Carey Price Cut from Team Canada Junior Camp!

Helmethead

I knew we should have picked Brule *rolleyes*

Debyuk was weak yestarday it can't be him, and Ellis wasn't impressive either. Not saying Price was brilliant but c'mon.

They threw Price to the wolves yestarday. He played net against the WJC team. Shouldn't they have atleast switched them up?

[Edited on 2005/12/16 by Leafs Suck]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

So wait, Debuyk lets in 5 yestarday, plays terrible in the inter-squad game and he makes it over Price?

I knew we should have picked Debuyk over Price! :lol:

Seriously though, this sounds*BLEEPED* up

[Edited on 12-16-05 by Fanpuck33]

So wait, Debuyk lets in 5 yestarday, plays terrible in the inter-squad game and he makes it over Price?

Yeah, this is trully unbelievable. Other than Pogge and Price, the other goalies sucked. I though this was a lock for Price. I'm shocked! This selection sucks.

i'm sure bob gainey would appreciate a call from you:lol:

brulé was said to be a fragile player, and so far he broke is sternum and a leg. all that in one half of a season.

It's not because you get cut from team canada's camp that you suck. some great wjc players went to have terrible hockey careers after.

please let'S not judge to quickly:ghg:

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

i'm sure bob gainey would appreciate a call from you:lol:

brulé was said to be a fragile player, and so far he broke is sternum and a leg. all that in one half of a season.

It's not because you get cut from team canada's camp that you suck. some great wjc players went to have terrible hockey careers after.

please let'S not judge to quickly:ghg:

I think LS was being sarcastic with his comment (look at the rest of his post).

I don't know i still dont think price was worth the 5th overall pick, I say we should have gone after a Dman that would have been desent for montreal in the long run.

To gainey we didnt have much depth in goal i say we did we have in all theo danis havlak ( sorry if i cant spell it ) huet and some other i forgot who tho and they all young.

So either DMan or BIG center to replace ribeiro would have been good.

Where's good ol' Fanpuck with all his rules about baiting. I guess they only applies when he wants to try and make himself look right.

Ok looks like i did something wrong again doesnt suprise me...

Bottom line, the coaches picked who they thought performed the best. Both goalies picked are 19 so it looks like experience likely factored into it also. When Price was taken in the draft it was because of his potential to develop not for how good he is now, the team doesn't need him now. I have complete faith in who Sutter and his staff have selected for this team. Price will get another chance next year if he earns it.

Originally posted by koivu-11

Where's good ol' Fanpuck with all his rules about baiting. I guess they only applies when he wants to try and make himself look right.

Nah, koivu, that was directed at me.

It was a joke, Leafs Suck. No ill-will intended.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

Nah, koivu, that was directed at me.

It was a joke, Leafs Suck. No ill-will intended.

Oh ok thanks. lol i thought i did something wrong again...

Was there foul or racist language used? Did somebody try to stir up trouble? I don't see anything that tried to bait anyone into an argument.

Like I've said 100 times, threads are never edited to support/disprove anyone's opinion. Edits only come when there is a rules violation or the post is complete nonsense (i.e. 5 line long run-on sentence with no puncuation.)

yes..price was a solid pick...there may be some interesting options in retrospect but brule will not be one..marc staal would be the only regret? i see.

Price however is a sure thing and rollie melanson is a goaltending freakin guru and im sure they would have consulted him before making the pick.

Good teams do their research..go into the draft with a list of the most talented players up and down and when it is their turn they take the highest level of player still available regardless. This is what leads to things like perezhogin kastitsyn komisarek plekanec chipchura latendresse and price..not bad

Other wise a team could..lets say..spend years of great draft picks trying to get a power forward and therby screwing over the depth of a once stoiried franchise throughout the entire 90's..hypothetically at least

BOTTOM LINE: there is a good reason your opinions are read here and not reported about in the sports section like gainey and andre savards..they are proven professionals who had a really good pick fall into their laps..do you really think they would have picked price unless they REALLY wanted him and dont you think that they probably are a much better judge of hockey talent than you.

If not give them a call ..Im sure they are waiting by the phone to get your input.

i didnt realize we had such stern taskmasters, nobody ever bothers me... of course I am a separatist neo-conservative.

The line between acceptable and unacceptable isnt that fine...