Game 4 Leafs at Price 7:30

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

MB said the are playoff built, 

clearly clueless 

I think he meant play-on built.

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Impossible, we are stacked to the rafters with LEADERSHIP

This is pathetic Oilers got swept, but those games were much more entertaining and you never doubted the full effort from McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse or even RNH. The best players showed up, but the team just wasn’t deep enough. Price is the only guy whose really shown up and we saint have a depth issue - if anything we have too much depth. Just not enough good players and zero elite players.

ive been saying since the offseason that this D is not good enough - and I actually thought they were better than they look right nowhere, because I thought we had at least one legit top 4. Even Petry looks useless. 

39 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Here's hoping the Habs can survive the second

Nope

I'm trying to think how MB will sell this.

"We made the playoffs for the second year in a row! We're on the rise."

"With Suzuki, Caufield, KK, and non-starter Romanov, the future is bright!"

"Game Three was close. We win that, it's a different series..."

And it might work. Fans will be so anxious to see live hockey again, the Bell Centre will sell out despite the absence of any rational basis for hope, so Molson may be pleased as punch

I’m not ready to blow the thing up - unless by hoping Seattle takes Weber in the expansion draft equals blowing things up. 

keep that young core. I don’t mind the new signings. Just let go of Danault, Tatar, Weber, Staal and turn this team over to the next wave. I’d keep Price given what is showing in the playoffs AGAIN when well rested. 

Ducharme has shown me nothing, and I’m ticked enough to let Bouchard replace MB NOW. 

Just now, revvvrob said:

I’m not ready to blow the thing up - unless by hoping Seattle takes Weber in the expansion draft equals blowing things up. 

keep that young core. I don’t mind the new signings. Just let go of Danault, Tatar, Weber, Staal and turn this team over to the next wave. I’d keep Price given what is showing in the playoffs AGAIN when well rested. 

Sure, but the young core is absolutely nothing special by league standards. That's sort of what I've been saying for some time now...

Both Bieksa and Hrudey feeling sorry for the Habs. Kill me now

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm trying to think how MB will sell this.

"We made the playoffs for the second year in a row! We're on the rise."

"With Suzuki, Caufield, KK, and non-starter Romanov, the future is bright!"

"Game Three was close. We win that, it's a different series..."

And it might work. Fans will be so anxious to see live hockey again, the Bell Centre will sell out despite the absence of any rational basis for hope, so Molson may be pleased as punch

No. He’ll say he put a team together to beat Tavares. But Tavares was injured. He didn’t expect to have the habs face a motivated Galchenyuk.

As frustrating as it was on the two blatant missed calls that eventually led to the third goal (Byron trip and Armia's stick getting kicked away from him), it's hard to be too upset when there's no real optimism to tie it up from 2-0 let alone 3-0.

3 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Ducharme has shown me nothing, and I’m ticked enough to let Bouchard replace MB NOW. 

I would trade Price and hope some team will give us good players back despite his salary.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I would trade Price and hope some team will give us good players back despite his salary.

There still isn't any chance of that happening, not in this cap environment.

3 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

I have been patient and optimistic—now I’m done. It’s time to move on from Bergevin and get someone new with a more modern approach. Only an epic Maple Laugh collapse will change my mind at this point