Game Thread | Montreal vs. Oilers | 12/15/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont hate Julien, nor do I think he's doing a awful job. But you have to question his use of the bench. Why shorten the bench to 3 lines when your guys are running out of gas.

Garth Murray scored a goal and his reward? He gets to sit on the bench the rest of the game. I dont get it....

Originally posted by kaos

Well if the Habs could have managed more than about 6 shots through 2 periods maybe they would have scored.

This team is in desperate need of Koivu, and Kovalev.

THey are brutual.

Well it doesn't help when your fourth line only hits the ice once during those two periods...

Originally posted by dark_faerie87
Originally posted by kaos

Well if the Habs could have managed more than about 6 shots through 2 periods maybe they would have scored.

This team is in desperate need of Koivu, and Kovalev.

THey are brutual.

Well it doesn't help when your fourth line only hits the ice once during those two periods...

Uhhh Hello....if your relying on your fourth line for offense, you've got a big problem.

THeres a reason those guys are on the fourth line, and its not for shots.

More like where's Zednik, Ryder, Ribeiro, Bulis(yeah right), Dagenais, Plekanec ect.,ect

What I don't understand, is Julien's love of shortening the bench, especially when the best line seems to be the 4th line, of Higgins, Kosty and Murray. ANd FURTHERMORE when you are leading by 2

WHy in the heck would you start shortening your bench then, fine if you're down by 2. IT really cost us in this game, b/c the people killing the penalties, were getting more than usual shifts while others sat on the bench. It's very frustrating and I am also a bit worried about the sit back in the 1-2-2 when we get a lead, I can see it sometimes, but some teams like Edmonton are quick and can break it and make you pay for sitting back. Very frustrating, I've been a big Julien supporter, but I'm starting to have my doubts. The issue is not whether the team will be better or not, b/c obviously with K& K we will be better, but if he's making these decisions now, I'm starting to question his abilities to lead this team

kaos not sure what you're talking about. Out of the fourth line players they've scored 2 goals over the last two games in very minial ice time. How can you say that they cannot be solid contributors to the offense when they only play 2 minutes a game. Perez has shown that with ice time he can be dynamic and both murray and kostitisyn have shown promise the last few games.

You can't expect to stage any comebacks when your top 3 lines played pretty much the whole game.

The difference between now, and the beginning of the season's late combacks... is that we were actually rolling 4 lines back then...

I'm getting tired of repeating myself on this subject... but hey, since we aren't winning games, why not just give the 4th a regular shift for the hell of it eh?

Anywayz, 3-1... stupid penalties... and this one goes the other way.

We better rip Minny on Saturday.

When a team only has 6 shots in two periods you don’t ask yourself why aren’t they shooting you ask yourself why the are playing the 1 2 2 trap when up two goals and benching their 4th line.

The reason the benched kosty z hog and Murray is because the don’t know the system and it is that system that costs them. Edmonton is a fast team yes but so is Montreal they just did not show it tonight because they went into that shell I am so angry right not this is ridiculous.

6 shots in the last 2 periods is despicable.

Any coach, in that sort of situation would try to shake things up... for instance, he might try playing his energy line and give those boys a shot..

But what do I know?

Originally posted by lazy26

6 shots in the last 2 periods is despicable.

Any coach, in that sort of situation would try to shake things up... for instance, he might try playing his energy line and give those boys a shot..

But what do I know?

They cant get shots when they dump and chase but only one guy chases because if more then one guy chases they are not playing the system and will get in trouble from Julien its not the players fault its sitting back on leads. The habs must keep pressing not sit back they don’t have the killer instinct to score the 3rd 4th and 5th goals that are so important.

How can you expect to win a game with 5 shots over the last 40 minutes, it ain't gonna happen. We didn't loose because of the way Julian used his players we lost because we didn't generate any offense after the third goal. Zednik was invisible tonight as he has been for the last 3 games. Bulis gave Moreau too much room on the winning goal, I can't understand why he didn't pressure him, that was ridiculous. This loss was very discouraging.

Late penalty killed them… AGAIN.

