Game Thread | Montreal vs. Wild | 12/17/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

more fights in the TO vs. Ott game....more $ out of their pockets, those coaches are gonna be crying tommorow and suspensions, if ott dosn't play again before they play us on tuesday, they might be without Pothier and Spezza (maybe not)

Spezza for sure, he got the instigator.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

more fights in the TO vs. Ott game....more $ out of their pockets, those coaches are gonna be crying tommorow and suspensions, if ott dosn't play again before they play us on tuesday, they might be without Pothier and Spezza (maybe not)

Sens don't play until tuesday

Yah! No Spezza for the habs to deal with. That makes the sens much less scary, plus we'll have Kovalev back. I just wish Plekanec wasnt injured tonight, hopefully he is back for Tuesday and Dags is kicked out of the lineup (more like Perezhogin or Murray unfortunately, knowing Juliens history).

Originally posted by lazy26
Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Sens don't play until tuesday

I think we might need to send a thank you card to Colaiacovo. :/)

Reminds me of the Edmonton game so far, hopefully we change that in the third.

Really tired of seeing the Dags-Ribs-Ryder line, it's just ugly at this point. Would have really liked to see Pleks playing with Ryder but unfortunately the injury put an early end to that. Hopefully we'll at least have Perez in there instead of Dags.

Friggin Ribeiro...He stinks like a used pile of baby diapers covered in fish...

Yes it's good.

Respectfully, I would have swapped the two elements to employ their material characteristics -- consider for example, instead of "used pile of baby diapers covered in fish," the possibility of "rotting fish wrapped in used baby diapers."

Diapers can wrap things, so now you are using your materials in a natural way.

Also, what sort of fish exactly? And, baby poop is bad for sure, but what about old people's soupy, stringy excrement? Wouldn't that be even worse? Specificity is your friend -- so consider "rotting cod bundled in used adult incontinence diapers"?

Hmm, thinking about it, "adult incontinence diapers" is long-winded, so probably "diapers" alone is better here.

Anyway, great talking hockey with you!

Originally posted by riker
Originally posted by Lister110

All's well that ends with the Leafs losing 8-2 hahahaha

I'll sleep like a baby know that one! :zzz:

Not like that last game of ours against the Oilers. I had pissed even later on the next day.

Today is really good though TO loses and so does New Jersey. We need a win tonight.

Originally posted by riker

All's well that ends with the Leafs losing 8-2 hahahaha

I'll sleep like a baby know that one! :zzz:

Not like that last game of ours against the Oilers. I had pissed even later on the next day.

Today is really good though TO loses and so does New Jersey. We need a win tonight.

You got that right! Hope that a game away for Theodore will help him realize that he needs to play a little better...

Nice to see what a difference that Saku is back on the ice! :ghg:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Friggin Ribeiro...He stinks like a used pile of baby diapers covered in fish...

Yes it's good.

Respectfully, I would have swapped the two elements to employ their material characteristics -- consider for example, instead of "used pile of baby diapers covered in fish," the possibility of "rotting fish wrapped in used baby diapers."

Diapers can wrap things, so now you are using your materials in a natural way.

Also, what sort of fish exactly? And, baby poop is bad for sure, but what about old people's soupy, stringy excrement? Wouldn't that be even worse? Specificity is your friend -- so consider "rotting cod bundled in used adult incontinence diapers"?

Hmm, thinking about it, "adult incontinence diapers" is long-winded, so probably "diapers" alone is better here.

Anyway, great talking hockey with you!

Oh man that's some great stuff. I certainly hope he's dealt soon, this may get rather challenging having to come up with something nasty to compare Ribeiro too, but i certainly like where you went with this. Keep up the good work.

3rd period... here we go................

pk's done... dat's good

ryder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the minnesota team, alex henry was one of my students when i taught in timmins ontario...

it's interesting to see him as one who comes to the rescue of his team-mates and to be described by tsn.ca/hockey/players as

one who 'Brings a lot of physical presence to the lineup. Hits early and often. Will not back down from anyone.' and as a 'Physical defenseman'.

he was a very quiet, soft spoken, polite, pleasant, respectful kid... one you'd be glad to have as a kid of your own :)