GDT, Oilers @ Canadiens, 5PM EST

TurdBurglar

Playoffs are set, North Division playoffs begin next Wednesday with either Montreal @ Toronto or Winnipeg @ Edmonton.

As for today's game, I'll update lines as they become available.  In every sense standing wise, this is a meaningless game for both teams.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’m curious about the lines tonight. 

Ducharme you need to sit anyone that needs it. 

Caufield hat trick 

We should sit as much as possible, but at the same time, we have the rocket also playing today (and they only have 11 fwds seeing as how they used Brook at fwd yesterday) and while we can get "emergency" callups for anyone injured, those still have to fit under the cap.  So I'm not sure how many they can sit.  That said, anyone who needs it should sit.

It seems logical for those two to dress this afternoon, otherwise why call them up ... maybe/likely Frolik, Belzile and Gustafsson as well ... think I've seen enough of Ouellet, Frolik and Gustafsson but interested to see Ylönen and more of Belzile

56 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We should sit as much as possible, but at the same time, we have the rocket also playing today (and they only have 11 fwds seeing as how they used Brook at fwd yesterday) and while we can get "emergency" callups for anyone injured, those still have to fit under the cap.  So I'm not sure how many they can sit.  That said, anyone who needs it should sit.

Not that it's going to come up now with the recalls having been made but a retroactive LTIR placement for Price (who has missed enough time since he last played to satisfy the games missed requirement) would have solved that issue.

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Wed afternoon game? WTH? In a hurry to end reg. season?

I think this is Sportsnet's fault.  They have a national game at 7:30 EST (TOR-OTT) and with Edmonton's regional rights being on Sportsnet, they don't want the overlap.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think this is Sportsnet's fault.  They have a national game at 7:30 EST (TOR-OTT) and with Edmonton's regional rights being on Sportsnet, they don't want the overlap.

Yeah, we had a Canucks-Senators wednesday game moved to an earlier start time earlier this season too. 

We also had a Habs-Sens game be played early on a Saturday as it was a TSN game and they didn't want it to interfere with the 7pm HNIC game.

Its all been a juggling act so local games don't interfere with national ones with the postponements.

We have an opportunity here to build up some great momentum to carry us through to the end of the regular season! Go Habs Go! .....Home. 

• Upvote 1

Tonight's scratches: Anderson, Toffoli, Staal, Edmundson, Petry, Allen

To me this kind of indicates that Staal will be used in the playoffs.  No need to rest him if he's gonna be a healthy scratch. 

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

To me this kind of indicates that Staal will be used in the playoffs.  No need to rest him if he's gonna be a healthy scratch. 

Good point about Staal, not sure I like it but does point to him being on game 1 lineup...

at the expense of whom is the question? 

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

ugh, this could get ugly.

Wonder if Leafs rest some players as well and this turns into prè-season quality garbage.

That d lineup is scary bad.

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Was there any doubt that Staal would be playoff bound? 

It sucks cause it means a good player sits, possibly Evans 

7 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Good point about Staal, not sure I like it but does point to him being on game 1 lineup...

at the expense of whom is the question? 

I think its at the expense of KK. 

As I said in the other thread I see the playoff lineup as

Tatar- Danault - Gallagher

Toffoli - Suzuki - Anderson

Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

Perry 

Centre would be one of KK or Staal (and this seems to be Staal).
RW would be one of Caufield/Armia. 

5 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

ugh, this could get ugly.

Wonder if Leafs rest some players as well and this turns into prè-season quality garbage.

That d lineup is scary bad.

We are playing the Oilers. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We are playing the Oilers. 

Haha my bad, was way out in left field.

Same thought though, this could be a poorly played game all around.

22 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Wow looking at that Dcore we have no depth what so ever on it. Once our top starters go down its basically AHL Dcore. 

Take the best 2 ... and 3 of the top 4 Defence off any team in the NHL and they will look like this.   Weber, Petry and Edmundson.

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

KK is an idiot. Basically all alone TWICE right in front of the goalie and he turns to pass both times. 

Its the sign of no confidence.