Oiler player has the puck on the boards, back to the play. habs forward does what? Nuttin! Doesn't dig for the puck. Doesn't try to separate him from the puck. Just kinda gazes at the Oiler. He takes the puck into the faceoff circle and rifles one top shelf. Game ######ing over! One again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Look at who's contributing, the "so-called" 4th line and Ryder that's who, Kosty, Murray, Higgins, all scored in the last 2 games, What happened to Super Dags???, Ribeiro gonna get a goal this season?????, how bout Zednik, he fall asleep at the wheel. Throw in the fact that Plex is being worked to the bone, and Zhogs was the most exciting habs for 2 games, and gets benched, I can't help but wonder, what Julien is thinking, I can't help but get the impression, that every decision he makes is for today and not for the season or the future. Perhaps, he's feeling the heat, or maybe he just fails to understand that Zhogs is a huge asset, you cannot bench him every time he makes a mistake, like Plex, he was set back a good month b/c of lack of confidence after he got dropped b/c of a giveaway. I thought he was good with the young guys, but I am not seeing it. Give em shit, but give em the opportunity to make ti right, not ride the pine... I'm so frustrated, i just dont understand

Ok habs lost again i saw there the new italy (benig italian my self) they are ahead and then they go pley defense and blow it ...zednik played terrible pansy(rebeiro) played even worse well just as expected alot of usless things wtv imo pansy i say trade him:D

Just seconds before the last penalty on Ryder, we had a 3-on-2 rush....Ribeiro gets a nice pass from Ryder, right in the middle of the ice with the defence backing in on Conklin....Prime scoring area, right?....Shoot!!! No, he tries a ridiculous pass back to Ryder who is at an angle....turnover....penalty....PP goal....game over!

I'm sorry but I think we've been patient with this guy far too long....time to dump him (I'll take a 5th round draft pick, anything!)

I didn't watch the game, but it seems to me that the philosophy is to give the young guys who will be with the club all season some major time while the two Ks are out. Higgins and Plekanec are getting the heavy game time they need. They are seeing what it is like to be major players on this team. But when K and K come back, their ice-time will drop significantly, and Kastsitsyn and Murray will return to the minors where they probably need some more time to season (or until we unload Ribero and Dagenais). It may be frustrating now, but it seems like the people at the helm have a long term vision, one which they are sticking too.

The pieces are coming together, and barring more injuries, I think we will have a very competitive team in the new year, and I expect we will do well in the playoffs. Fear not. Losing your two best players, and having some of your best defencemen distracted, suspended, or on leaves of absence would take down any good team.

Super glad to hear that Sourray is still down with MTL! And is starting to play good hockey again.

Originally posted by Bacchus

I didn't watch the game, but it seems to me that the philosophy is to give the young guys who will be with the club all season some major time while the two Ks are out. Higgins and Plekanec are getting the heavy game time they need. They are seeing what it is like to be major players on this team. But when K and K come back, their ice-time will drop significantly, and Kastsitsyn and Murray will return to the minors where they probably need some more time to season (or until we unload Ribero and Dagenais). It may be frustrating now, but it seems like the people at the helm have a long term vision, one which they are sticking too.

The pieces are coming together, and barring more injuries, I think we will have a very competitive team in the new year, and I expect we will do well in the playoffs. Fear not. Losing your two best players, and having some of your best defencemen distracted, suspended, or on leaves of absence would take down any good team.

Super glad to hear that Sourray is still down with MTL! And is starting to play good hockey again.

This is your first post, so I'm going to hold back and go easy on you...

but that might be the worst thing I've read today. You didn't watch the game, that's fine, me either. However....look at the stats, or find a general consenus about the game before posting, cause I didn't see a single true statement in that entire post, except how it's great that Souray is getting back to form.

Therefore I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

At what point will the rookies that will be here all season be getting more ice time? This game? This one game? and if that's what you mean, then I guess you meant all the rookies... but Perezhogin?

The pieces are coming together? Funny...I could have sworn they've been falling apart. In fact, they may never have really been together at any point this season.

This is the long term vision of the Habs organization? This is how it is, this is how it will always be, there is no changing, sieg heil. Gee, I'd love to see them adapt to what's happening within the team.

But hey....welcome to Habsworld.

[Edited on 2005/12/16 by Trizzak]