GDT, Oilers @ Canadiens, 5PM EST

TurdBurglar

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Caufield 4 goals including OT winner

Do you REALLY want him to pull a Poehling?

Not CC's first game or goal(s) but it is otherwise the same circumstance ... last game, doesn't matter to either team

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That is one Primeau needs to stop though 2-2

I agree ... but didn't see a good angle to assess what RDS described as the puck being tipped just before reaching Primeau

Ylonen has a chance to be the best #56 ever for the Habs:

• David Wilkie 1995
  • Scott Fraser 1996
  • Alain Nasreddine 1999
  • Stephane Robidas 2001-2002

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Primeau is not ready to be the backup if they lose Allen to Seattle.

I agree but he's still 2-4 years from being a NHL regular as well.  21 is young for a goalie in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I agree but he's still 2-4 years from being a NHL regular as well.  21 is young for a goalie in the NHL.

I still think he's a good prospect.  He just needs to play in Laval.

I missed the 1st 3 mins and it was 1-0 Habs and I only saw 1 min of the 1st when my computer froze again.  I got the game back on and there 4 mins left in the 2nd and they were down 3-2.

Silly question, but is Primeau's rebound control really that bad, or is he actually doing that on purpose?  I'm wondering if he's trying to do the JS Giguere thing where he would kick the rebounds to his teammates?  Only with Primeau the speed at the NHL level is much faster than what he is used to so its not as obvious as to what he's trying to do.  He doesnt have that level of control when trying to do that, yet.  

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I missed the 1st 3 mins and it was 1-0 Habs and I only saw 1 min of the 1st when my computer froze again.  I got the game back on and there 4 mins left in the 2nd and they were down 3-2.

Silly question, but is Primeau's rebound control really that bad, or is he actually doing that on purpose?  I'm wondering if he's trying to do the JS Giguere thing where he would kick the rebounds to his teammates?  Only with Primeau the speed at the NHL level is much faster than what he is used to so its not as obvious as to what he's trying to do.  He doesnt have that level of control when trying to do that, yet.  

Good question, I was assuming the rebounds were mistakes but It’s an interesting idea

In the other games I believe I saw him attempt to do that numerous times but poorly so its hard to say for sure.  However, they showed 1 clip from this game where 2 Habs were directly in front of him and he kicked the puck 6-8 feet straight out in front of the net and it went right to 1 of them.  That time it was obvious as to what he was doing because he pulled it off perfectly.  However, is that he's usually trying to do?  I'd have to think yes, because he's rebound control almost seems so bad that he shouldnt even be in AHL.  

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

They are the future, but going into the playoffs are they the now?

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The way Caufield is playing he's making his case for the last winger spot.

I actually think that line is held together by Armia’s work. I think they should be a line

For O/T start CC, Belzile and Ylonen ... just for fun

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

For O/T start CC, Belzile and Ylonen ... just for fun

KNEW Suzuki and Chiarot were a mistake ... LOL

;)

In many ways an ending to sum up the season

39 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Suzuki, Caufield looks good

Agree, the very positive things the last few weeks are that Suzuki has stepped up his game and is looking more and more like a quality #2 centre (of course may be #1 on this team) who will score 65-70 points a year, maybe more.  Also it really looks like Caulfield will be a 30 goal scorer, maybe 35-40.  Unfortunately KK looks a little lost out there right now. 

40 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree, the very positive things the last few weeks are that Suzuki has stepped up his game and is looking more and more like a quality #2 centre (of course may be #1 on this team) who will score 65-70 points a year, maybe more.  Also it really looks like Caulfield will be a 30 goal scorer, maybe 35-40.  Unfortunately KK looks a little lost out there right now. 

Suzuki had looked Caufield. KK looks like a guy that is regressing and looks like he has zero confidence.