Sykora to Habs/Bruins

JimmyBeans

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of addition by subtraction..it is accountability by action... get rid of ribs and dags ( they both are young and have small salaries..maybe we can trick vancouver into thinking dagenais is a power forward prospect) there is some skill there in ribs..and size in dags I am sure that some team close to the cap and looking to dump would see this as an ideal situation for both teams...would like to see that happen in pittsburgh now that Therrien is there maybe for palfy?

Originally posted by HAB4EVA

I don't thin we should trade Zednik for Sykora. Sykora is worth over 3M a year and Zednik is just as productive. I would get him for picks unless they would take Bonk.

Zednik is making 1.8M$, but will probably ask for more next year, although he has no arguments to back that up because he's terrible this year.

As for Sykora, its is last year and won't be making 3M$ next year. Probably around 2M$ considering the season he is having...so money should not be an issue here.

Is Sykora better then Zednik? I think so. Zednik as leveled off and will never be more then what we have seen from him. As for Sykora, he's still just 29 and as had very good years (much better then Zednik ever had) in the past. I would trade Zednik for Sykora if we can retain Sykora's services next year for 2M$.

Don't forget that the cap is now rumoured to be between 40 and 45M$ next year since the NHL is doing better then expected. We will have plenty of cap space to make a few moves. We need 1 very good D and a new 2nd line center. We also need to lose Bonk...waiver I don't care.

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev

Perezhogin-?-Ryder

Bulis-Plekanec-Higgins

?-Bégin-?

We can sign a good 2nd line center as a FA or make a trade for one (personnaly, I would love to get Richards)and fill the 4th line with cheap gritty FA.

At D:

Markov-Rivet

?-Komisarek

Bouillon-Dandenault

I would love to get Redden as a FA. Those top 2 D pairs would be getting most of the ice time with Bouillon and Dandy being a very good 3rd pair for the 10-15 minutes they would have to play.

For goalies, well everyone knows i don't like Theo (proud to be is #1 hater, because I'm sure Bob doesn't like him either), so stuck with him until Price is ready in 2-3 years.

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

I don't thin we should trade Zednik for Sykora. Sykora is worth over 3M a year and Zednik is just as productive. I would get him for picks unless they would take Bonk.

Zednik is making 1.8M$, but will probably ask for more next year, although he has no arguments to back that up because he's terrible this year.

As for Sykora, its is last year and won't be making 3M$ next year. Probably around 2M$ considering the season he is having...so money should not be an issue here.

Is Sykora better then Zednik? I think so. Zednik as leveled off and will never be more then what we have seen from him. As for Sykora, he's still just 29 and as had very good years (much better then Zednik ever had) in the past. I would trade Zednik for Sykora if we can retain Sykora's services next year for 2M$.

Don't forget that the cap is now rumoured to be between 40 and 45M$ next year since the NHL is doing better then expected. We will have plenty of cap space to make a few moves. We need 1 very good D and a new 2nd line center. We also need to lose Bonk...waiver I don't care.

Perezhogin-?-Ryder

Bulis-Plekanec-Higgins

?-Bégin-?

We can sign a good 2nd line center as a FA or make a trade for one (personnaly, I would love to get Richards)and fill the 4th line with cheap gritty FA.

At D:

Markov-Rivet

?-Komisarek

Bouillon-Dandenault

I would love to get Redden as a FA. Those top 2 D pairs would be getting most of the ice time with Bouillon and Dandy being a very good 3rd pair for the 10-15 minutes they would have to play.

For goalies, well everyone knows i don't like Theo (proud to be is #1 hater, because I'm sure Bob doesn't like him either), so stuck with him until Price is ready in 2-3 years.

I like the way you think, RIchards and REdden that would be one successful offseason in my books. And heck if Ottawa resigns Redden I'd be just as happy with Chara thanks.

For a goalscorer, Zednik, doesn't score much and even if he put up 25goals, a real scorer would put in 45 with the amount of chances he gets

KTC you want to trade all the favourites. Theo, Zednik, Ribs, Dags, Bonk, Souray and Sundstrom.

And then you want to replace them with stars. It's not that easy. How would Gainey be able to build that team? And you can keep Chara off my team, thanks.

Perezhogin-?-Ryder

Bulis-Plekanec-Higgins

?-Bégin-?

At D:

Markov-Rivet

?-Komisarek

Bouillon-Dandenault

Your talking crazy talk and i dont think latendress will be with us next season even if he is that good he will still be young and we will have players with the team making it for sure unless something happens i dont know.

But if something were not to happen then plekanec can play the seconline center. this is how i think it will happen next season, and you forgot that we will have souray next season, this is my prediction is what the lines would be.

