a great record to keep adding too. 

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Yes, it's Evans' highest single-game point total.  And yes, this knocks Calgary (and Vancouver) out.

The bench was celebrating at the end of regulation.  They clearly knew that 1 point was mission accomplished. 

If we needed two to make the playoffs, I highly doubt Caufield would have been on the ice. 

As it was, why not, might as well give the kid a shift and some experience.  The chances at third place are slim as it is.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The bench was celebrating at the end of regulation.  They clearly knew that 1 point was mission accomplished. 

Yep, and I had a bad gut feeling when I saw that.  I had the impression that the rest of the game didnt matter to them, when it should have.  Like you say their chances at 3rd are slim so they needed the 2 points not just 1.

That game was kind of a microcosm of the Habs’ season - adequate but unsatisfying.

I still want them to pass Winnipeg, but have zero confidence in this group accomplishing anything but the bare minimum.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That game was kind of a microcosm of the Habs’ season - adequate but unsatisfying.

I still want them to pass Winnipeg, but have zero confidence in this group accomplishing anything but the bare minimum.

I didn't realize they could still finish ahead of Winnipeg. However if they go into the playoffs without a healthy Danault, Price, Gallagher, Weber etc. then whether they finish 3rd or 4th likely won't matter much. 

15 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I didn't realize they could still finish ahead of Winnipeg. However if they go into the playoffs without a healthy Danault, Price, Gallagher, Weber etc. then whether they finish 3rd or 4th likely won't matter much. 

Winnipeg lost to Vancouver tonight.

To Finish ahead of Winnipeg, they need to win on Wednesday and hope Winnipeg loses both of their remaining games in regulation.  The tiebreaker goes to the Jets.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Winnipeg lost to Vancouver tonight.

To Finish ahead of Winnipeg, they need to win on Wednesday and hope Winnipeg loses both of their remaining games in regulation.  The tiebreaker goes to the Jets.

Jets play again tomorrow, so Habs will know if they still have at least a shot at 3rd by the time they play Edmonton.