Theodore's injury in Edmonton game

habscout

I couldn't watch the game Thursday night, as the heavy snow & cloud cover knocked out my satellite. I only saw the "highlights" this morning. There was a point in the 2nd period where Theodore made a leg save and went down wincing in pain. I read later that the trainer worked on him for around 5 minutes then he continued to play.

For those of you who watched the game, I'd like to hear your comments on how well or poorly Theodore played after the injury. I'm asking this because I'm wondering if it had an impact in any way on the Habs blowing the 3-1 lead.

I am not sure. Saw it as it happend on RDS at it seems to be his groin again. I was a very routine move getting from the left post to the right on his knees the he flinched (it could have costed a goal - PHEW).

My prediction theo is not playing on saterday against the wild, hes been playing on a groin injury for more then half the season already so i think its time to give him a break and put huet so he can get at least on game under his belt.

No, it wasn't Theo's fault.

Hopefully Huet playes better than Conklin did last night. Yikes! Had we gotten more shots on goalwe surely would have won. Conky fumbled Souray's long bombs from center ice a few times and has real problems handling the puck. He also messed up on Ryder's goal. Is Markkanen injured or just taking the day off?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Hopefully Huet playes better than Conklin did last night. Yikes! Had we gotten more shots on goalwe surely would have won. Conky fumbled Souray's long bombs from center ice a few times and has real problems handling the puck. He also messed up on Ryder's goal. Is Markkanen injured or just taking the day off?

Yep, Conklin looked shaky at times. Hello there Garth Murray. I'm still thinkin Théo should have stopped that Moreau shot. If Cristo gets the start on saturday: bonne chance mec.

Umm i think he wasn't injured because they asked their coach if it was hard to chose between who to start out of the 3 goalies they have he said its not easy but well give conklin the start tonight.

Originally posted by mathieug

Yep, Conklin looked shaky at times. Hello there Garth Murray. I'm still thinkin Théo should have stopped that Moreau shot. If Cristo gets the start on saturday: bonne chance mec.

Theo had little chance on that shot, Moreau was allowed to walk into the circle and he wired a rocket high to the blocker side. It was a great shot, the kind that has to hit the goalie in order for him to stop it

Originally posted by riker

I am not sure. Saw it as it happend on RDS at it seems to be his groin again. I was a very routine move getting from the left post to the right on his knees the he flinched (it could have costed a goal - PHEW).

He got hit on the inside of his knee by a shot

"J'ai reçu un lancer frappé sur la rotule. À cet endroit, les gardiens sont mal protégés avec les nouvelles jambières. J'ajoute maintenant un protecteur additionnel mais ça ne suffit pas pour bien protéger le genou.

J'ai terminé la deuxième période mais c'était douloureux. Et comme j'ai la tête dure, j'ai décidé de rester dans le match. J'avoue que je m'en veux aujourd'hui.

Je prends le blâme pour la troisième période. Je n'ai pas été honnête envers mes coéquipiers. Je n'aurais pas dû continuer. Ce fut une mauvaise décision. J'ai manqué de jugement. Je ne dis pas que j'aurais pu empêcher le quatrième but. Mais je n'ai pas défié le joueur des Oilers comme j'aime le faire généralement"

- José Théodore, La Presse, vendredi 16 décembre 2005

:hlogo:

Originally posted by mathieug

"J'ai reçu un lancer frappé sur la rotule. À cet endroit, les gardiens sont mal protégés avec les nouvelles jambières. J'ajoute maintenant un protecteur additionnel mais ça ne suffit pas pour bien protéger le genou.

J'ai terminé la deuxième période mais c'était douloureux. Et comme j'ai la tête dure, j'ai décidé de rester dans le match. J'avoue que je m'en veux aujourd'hui.

Je prends le blâme pour la troisième période. Je n'ai pas été honnête envers mes coéquipiers. Je n'aurais pas dû continuer. Ce fut une mauvaise décision. J'ai manqué de jugement. Je ne dis pas que j'aurais pu empêcher le quatrième but. Mais je n'ai pas défié le joueur des Oilers comme j'aime le faire généralement"

- José Théodore, La Presse, vendredi 16 décembre 2005

:hlogo:

--basically "The new pads don't protect so well. I took a puck to the knee, it hurt me despite some extra padding I had. I'm stubborn so I said I was ok and played the third period even though I probably shouldn't have. It's my fault, that was a bad decision. I didn't stand up to the Oiler player as I should have on the fourth goal..."