Game Thread | Montreal vs. Wild | 12/17/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen Im not going to pretend that Im listening to the most honest and true accoutn of whats happening. The CJAD announcers really are homers, but thats all I have to work with. Id love to be able to watch and comment, but I do what I can and I just hate having it held against me.

Originally posted by nhfarber

thanks for the support though guys, I appreciate it

DO you want a kiss on the cheek while your tucked into bed as well.

I wasn't holding it against you that you can't afford NHL Center Ice. THat wasn't my point at all

The point is, the Habs are playing shit, and you can't blame the refs like everybody is, such as announcers and the people on here.

THe Habs have lost 12 or so of their last 16 for a reason and it isn't bad reffing.

So I apologize if I offended you, and you thought I was picking on you cause your a student and can't afford center ice, that wasn't my intention and I don't believe I wrote that anywhere. How the hell do I know who you are or what you can afford.

Much like you I'm just on here to give my opinion as well. I just happened to see the game. And the Habs lost cause Ryder took a dumb as penalty and Minnesota scored.

[Edited on 2005/12/18 by kaos]

The penalty Ryder took in the OT was a necessary one, unlike the delay of game/shooting the puck over the glass against Edmonton. He broke up a legitimate scoring opportunity. Unfortunately, Foster ended the game just a few seconds too early. It was a much better effort by everyone, and Huet played very well. It's amazing what Koivu's presence does to the team.

The only question that has to be answered is why is Dr. Mulder holding Kovalev out of the lineup? He said he's 100%, there's no pain in the knee, and as evidenced by the clip RDS aired earlier this week, he has full mobility. If he's not dressed for the Sens game, Mulder should be replaced.

I can’t believe how many games Montreal has lost where they have led in the third period. This needs to end.

When Kovalev comes back I want the Habs to absolutely play no trap at all I would love them to run and gun and put some big offensive numbers up and chase some goalies. The Habs have only scored more than 3 goals once in they’re past thirteen games. That just does not cut it, especially when they have allowed more then 3 nine times in their past fifteen games. Things need to change the Habs need to seize their opportunities and show KILLER INSTINCT.

I dont recall ever saying that the refs were responsible for all of their losses. So Id appreciate you not putting words in my mouth. I simply said that it appeared as though it was a bad call on the ryder penalty. Of course while on that powerplay the wild scored the game winner. Therefore for those of us that believe that it was a poor call, could say that it was that call that ultimately lost us the game.

Note to Julien: Never, I mean NEVER match up the defensive pair of Komi & Cube with Ribs line, especially with 5 minutes left and a 1-goal lead......the last 2 goals against were a direct result of this lethal combination.

1 goal leads is why the Habs lost.

They had 3 one goal leads tried to protect them failed miserably, regained the one goal lead twice more and failed to protect it again.

The Habs need to get the message to keep scoring never let your foot off the gas pedal.

Originally posted by SoCalHab

Note to Julien: Never, I mean NEVER match up the defensive pair of Komi & Cube with Ribs line, especially with 5 minutes left and a 1-goal lead......the last 2 goals against were a direct result of this lethal combination.

The last 2 goals in regulation time, that is.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Why did Zhogs get only 4 minutes today....he's so explosive, i can't help but feel like he could be better used then say Dagenais. It's so bad, I want ribs and dags traded just so Zhogs and Plex or Higgins can get mroe time or even Murray anybody that puts in some effort.

I have no idea.

Julien loves shortening his bench but today it was done for him Begin and Plex were gone in the first why he would not use one of the Habs biggest offensives threats because of the Chances he creates boggles my mind.

On a high note, Bulis was +3. Apparently, he, Sundstrom, Souray and Ribeiro all had pretty good games last night. Nice to see guys waking up for Koivu.