Game 4 Leafs at Price 7:30

Ducharme is toast

Bergevin is almost out the door

for some, that may be a reason to rejoice

not for me, I hate seeing the Habs loose so poorly 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Campbell will be in for a surprise next series when he plays a team with some skill.

That said, the Leafs are a truly strong team - much under-rated by people on this board, I believe. They have gone through all the growing pains and are now "there." Ready to pay the price. Hard on the puck. Fast, skilled, determined.

They're gonna be tough to beat.

Jets might upset them but no way they get past Bruins. 

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Campbell will be in for a surprise next series when he plays a team with some skill.

That said, the Leafs are a truly strong team - much under-rated by people on this board, I believe. They have gone through all the growing pains and are now "there." Ready to pay the price. Hard on the puck. Fast, skilled, determined.

They're gonna be tough to beat.

I think Winnipeg should expose their defense. I will be hate cheering against the Leafs the rest of the way. Habs garbage play made them look good.

2 minutes ago, Pino10 said:

Even the Laffs feel sorry for us. They take their foot off the gas pedal in the 3rd. 

Every single player on in the building knows which team owns the other. The matter was settled once and for all in the second period of this game.

I'll admit it...i'm a little ashamed by my team. 4 goals in 4 games!!  Do they think that'll allow them to win a series?

I think the Leafs are just too strong. Maybe its time to start a true rebuild. Time to say goodbye to our core?? (Price, Weber)

What really pisses me off is that the last time the Habs were in the playoffs(2017) we had the same problem...couldn't score goals!!  We are 4 ######ing years later and we have the same problem? Unacceptable!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ducharme is toast

I'm not happy about it. I had high expectations at the beginning of the year. That said, Bergevin had 2 cracks at building this team, and he has failed miserably. It's time for him to go. Hopefully a new guy will come in and talk Francis into the merits of having a captain like Weber. 

It's time for a fresh approach. I supported the retool. I was all in. That ended tonight.  I'm sure Molson is asking himself what tonight would have looked like with 22000 fans booing for 5 out of 6 periods. 

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

... Maybe its time to start a true rebuild. Time to say goodbye to our core?? (Price, Weber)

But Bergevin and Molson went out after Marc was hired and got matching "if you make the playoffs then ANYTHING can happen" tattoos  ... a rebuild would mean some very painful work to get them removed.

Just now, BCHabnut said:

... I'm sure Molson is asking himself what tonight would have looked like with 22000 fans booing for 5 out of 6 periods. 

The lack of fans may be a saving grace for Bergevin

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ducharme is toast

Agree about Ducharme. He hasn't done anything to warrant a 2nd shot next year. I'm still on the fence with Bergevin. With the acquisitions of Toffoli and Anderson i thought it would go a long way to score more goals. They scored during the regular season...but not much in the 4 playoff games.

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Price has been wonderful. 

Agreed. I'm thinking that if Price REALLY wants to win a cup, it'll have to be elsewhere, cause i don't see it happening in MTL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

What really pisses me off is that the last time the Habs were in the playoffs(2017) we had the same problem...couldn't score goals!!  We are 4 ######ing years later and we have the same problem? Unacceptable!

That's the whole story with Bergevin - it's managerial Whack-a-Mole.

Very, very, very discouraging

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

But Bergevin and Molson went out after Marc was hired and got matching "if you make the playoffs then ANYTHING can happen" tattoos  ... a rebuild would mean some very painful work to get them removed.

Well, what is a "rebuild" anyway? This team has a quality young C, a very exciting rookie scoring W, and two impact FWs entering their primes (Anderson and Toffoli). It also has a reasonably promising young D-man.

So we don't need to blow it ALL up. But the veteran core is garbage and needs to be replaced.

Just now, Toronthab said:

Price has been wonderful. 

Price is proving he is a player who can get you through the playoffs ... but not certain he is any longer a player that can get you TO the playoffs ... which is not a good dichotomy

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... Well, what is a "rebuild" anyway? This team has a quality young C, a very exciting rookie scoring W, and two impact FWs entering their primes (Anderson and Toffoli). It also has a reasonably promising young D-man.

So we don't need to blow it ALL up. But the veteran core is garbage and needs to be replaced.

In my mind getting rid of the veteran core and not pretending to be a playoff team for a couple of years is the modern rebuild ... no longer has to be a complete roster roll-over.

I feel bad for Durcharme but Bergevin has to go and DD won’t be far behind

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's the whole story with Bergevin - it's managerial Whack-a-Mole.

Very, very, very discouraging

Well, what is a "rebuild" anyway? This team has a quality young C, a very exciting rookie scoring W, and two impact FWs entering their primes (Anderson and Toffoli). It also has a reasonably promising young D-man.

I don't think we need to blow it ALL up, but we need major changes. I thinknwe can keep K.K., Suzuki, Anderson, Romanov, Caufield, Evans, Gallagher, Primeau and Price for a few more years. The rest can be traded.

24 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d rather get Romanov a game. That way in future years they won’t be be to say he that he doesn’t have any playoff experience.

Why not both?