Sykora-Koivu-Kovalev

Perezhogin-Plekanec-ryder/zednik ( if one of them stay)

Bulis-Higgins-Sundtrum

Begin-Murray-Dags(if not traded or someone els.)

And you will be able to play with these lines alot.

i would take any trade any day right now. you have to take into account what a trade does to a team. it makes them realise "oh, i better get working or maybe im out of here" A new person could sometimes give a team new life.

e.g. Thornton to San Jose. they had lost 9 in a row or something? and then they won 6 in a row?

How about Luc Robitaille? Heard he was a healthy scratch.

Maybe if the price is right this could be something for the Habs?

Luckey Luc makes about a million. If the Kings want to dump some salary they can have Dagenais. If they want an even deal we could offer them Bulis who makes the same money.

If they want to upgrade we could trade them both Dagenais and Ribeiro.

Bonk makes to much.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

KTC you want to trade all the favourites. Theo, Zednik, Ribs, Dags, Bonk, Souray and Sundstrom.

And then you want to replace them with stars. It's not that easy. How would Gainey be able to build that team? And you can keep Chara off my team, thanks.

Go learn your hockey or how to read posts before commenting on them. My changes are for next year...HELLO!!! I'm fed up of you always beating on my posts with stupid comments because you misread them or forget to take into account certain things. As if some kid like you will teach me hockey....its not because you spend your life on this site and have a zillion posts that it makes you a hockey knowledgable person.

The only changes I'm offering to our current team is the addition of Redden who will be a FA, so no trade needed there...HELLO!!!! and

The only trade to do would be for Richards, and Tampa can't take on more then 3M$, so you offer Ribs, Zed, and a draft or something else. Even if you can't get him, I did mention that we need to get a 2nd line center who could be a FA (Richards is just a personal favourite but I'm quite realistic that trading for him is very complicated)...HELLO!!!

All the "favourites" are all the heartless morons and/or over priced players that we need to get rid of. Many will be FA or can be bought back, put on waivers or traded for a bag of puck....who cares!!!! Look at my line up, they are not on it and all the players are already on the team.

How to build that team? I'm just adding 2 quality guys, 1 being a FA next year (even both guys could be FA)...how complicated can it be. ###### do I have to explain everything to you...the players mentioned are my personal favourite choices, but the key here is to add a excellent D and a good 2nd line center (doesn't have to be the 2 I mentionned)!!!!

As for your Chara comment, I'm not the one that brought him up, but yes I would take him. The fact that you say no thanks not on my team proves that you know shit about hockey...we're talking about a Norris candidat here!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEY KID!!!!

Originally posted by koivu-11

Perezhogin-?-Ryder

Bulis-Plekanec-Higgins

?-Bégin-?

At D:

Markov-Rivet

?-Komisarek

Bouillon-Dandenault

Your talking crazy talk and i dont think latendress will be with us next season even if he is that good he will still be young and we will have players with the team making it for sure unless something happens i dont know.

But if something were not to happen then plekanec can play the seconline center. this is how i think it will happen next season, and you forgot that we will have souray next season, this is my prediction is what the lines would be.

Sykora-Koivu-Kovalev

Bulis-Higgins-Sundtrum

Latendresse almost made the team this year...why would he not be able to make next year?

Look at the crap we have as wingers on our top 2 lines, Latendresse can easily replace Zed or the rotation of left wingers we have been having on the 2nd line. Besides, don't you think that they are realizing more then ever that we don't have big gritty wingers who charge the net and go stand in front of it. Unless he chokes at next year's camp, count on Latendresse to make the team. There's nobody in the AHL who is good enough that will be making the team. Kostitsyn is not ready and I'm starting to wounder if he will ever be ready.

Souray is FA at the end of the year by the way...so good bye.

As for your lines...your the one doing the crazy talk. Sykora is not part of the team and I don't think that BG will go get him as a FA and would let him go at the end of this year if he were to get him this year in a trade. Dags is no 4th liner. Sundstrom is a FA so good bye. I like Plekanec, but is no 2nd line center. We need someone better then that if we want to be a top team. He's the perfect 2-way 3rd line center. Higgins was converted to a winger 2 years ago because he sucks a face-off and the Habs have no intention of playing him as a center (did not play center once this year...I think it says it all). As for Ryder/Zednik, I think its quite obvious that Ryder is a much better scorer and natural scorer then Zednik. Ryder plays with the idiot Ribs and scores a lot vs. Zednik who can't score with Koivu and Kovalev.

