Dan McGillis on Waivers

sakiqc

Mmm Ch ick en for life makes a good point indeed ... There might be a hidden agenda or the cat's still in the bag!

Hmmmmm I Wonder if Gainey has some inside story from the big numer 19 himself ye know they were quite close... .............................

Ring ringg ... (Picks up)

LR : "Yeallow.."

BG : Hello Larry!?

LR : Shhhhhh Bobby?? You calling Regarding Dan? Hold on let me shut the door! (Seconds later)

BG : Big Bird You still there?

LR : Ok cost is clear... Gainer!!! How's it going! You wanna know about Dan? mmm Pass Buddy PASS he's got a wooden leg and Hemroids... I can't even bench him no more!

BG : Shit !!!... thanks for the tip Big Guy ... Think I should Tell Mario (tremblay)

L.R.: Nahhh let Jacques (lemaire) findout himself... But You know La Merveille (lemieux) just called me from the clinic ...He said he had a vision while he was riding the ambulance ... something related to Sticks and giant Pucks that look like Donuts and McGillis' face appearing in between!

B.G : Poor Mario!!... Ok Larry thansk again! See ya later this month... Same place?

L.R. : Nahhhh I got bored of them strippers.. they charge too much for their lap dances.. lets go to the joint next door!

BG : Ok deal Cya

L.R. : Chaoo

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Mmm Ch ick en for life makes a good point indeed ... There might be a hidden agenda or the cat's still in the bag!

Hmmmmm I Wonder if Gainey has some inside story from the big numer 19 himself ye know they were quite close... .............................

Ring ringg ... (Picks up)

LR : "Yeallow.."

BG : Hello Larry!?

LR : Shhhhhh Bobby?? You calling Regarding Dan? Hold on let me shut the door! (Seconds later)

BG : Big Bird You still there?

LR : Ok cost is clear... Gainer!!! How's it going! You wanna know about Dan? mmm Pass Buddy PASS he's got a wooden leg and Hemroids... I can't even bench him no more!

BG : Shit !!!... thanks for the tip Big Guy ... Think I should Tell Mario (tremblay)

L.R.: Nahhh let Jacques (lemaire) findout himself... But You know La Merveille (lemieux) just called me from the clinic ...He said he had a vision while he was riding the ambulance ... something related to Sticks and giant Pucks that look like Donuts and McGillis' face appearing in between!

B.G : Poor Mario!!... Ok Larry thansk again! See ya later this month... Same place?

L.R. : Nahhhh I got bored of them strippers.. they charge too much for their lap dances.. lets go to the joint next door!

BG : Ok deal Cya

L.R. : Chaoo

how did you get your microphone in gainey's office or is that an illegal tap on his phone line?

if you get more juicy ones like that, i'd suggest that you report them a little more vaguely... no names, for instance or, for us in habsworld, maybe code names like jerry for gainey and dino for robinson... or something like that... i'll leave it to your immense creativity to come up with something appropriate. :)

i doubt pitt would pick up mcgillis because of salary problems

I really can't see nj sending mcgillis down and then putting him on 50/50 waivers. It seems like an inefficient way to clear cap space.

If not claimed, I can't see McGillis being traded on his own - they need to clear salary. Don't forget that clearing McGillis's salary would not be sufficient to allow NJ to put Elias back on active duty. Perhaps McGillis is moved with another player for prospect(s) + draft pick(s)

[Edited on 12/18/2005 by simonus]

I said Bonk and Rivet because they have salaries close to his. I know he's not much of an upgrade on Rivet and that's why I said I doubt we pick him up. I can't see Gainey giving up on Bonk yet.

Wow, I was sure someone would have claimed McGillis. Probably if he gets called up. No one would miss a good chance to pick up a top four defensemen at a sweet cost of 1.1 million.

Edit: Forgot to add the obligatory *cough*Columbus*cough*

[Edited on 2005/12/18 by Tony]

Yeah, but the Devils dont want a 1.1 mil albatross on the cap. Heck Montreal must be pissed off enough at the 250,000 of Hainsey stuck on there.

They'll probably deal him to Pittsburgh for some minor leaguer earning close to 500,000 when in the bigs.

Originally posted by JMMR

Well he cleared waivers and will now report to the minors.

Wow his confidence must be high.

where did you find this? haven't been able to find anything about it. he should have cleared by now but to the minors?

Originally posted by habs rule
Originally posted by JMMR

Well he cleared waivers and will now report to the minors.

Wow his confidence must be high.

where did you find this? haven't been able to find anything about it. he should have cleared by now but to the minors?

Devils coach Larry Robinson benched Scott Gomez and Alexander Mogilny in the third period last night. Dan McGillis cleared waivers and will report to the minors. - New York Post

Scroll down about 11 bullets.

The cap only caps on players on the active Devil's roster, by sending Dan down, he isn't considered in the 39 million salary cap.

If he is recalled by the Devils, he must pass waivers again in order to play for the Devils, but if someone claims him then, New Jersey must pay half of his salary which is 1.1 million. That money New Jersey will pay will be included in the cap.

It would be interesting to see what Nj's actually payroll, not Cap, is. They are already paying Oliwa big bucks to play in the AHL and now McGillis. Hard to belive that this is penny-pinching Lamerillo. You have to think that the owners do not like the situation.

Oliwa did not report to Albany because he was quoted as saying something along the lines of Lou Lamerillo being cheap and in no way would he be recalled this year on the chance that he could be picked up while the Devils would have to foot 1/2 his bill.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Malakov Retired :|

So now Mc Gillis comes back, nobody claimed him.

Anybody know why Vladimir retired?

He retired? O'm not sure if that helps the Devils or not. He had a big salary so that should fix their cap problems.

In addition, veteran defenceman Vladimir Malakhov retired and his roster spot was taken by Dan McGillis, who had been waived but had not yet reported to Albany..

OK I found it boy talk about your retirement being buried.

He had a lot of injuries lately and this is probably what caused it. Looks like lou just found some cap room