Kovalev is Back!

koivu-11

I'm happy the doctors didn't let him play. I think he should be rested to the point that re-injuring his leg is not possible. Kovalev plays a rough and tumble game. His leg needs to be able to withstand all the abuse that will be thrown at him. When he comes back I want it to be for good.

[Edited on 2005/12/16 by Lister110]

Did anyone catch the clip of Kovalev doing the puck-handling drill this week? He had a bunch of pucks set up inside one of the faceoff circles and was circling in and out like he'd never had any knee problems at all. I think the biggest test for him is body contact. You know opponents are gonna pay extra special attention to him, and if they get a chance to hit him, they won't hesitate. I'd rather they err on the side of caution than throw him back in before the knee is 100%.

Originally posted by RobRock

Did anyone catch the clip of Kovalev doing the puck-handling drill this week? He had a bunch of pucks set up inside one of the faceoff circles and was circling in and out like he'd never had any knee problems at all.

That was sooo beautiful to watch :bow:

I can't wait to get some high end skill back in the lineup....The memories from teh beginning of the year, when kovalev would dangle around everyone are so beautiful in my head. I am very much looking forward to seeing more of the same...Damn winter vacation, unfortunately my parents, don't have center ice like i do at school, so i'll have to settle for listening other than saturday nights...GEEZ

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

I can't wait to get some high end skill back in the lineup....The memories from teh beginning of the year, when kovalev would dangle around everyone are so beautiful in my head. I am very much looking forward to seeing more of the same...Damn winter vacation, unfortunately my parents, don't have center ice like i do at school, so i'll have to settle for listening other than saturday nights...GEEZ

Where are you from man?? lol your school has center ice, Not spoiled lol.

Um and yeaaaaa Kovalev is a god ! i saw that puck dandling thing wow...

Originally posted by Mont Royale

@$@$%# doctors, not letting Kovalev play. Must not be Habs fans.

:P

I think it's doctor maguire who made the call:lol:

Originally posted by RobRock

Did anyone catch the clip of Kovalev doing the puck-handling drill this week? He had a bunch of pucks set up inside one of the faceoff circles and was circling in and out like he'd never had any knee problems at all. I think the biggest test for him is body contact. You know opponents are gonna pay extra special attention to him, and if they get a chance to hit him, they won't hesitate. I'd rather they err on the side of caution than throw him back in before the knee is 100%.

That video was amazing.

And part of the reason why Kovalev is so important is because he takes the pressure off of Koivu. If we're a one-man team then they put a good checker on Koivu and we have nothing. With Kovalev in the line-up, he's their #1 concern so Koivu is left a little more open. And then you can imagine what's left on Zednik.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

@$@$%# doctors, not letting Kovalev play. Must not be Habs fans.

:P

better to have him completely healed and playing than 'mostly' healed and risking aggravating his condition like Théodore.

Originally posted by ch for life

well said..if they rush him and he re-injures i would lose some serious faith in gainey

Lose faith in Gainey? whatever for? are you saying that it's Gainey who decides if Kovalev goes back to play or not?

If he's the reasonable man that I expect he is, he will follow the advice of his team doctors. Kovalev will not play until they give him the green light or Kovalev himself forces the issue.

Be reasonable... and by the way have the doctor check your leg reflex... your knee's jerking awfully high