Dan McGillis on Waivers

sakiqc

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

If we got him we'd have to lose either Bonk or Rivet quick. I doubt we pick him up.

Why do you say this? The Habs current payroll, including 250,000 for Hainsey, stands at 34.5 million. Adding 2.2 million to that will still keep us over a million under the cap.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

If we got him we'd have to lose either Bonk or Rivet quick. I doubt we pick him up.

Why do you say this? The Habs current payroll, including 250,000 for Hainsey, stands at 34.5 million. Adding 2.2 million to that will still keep us over a million under the cap.

sorta would cuff us as to other moves during the season.

How much more time is on McGillis' contract, anyways?

I'd rather have rivet at 29 years old than mcgills at 33

I nothing bad to say about rivet's play thus far this season

I agree with you for bonk though

I don't see it as an upgrade anywhere on our D.

He's not better than Markov or Rivet or Sourray (now that he's imporving) or Komisarek or Bouillon or Dandenault. So where does he fit and why should we waste a couple of million on him, when we could use the help up front. Only way a move should be made on D is if it gets us a legit number 1 or 2 otherwise it's not worth it. We have enough number 4s. Thanks but no thanks

I'm not that big on McGillis. He is physical, but not particularly fast, and has been turnover-prone for large stretches in his career.

Remember when we beat the Bruins coupla years ago in the playoffs by skating circles around their big, not-so-mobile defencemen? Yup, McGillis was one of them, and in the new NHL it's going to be more of the same.

I do agree we need a good tough D to police the front of our net, just not sure Dan is our man.

we should pick him up it was not that long ago we lost hainsey because of injuries we had no one to put on the ice unless you think cote is a #1 or 2 d. 2.2 is a little expensive but we need someone and he looks to be the most experience guy out there

but like gohabsgo"BeverlyHills" said we need a at the LEAST an uncontested number 2 Dman But all for all Dan would not be that a bad move if were gonna pack him in a trade of sorts! I doubt Pittsburg will pass on Dan! they need some movement back there!

Mixed opinion about this regarding him if Montreal decides to pick him up.

He is slow, but he is a good defensemen.

On the other hand, I'm sure Pittsburgh will try to pick him up. If they don't they just missed a nice chance to improve their defensive.

Edit: Some of the content used in this post may or may not have been taken from Corvina's post ;)

[Edited on 2005/12/17 by Tony]

Originally posted by habs rule

yeah i am going to be very surprised if he clears and deal isn't made

mcGillis WILL be traded. lamorielo has no choice...he has to clear some salary before P_E comes back

look for him to be traded for some draft picks or AHL players

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

No way Pitt picks him up at 2.2, only way is if they make a deal, or if he gets sent down and then subject to re-entry waivers, at 1.1 i might consider it, but i still don't think he has much of a place on this roster, I'll leave it up to Bob.:ghg:

Impossible He doesnt get picked up! And no way would he be sent down.. he's gotta go with his 2.2

Pittsburg would be crazy not to pick him up now!

Even Bob is thinking about it I'm sure if ever Habs get a chance to grab or not...

New Jersey has got a track record of not making stupid decisions.. they might know something about mcgillis that we don't..

I would not at all be surprised if millbury grabs him and then trades away Niinimaa for more depth at forward.

New Jersey is not just clearing salary here... he has been benched for many games now and if your team has a losing record you don't have the luxury of benching a "good physical defenseman with a good shot". The only reason is that they consider him a liability or that he is poison in the room...two very good reasons for us not to pick him up.

Considering the salary space he would have to be a serious upgrade on streit and I doubt that he is.

Originally posted by ch for life

New Jersey has got a track record of not making stupid decisions.. they might know something about mcgillis that we don't..

I would not at all be surprised if millbury grabs him and then trades away Niinimaa for more depth at forward.

New Jersey is not just clearing salary here... he has been benched for many games now and if your team has a losing record you don't have the luxury of benching a "good physical defenseman with a good shot". The only reason is that they consider him a liability or that he is poison in the room...two very good reasons for us not to pick him up.

Considering the salary space he would have to be a serious upgrade on streit and I doubt that he is.

That's a really good point. :/)

this what tsn says about him doesn't sound too bad and we need defense bodies he's got to be better that streit

Has good skating ability, a great shot from the point and an all-around performer along the blueline. Is also a premier body-checking rearguard.

Flaws Isn't a natural power-play quarterback and is inconsistent on offense. Gets out of position on occasion in an attempt to make the big hit.

Career potential Top four defenseman.

Originally posted by Tony

Mixed opinion about this regarding him if Montreal decides to pick him up.

He is slow, but he is a good defensemen.

On the other hand, I'm sure Pittsburgh will try to pick him up. If they don't they just missed a nice chance to improve their defensive.

Edit: Some of the content used in this post may or may not have been taken from Corvina's post ;)

LOL hahaha... thats so funny!... :D:clap: