16-2 Ottawa

Leafs Suck

I am happy the leafs are loosing but more concerned with the Habs.

Weather you loos 100-0 or 2-0 you receive the same amount of points in the standings.

The leafs have earned 2 points against the Sens this year in 4 games, the Habs have earned 1 point in 3 games so unless we beat the Sens Tuesday we are no better than the leafs.

One bad game and you're calling for Belfour to retire? Coming into this game, his save percentage was better than Theodore's. Does that mean if Theo gives up 8 goals (6 PP) in one game, he should retire?

Hey, I'm not Leafs fan, and when I accidentally drafted Belfour in my fantasy league (missed my pick, didn't queue my players), I worked hard to get him off my team. I'm just saying calling for his retirement after one bad game is premature.

He was probably just a bit hungover. :lol:

[Edited on 12-18-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Yep, that's the combined score the last two times Toronto and Ottawa have met.

Senators won tongiht 8-2.

Bryan McCabe played himself off the Olympic team, and Ed Belfour looks like he should maybe call it quits.

Hehehe that makes me feel a little better about an otherwise crappy day, plus the Bruins lost what a bonus!

How about you act like a man and defend your position, instead of acting like a child?

Is Belfour still an elite goalie? Heck no. But he's still putting up better SV% than a lot of guys today, including Theodore, Esche, Osgood, and Nabokov.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

How about you act like a man and defend your position, instead of acting like a child?

Is Belfour still an elite goalie? Heck no. But he's still putting up better SV% than a lot of guys today, including Theodore, Esche, Osgood, and Nabokov.

Fanpuck33 You really need to reread the post. So someone wants to have a little harmless fun here at the expense of a usless goalie. By calling someone out like that was really uncalled for. It is harmless fun, yet you want to jump down someones throat for that? Interesting.....

Belfour is done and if you think he is better than Theo then you really have a problem with Montreal's current goaltending. I would take Theo over Belfour even in Belfour's good years.

Don't bother with a witty remark as this is my last post here and I won't see it. I just banned myself before I can fall prey into a thread war. I did not know having an opinion or fun was against forum rules. Bye

GO HABS GO! ALWAYS...

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Fanpuck33 You really need to reread the post. So someone wants to have a little harmless fun here at the expense of a usless goalie. By calling someone out like that was really uncalled for. It is harmless fun, yet you want to jump down someones throat for that? Interesting.....

I think you should reread the thread. If you do, you will see Leafs Suck's personal attack against. That is why I "jumped down his throat." I could care less if he thinks Belfour should retire. My only problem was that he attacked me, instead of my opinion.

Belfour is done and if you think he is better than Theo then you really have a problem with Montreal's current goaltending. I would take Theo over Belfour even in Belfour's good years.

Did I ever say that I'd rather have Belfour than Theo right now? Not at all. I simply pointed out that Belfour has done nothing to prove he needs to retire. I simply pointed out he is still as good as a number of other NHL goalies.

Don't bother with a witty remark as this is my last post here and I won't see it. I just banned myself before I can fall prey into a thread war. I did not know having an opinion or fun was against forum rules. Bye

Ok, so let me get this straight. It's ok for Leafs Suck to post his opinion, but it's not ok for me to post mine? Leafs Suck posted his opinion about Belfour, I posted mine. After I posted mine, however, Leafs Suck attacked me, for no good reason.

If I, or other mods, were trying to suppress opinions, we would delete posts. Instead, when I disagree with people's opinion, I post my own opinion and defend my beliefs. Everyone is allowed to express their opinions, as long as it is done respectfully. This is why people like ~moeman were banned. Not because we disagreed with his opinions, but because he used foul language and racial slurs while expressing his thoughts.

We at HW have no issues with people having fun and posting their opinions. Heck, rule #1 of the HW Forums is to have fun! We simply have a problem when people show disrespect to others while expressing themselves. This is exactly why I jumped down Leafs Suck's throat, because he attacked me, rather than attacking my opinion.

Btw, I realize you said you won't read this, but I'm guessing that you will scan this thread every so often, just to see how people respond to you.

[Edited on 12-20-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz
Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Is Belfour still an elite goalie?  Heck no.  But he's still putting up better SV% than a lot of guys today, including Theodore, Esche, Osgood, and Nabokov.

GO HABS GO! ALWAYS...

mods operate in 2 capacities - moderator and poster. How can anyone argue that a mod doesnt have a right to post in threads, disagree with other user, just as any other poster might.

A mod ought not use his or her moderator capacity to apply their position, that ought to be reserved for adressing quality of board issues (see bigotry, trolling, excess profanity).

Believe it or not, mods can be smart, witty, and have opinions. There are damn few enough people in the world who have something to say, I'd like to listen to all of them.

I know there is the vast quiet majority that generally appreciates the work of all the mods. I hope the very loud minority do not think the ringing in their ears equals unanimity.

Originally posted by simonus

mods operate in 2 capacities - moderator and poster.  How can anyone argue that a mod doesnt have a right to post in threads, disagree with other user, just as any other poster might.

A mod ought not use his or her moderator capacity to apply their position, that ought to be reserved for adressing quality of board issues (see bigotry, trolling, excess profanity).

Believe it or not, mods can be smart, witty, and have opinions.  There are damn few enough people in the world who have something to say, I'd like to listen to all of them.

I know there is the vast quiet majority that generally appreciates the work of all the mods.  I hope the very loud minority do not think the ringing in their ears equals unanimity.

Hear, hear! :clap:

The mods on the 'World have shown that they have well thought out arguments and can take disagreements. They can also generally tell when some fun is being had (vs. rules being broken). Good work guys!

On another note, I find it confusing that Howie would insert himself into this thread and immediately 'self-ban' himself. It's very sad when we lose anybody, but especially a Hall of Famer! Howie, if you're 'out there', I hope you reconsider and come back, as I've always enjoyed your input.

Believe it or not, mods can be smart, witty, and have opinions. There are damn few enough people in the world who have something to say, I'd like to listen to all of them.

I know there is the vast quiet majority that generally appreciates the work of all the mods. I hope the very loud minority do not think the ringing in their ears equals unanimity.

Hmmm... highly praising the mods and defending their right to post. This all seems so self-serving now.

:D

I won't create a new thread on this even though it doesn't really fit in here. It's the most-anti leaf thread available at the moment. Anyways, I'd just like to post what a member of another board I post at wrote in the NHL thread I made. Just to note, he's a Florida fan.

"btw, i think the leafs have the referees on their payroll. i've never seen a team get that many calls go their way."

and

"if there was a scale to gauge exactly where teams rank on the "calls going their way" statistic, i GUARANTEE you the leafs would be all the way to the right and the panthers to the far left."

Yes guys, it's not just Habs fans that notice it. Hopefully this knowledge spreads around to other teams fans like wildfire.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Leafs win again last night on the back of a pair of 5 on 3 goals anyone surprised. If Mark Striet was on that Power play he would have 50 points just like McCabe it is easy to win if you consistently get multiple 2-man advantages every single night.

to be fair, the leafs spend exactly as much time shorthanded as they do on the powerplay.

Also... we aren't scoring on our 5 on 3's, so apparently not so easy.

But the penalties to the Leafs are the obvious ones that must be called. The ones against the other teams are ghost calls. And don't forget that the refs side with them for more than penalties. Remember our disallowed goal?

I haven't been watching many Leaf games but so far I haven't seen one without seeing atleast a 2-3 calls in their favour (more than the other teams gotten).

I wonder - should the referee's salary count against the Leafs's cap?