First Player Traded?

GoHabs2002

Okay, now that we are nearing the Christmas trade and the teams have been able to look at and judge their lineups and players individually, let's play the trade game!

Who do you believe will be the first player Montreal will include in a trade?

Please posts your reasons.

:ghg:

Instead of making a new pole, question should now read:

Among the players listed, who do you believe is most likely to be the first player traded by Bob Gainey.

[Edited on 2005/12/14 by GoHabs2002]

I vote Zednik.

Aside from Theodore and Souray, he probably has the highest value on the market.

But, I'm sure Gainey has been a) expecting more from him the entire season and B) expected more from him with Kovelov out.

The fact that he's been dissappointing, more so then Ribeiro, is why I choose Zednik as the first player to be traded by Gainey.

Zednik might be have more market value than Ribs.. and would cause less of a stun back home but if BG is as coldheaded as we think he is he will trade someone else and not for the teams benefit! Souray on a personal side might be gearing it up a notch so as to either get wounded or become more tradable to the SouthWest!

I don’t believe anyone will be dealt any time soon. If Gainey were going to make a trade he probably would have done it during the rough spread the team just went through with all the losses and injuries.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Souray. Why is Bulis even on the list?

you're right about bulis: he has no value:lol:

just kidding

I think there are a few options available...and I think with Plex stepping up his play the most obvious is Ribeiro, he's poisoning the dressing room, isn't a competitor on the ice most nights really although offensively skilled, isn't fast or strong enough to take advantage of it.

Right behind him IMO are Dags, if he gets dealt it's as a package b/c he has little value on his own and Zednik, who I think will have lost his place on the first line full time with the improved play of Zhogs and upon the return of Koivu and Kovalev. The D isn't terrible and although an upgrade is welcome, I think the most important is an upgrade at the wing on the second line.

Don't forget Bonk too, if we can get rid of him.

Just to clarify so I don't get grief, these are the players I think might be looked at to be dealt and not necessarily, although I'm hoping to get rid of Ribs he's really getting on my nerves and I've had enough

K K Zhogs

?? Plex ryder

Go BOB Go

:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/12/15 by gohabsgo252006]

Originally posted by Rooster

You forgot to unclude a "nobody" option in your poll. That is the most probable answer.

I agree, Rooster. Nobody is the only reasonable answer. I can't see Gainey pulling the trigger. He knows that his team is missing a bunch of major elements.He also knows that, like last season, if he's going to find a 'hired gun', he'll do it near the trade deadline, not now.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

By the way, have considered having Foghorn Leghorn as your avatar? If you like the idea, type the name in Google and click the 'images' icon above the SEARCH bar. You'll find slews of possibilities.

Originally posted by JMMR

I don’t believe anyone will be dealt any time soon. If Gainey were going to make a trade he probably would have done it during the rough spread the team just went through with all the losses and injuries.

Thats why i think it will just happen soon. Gainey has his own way of thinking, we can't keep up with him. So when everybody thinks he does this, he makes another move. So i wouldnt be suprised if he makes a completely other move.

of course gainey doesnt pull a trigger during temporary injuries

1) Many plausible trades involes sending multiple habs for single players (e.g. ribs+dags for player X)

2) Want to bring a player to fit with the full team

Perhaps once Koivu, Kovalev, and/or Bonk are back, gainey can make a reasonable trade. The injuries have given BG a chance to get a better idea of which players can step up and which cannot. Now as the team gets healthy, he can move and create the optimum roster.

Or just be happy to get back 2-3 all-star calibre players and be done with it.

[Edited on 12/15/2005 by simonus]

I do not think anyone will be traded unless another GM makes it worth Gainey's while - Than nobody is safe.

I do not see us giving up multiple palyers for 1 player because we lack depth.

I do not see Z being traded because although he is not playing well he is one of the only pure scorer that we have and we need goals.

I would not trade any experienced player because we are already loaded with youth. A team cannot be sucessful(ish) with too many young guys.

I don't think Gainey should trade youth because we are rebuilding and with the cap only teams that can bring up prospect will suceed.

I'm officially confused myself.

Zednik has a reputation of being a pure scorer...but he's more of a streaky scorer than a pure scorer.

How many shot does he fan on or miss the net with entirely.

I don't know, I used to be a big fan, but he's been terribly dissappointing.

Although, I bet he'll be huge in the playoffs as he always is.

A team loaded in offensive talents can trade for improving its defense or getting draft picks for the future.

A team SOLID in defence can trade to improve its offence or to get drafts picks.

I dont see the CH belonging in there.

On the other hand,since Dagenais is a player that have to live or die with its offensive contribution...he might slowly drift out of the line-up on its way to the AHL.

If Bonk remained goalless for to long, they might try to give him away to liberate some extra cash before the trading date time or for next year.