Sorry, but your predictions are full of errors and things that are impossible. Get your facts staright before saying that someone is crazy talking...you kind of lose credibility when you follow that we a lineup filled of mistakes.

I think mine is much more realistic. Yours is giving us a team with a 30M$ payroll when we will be able to spend over 40M$ next year. Why settled for less if you can have better players????

2 years or 5 who cares? So how do you expect to get Redden? Trade Dags for him? Or will Gainey jump on the UFA next offseaosn. Yes, that's always been Gainey's strategy.

And by "favourites" I meant favourites to be traded. Not that they're good hockey players.

And Chara's definitely become a good hockey player but is that all you look at? Ribeiro is full of skill yet no one wants him. There are other things to consider. Chara is still a wrestler on skates who holds and grabs behind the play. Who serves suspensions. Who cheapshots people. I suppose there's no point in arguing against you, though. You seem to definitely know your hockey. And I'm tired of you beating up my posts because you misread mine. I wasn't "beating up your post," I said it's not that easy to get Redden and Richards on your team even when they're in your Conference or even inyour own division, in Redden's case, without giving up any decent players in a trade. You're a touch paranoid, no?

KTC: your reply to Bullis was waaay out of line. Just because he disagrees with you or if he misunderstood a post, is no reason for a nasty personal attack. :nono:

You claim that your experience gives you more hockey knowledge. If you are older and wiser you should also know better behaviour

[Edited on 2005/12/17 by PMAC]

Lucky Luke got scratched because he seems to be having problems with his legs. Don't know the specifics but probably over the years of playing and he seems to have a hard time skating and keeping up with his teammates.

Should be taken into account that Frolov and Cammelarie (that's definetly not the way you spell his name) are fast mofos.

Originally posted by koivu-11

Perezhogin-?-Ryder

Bulis-Plekanec-Higgins

?-Bégin-?

At D:

Markov-Rivet

?-Komisarek

Bouillon-Dandenault

Sykora-Koivu-Kovalev

Bulis-Higgins-Sundtrum

I have to agree with most of what KTC says on your lines. I doubt Murray will be a rgeular on our team. We might see Bulis traded (or learn to do faceoffs - he used to be a center) or they might move Begin up to third line center while dropping Higgins to the fourth while he moves around. That leaves no room for Zednik. Ryder is definitely better (not to mention younger and cheaper, for the moment) than him.

2 years or 5 who cares? So how do you expect to get Redden? Trade Dags for him? Or will Gainey jump on the UFA next offseaosn. Yes, that's always been Gainey's strategy.

And by "favourites" I meant favourites to be traded. Not that they're good hockey players.

And Chara's definitely become a good hockey player but is that all you look at? Ribeiro is full of skill yet no one wants him. There are other things to consider. Chara is still a wrestler on skates who holds and grabs behind the play. Who serves suspensions. Who cheapshots people. I suppose there's no point in arguing against you, though. You seem to definitely know your hockey. And I'm tired of you beating up my posts because you misread mine. I wasn't "beating up your post," I said it's not that easy to get Redden and Richards on your team even when they're in your Conference or even inyour own division, in Redden's case, without giving up any decent players in a trade. You're a touch paranoid, no?

What's with 2 or 5 years? I don't get it?

I mentionned to get Redden next year as UFA. Did I mention to trade for him? NO. I think its quite obvious that Redden won't be traded..its Ottawa's big year to go for the cup, so why would they trade him? Redden is a UFA at the end of the year and so is Chara and they won't have enough cap space to sign both of them, and it is often mentionned that Ottawa prefers Chara over Redden, so that shoul make you realize about Chara's value.

As for Gainey, yes its always been is thing to go on the UFA market. Gainey hired a bunch of UFA in Dallas when they had a good team. When you have a good team that is 1 or 2 players short of winning the cup, you hire those UFA like he did in Dallas. The Habs are not that team yet and BG knows that, but trust me, he will hire a few UFA to fill the holes when he will feel that the Habs are cup ready.

As for the favourites, I know that you meant that they're not good hockey players, what I was commenting is that yes they're the ones I want to get rid of because of exactly that...they are our worst players. Why would I say that I want to get rid of Markov or Kovalev? You attack me by saying that I always want to trade these guys...welll yes, they stink so why wouldn't I want to trade them? I'm not proposing to trade them for starts, I just want to see them leave...a bag of pucks would be quite satisfying in return to see them leave. We have the youth and 1 or 2 UFA to replace them.

Ribeiro is a joke and everyone knows that. Its not because a guy can make a pass between is legs that he as talent. Talent for a center means to be good both ways (he's not), to be gritty (he's not), can check (he can't), win faceoffs (he can't), can score (he can't). The only things is good at is making a nice pass. Wow I'm impressed, he has so much talent....

