GDT Habs Oilers May 10th

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Jets play again tomorrow, so Habs will know if they still have at least a shot at 3rd by the time they play Edmonton.

At this point, even if Winnipeg loses.... I'd play Primeau and rest Allen.

I'd also rest anyone else who needs it. 

The schedule has been so brutal and the team is in such a state that we need to get the core players as much rest as possible. 

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The schedule has been so brutal and the team is in such a state that we need to get the core players as much rest as possible. 

Edmonton plays Saturday, so the North division playoffs probably won't start 'til Monday (especially if the Habs sneak into 3rd.) That's plenty of rest time for the players.

38 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Regardless, Habs are in:

6b7ff1b9d2dd088ca6b20c8701551aa1.gif

is that Lehkonen scoring ?

Made me laugh, I am happy we made it to the playoffs, stumbling in, but in at last.

All teams will have rested players and some injured players on the mend. 

But if the Habs go on a run like they did at the beginning of the season, It would be an enjoyable stumble to watch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Regardless, Habs are in:

6b7ff1b9d2dd088ca6b20c8701551aa1.gif

This is an almost perfect representation of this season’s path to the playoffs. The only thing that could have made it better is the guy hitting his head in the side of the pool, before actually landing in the pool. 
I said around 4 or 5 weeks ago, there is no way we should not get in. However, I thought given how bad Calgary and Vancouver were, I thought we would have wrapped up thing earlier.  Hopefully, the rest will do Price and Weber good, and they are healthy and ready to go along with Gallagher.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

I agree ... it isn't just simply "rest" but also an extra day for "boo-boos" to heal ... just because they were in the lineup last night doesn't mean many/most players aren't nursing some degree of injury at this point.

Of course, conveniently, that means there are likely legit-ish reasons to rest almost any forward they want ... the Rocket have a game Wednesday night as well, but I think that even with Poehling's injury they have enough forwards to field a full lineup ... so, potentially, it seems that Belzile, Teasdale, Frolik, Pezzetta and Blandisi could all be emergency loans tomorrow night ... if needed ... Gustaffson could step if they want to rest one of last night's D (most likely Petry, Chiarot or Edmundson) ... and ... Laval has enough extra defencemen that I think MB & DD could rest all three if they want ... of course seven emergency loans for the last game of the season might seem a tad suspicious, even to the clueless NHL head office ... but even if it is a possible issue, unless the penalty would be the loss of draft choices, pay the fine ... after all, its not MY money

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Of course, conveniently, that means there are likely legit-ish reasons to rest almost any forward they want ... the Rocket have a game Wednesday night as well, but I think that even with Poehling's injury they have enough forwards to field a full lineup ... so, potentially, it seems that Belzile, Teasdale, Frolik, Pezzetta and Blandisi could all be emergency loans tomorrow night ... if needed ...

Teasdale, Pezzetta, and Blandisi are all out for the season.  Their injuries are what got them recalled to the taxi squad as Laval is down to just 12 healthy forwards.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Teasdale, Pezzetta, and Blandisi are all out for the season.  Their injuries are what got them recalled to the taxi squad as Laval is down to just 12 healthy forwards.

Thanks .. neither the Laval Roster nor CapFriendly seem to reflect AHL injuries.

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

This is an almost perfect representation of this season’s path to the playoffs. The only thing that could have made it better is the guy hitting his head in the side of the pool, before actually landing in the pool. 
I said around 4 or 5 weeks ago, there is no way we should not get in. However, I thought given how bad Calgary and Vancouver were, I thought we would have wrapped up thing earlier.  Hopefully, the rest will do Price and Weber good, and they are healthy and ready to go along with Gallagher.

We would have wrapped things up sooner given how poor Calgary and Vancouver are, had they not had so many extra games in hand. The Habs will likely make the playoffs with a decent cushion of about 7-10 points above those teams.