2021 NHL Playoffs

Neech

stanley-cup-playoffs-2021-first-round-05

Some great first round matchups to tide us over as we wait for Thursday. Chara's return and the Wilson sideshow vs the Bruins jumps out right away, as well as the surprisingly competitive battle for Florida and a Pens-Isles rematch.  Hard to see anything blocking an Avs-Knights showdown in the second round.  Are the final four teams reseeded? 

37 minutes ago, Neech said:

Some great first round matchups to tide us over as we wait for Thursday. Chara's return and the Wilson sideshow vs the Bruins jumps out right away, as well as the surprisingly competitive battle for Florida and a Pens-Isles rematch.  Hard to see anything blocking an Avs-Knights showdown in the second round.  Are the final four teams reseeded? 

When they're down to the Final Four, they will be reseeded by regular season points with the usual tiebreakers applying if necessary.

• Upvote 1

I’d love Icelanders over the Pens - since I live near Pittsburgh and it’s been pleasant since the playins last year to talk with their fans. 

And I do think Habs will push the Maples to 7. And at the end of the day, Habs playing with house money and the Maples tight on the stick, we win. (OT game 7 win would be Uber sweet!!)

8 hours ago, revvvrob said:

I’d love Icelanders over the Pens - since I live near Pittsburgh and it’s been pleasant since the playins last year to talk with their fans. 

And I do think Habs will push the Maples to 7. And at the end of the day, Habs playing with house money and the Maples tight on the stick, we win. (OT game 7 win would be Uber sweet!!)

Jesus Christ I don’t think I could handle it. 

Not to mention my 8yr old would have a meltdown of epic proportions. 

Habs in 7

Oilers in 6

Carolina in 5

Tampa Bay in 6

Islanders in 7

Washington in 6

Colorado in 5

Vegas in 7

I’ll be the first to admit that I have hardly paid *any* attention to the rest of the league during this year of the North Division. And yet, I’ve been noticing all year that the Carolina Hurricanes have been quietly hanging around the very top of the standings. That’s a franchise that has been playoff worthy for a while but gone through some growing pains (i.e., disappointments). I dunno...I just have a feeling. They’re lurking in the psychological weeds, no one is talking about them, that often seems to be the team that goes all the way. 

I watched the Colorado- St. Louis game last night, that Colorado team is very impressive. Had something like 52 shots, Binnington kept it respectable.  In my opinion Nathan Mckinnon is the 2nd best player in the NHL, just a shade behind McDavid, a team with great speed. If they get decent goaltending (which is true for any team) then they are my favourite to win it all. Cale Makar is phenomenal. It was nice to watch a game with fans in the stands, really enjoyed the game.  That's definitely 1 advantage American teams will have playing a team from Canada, they will have fans in the stands cheering for them, likely full buildings by then, it can make a difference. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I watched the Colorado- St. Louis game last night, that Colorado team is very impressive. Had something like 52 shots, Binnington kept it respectable.  In my opinion Nathan Mckinnon is the 2nd best player in the NHL, just a shade behind McDavid, a team with great speed. If they get decent goaltending (which is true for any team) then they are my favourite to win it all. Cale Makar is phenomenal. It was nice to watch a game with fans in the stands, really enjoyed the game.  That's definitely 1 advantage American teams will have playing a team from Canada, they will have fans in the stands cheering for them, likely full buildings by then, it can make a difference. 

Grubauer had a vezna like 3/4 of a shortened season. He only had 10 bad games or so. I think they're set in all areas. 

None of the media I watched this morning mentioned that the Panthers lost the first two game at home ... they are in trouble.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

None of the media I watched this morning mentioned that the Panthers lost the first two game at home ... they are in trouble.

That’s because no one cares about the Panthers, LOL.

Tried watching couple american games, and found out I could care less (cant cheer for Bruins or Caps or Tampa or....) who wins any of those series....Go BlueJays!

But Oil and Jets play today, which could be worthwhile watching McDavid play...but who wins series i still dont care for either team and will PVR the Jays game and watch it instead.

:gohabsgo:

I watched a Habs game in Florida a few years ago, and even with the majority of people there being Hab fans, it was still the most depressing NHL arena I've been to. It was cool wearing shorts to the game in March though

• Like 1

Kadri being the lowlife he is.

"LOVE" his who me innocent face in the penalty box ...  my prediction ... NHL cancels the Match Penalty because Nazem's elbow touched the guys chest as his shoulder sent Faulk's head into "Linda Blair" mode (for the youngsters amongst you) ... and, 13:30 of game time in the playoffs equates to a 30 game suspension anyway

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Kadri being Kadri ... "LOVE" his who me innocent face in the penalty box ...  my prediction ... NHL cancels the Match Penalty because Nazem's elbow touched the guys chest as his shoulder sent Faulk's head into "Linda Blair" mode (for the youngsters amongst you) ... and, 13:30 of game time in the playoffs equates to a 30 game suspension anyway

I watched the game, stupid, stupid play that got St. Louis right back in the game. Kadri has a way of doing stupid things in the playoffs. Good player but.....

19 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I watched the game, stupid, stupid play that got St. Louis right back in the game. Kadri has a way of doing stupid things in the playoffs. Good player but.....

Don't care about the impact on the game ... it was another example of a ridiculously dangerous hit that, if not intentional (only the player really knows),  at very least was a reckless, voluntary act (i.e., he intended to "blow up" the player) without ANY regard for the safety of the opponent. 

• dlbalr pinned this topic
  • dlbalr unpinned this topic