I want a guy like Chara who will go to war. Suspensions and cheapshots is exactly what the Habs are missing. Everyteam needs a couple of guys like that. Every team and every body on this site would take Chara on their team except you.

You were beating up my posts. You need to learn how to write if you don't want to insult people. Not paranoid, just fed up of seeing you beat up my posts. Every single time you comment one of my posts its too beat up on it. So ya, I'm quite fed up. I don't know what you have against me, but you always go the opposite way of what I say.

[Edited on 2005/12/17 by Komisarek the Cruncher]

What's with 2 or 5 years? I don't get it?

I mentionned to get Redden next year as UFA. Did I mention to trade for him? NO. I think its quite obvious for someone that knows hockey that Redden won't be traded..its Ottawa's big year to go for the cup, so why would they trade him? Redden is a UFA at the end of the year and so is Chara and they won't have enough cap space to sign both of them, and it is often mentionned that Ottawa prefers Chara over Redden, so that shoul make you realize about Chara's value.

As for Gainey, yes its always been is thing to go on the UFA market...again you would know that if you knew hockey. And yes by the way, I'm very knowlegable in hockey and at least I always have my facts straight. Gainey hired a bunch of UFA in Dallas when they had a good team. Let me explain some hockey sens to you. When you have a good team that is 1 or 2 players short of winning the cup, you hire those UFA like he did in Dallas. The Habs are not that team yet and BG knows that, but trust me, he will hire a few UFA to fill the holes when he will feel that the Habs are cup ready.

As for the favourites, I know that you meant that they're not good hockey players, what I was commenting is that yes they're the ones I want to get rid of because of exactly that...they are our worst players. Why would I say that I want to get rid of Markov or Kovalev? You attack me by saying that I always want to trade these guys...welll yes, they stink so why wouldn't I want to trade them? I'm not proposing to trade them for starts, I just want to see them leave...a bag of pucks would be quite satisfying in return to see them leave. We have the youth and 1 or 2 UFA to replace them.

Ribeiro is a joke and everyone knows that. Its not because a guy can make a pass between is legs that he as talent. Talent for a center means to be good both ways (he's not), to be gritty (he's not), can check (he can't), win faceoffs (he can't), can score (he can't). The only things is good at is making a nice pass. Wow I'm impressed, he has so much talent....

I want a guy like Chara who will go to war. Suspensions and cheapshots is exactly what the Habs are missing. Everyteam needs a couple of guys like that...but then again, what do you know about hockey. Every team and every body on this site would take Chara on their team except you, but ya, you must be the one who's right.

You were beating up my posts. You need to learn how to write if you don't want to insult people. Not paranoid, just fed up of seeing you beat uo my posts. Every single time you comment one of my posts its too beat up on it. So ya, I'm quite fed up. Especillay that everu time your comments are non sens.

There's a difference between commenting and beating up on. I commented and you started to beat up on my words. I said I didn't think your team would be realistic to build in only 1 season. Wow, I can really see how that offended you.

And about Ribiero, I don't like him either (who does?) but many would agree that he definitely does have talent. But ya, you must be the one who's right.

So you want a guy who will cheapshot the others? You sound like you're from the Leafs. The Habs have always been one of the classiest teams around if not THE classiest. And you want guys who will cheapshot others. Do you want Avery too? How about Tucker?

And why keep saying beat up your posts. The only times we ever disagreed were about Crosby, your dream Habs team and on predictions before the season.

Originally posted by PMAC

KTC: your reply to Bullis was waaay out of line. Just because he disagrees with you or if he misunderstood a post, is no reason for a nasty personal attack. :nono:

You claim that your experience gives you more hockey knowledge. If you are older and wiser you should also know better behaviour

[Edited on 2005/12/17 by PMAC]

If it was the first time, I would agree, but he has been on my case since day 1 and I'm fed up. He always critizises what I write for God knows why.

I have been patient but every man as its limits. He writes comments in a way as if I don't know what I'm talking about, he needs to learn to critizize in a constructive way, not in a condensending way. My post was quite ligit and made sens, but wet he found a way to say that I was proposing to trade crap for stars when I never mentionned that. He as been misreading posts for a long time and he needs to learn to rea them properly before commenting on them.

I tried to passive way, and when it doesn't work, you take the other approach.

Sorry if I was agressive, but he needs to stop beating up on my posts...period.

I can't believe I posted something so contreversial. It would definitely make ME feel like I know nothing about hockey if someone had said it to me.