Game 4 Leafs at Price 7:30

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Price should seriously call out his team mates, coaches and GM, 

let them have it, not his style but still, he needs to throw them under the bus

Not publicly ... but the locker room door should have been locked as soon as the players entered ... the coaches told to stay out ... and Carey blow his stack for a few minutes and then walk out to let the rest stew in it.

At this point I think that they should let  Tatar and Armia walk and only re-sign Danault if he agrees to an extremely team friendly contract. On d,  they need to add some skating and puck handling. I know that these are shocking revelations to you all. Who knew that an almost complete lack of offended from the D would be a problem? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PMAC said:

At this point I think that they should let  Tatar and Armia walk and only re-sign Danault if he agrees to an extremely team friendly contract. On d,  they need to add some skating and puck handling 

Not certain I want Danault back unless they move KK or Suzuki in a trade for a legit, young 1C (not that that is likely to happen, or even necessarily advocating any such deal)

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Not certain I want Danault back unless they move KK or Suzuki in a trade for a legit, young 1C (not that that is likely to happen, or even necessarily advocating any such deal)

Danault is a tough one for me, certainly has value but did nothing to improve his bargaining position this year. Depends totally on how much money he wants. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Danault is a tough one for me, certainly has value but did nothing to improve his bargaining position this year. Depends totally on how much money he wants. 

If the future is Suzuki and KK then Danault is safety net for whoever is coaching and takes TOI away from their development.

13 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I'm not happy about it. I had high expectations at the beginning of the year. That said, Bergevin had 2 cracks at building this team, and he has failed miserably. It's time for him to go. Hopefully a new guy will come in and talk Francis into the merits of having a captain like Weber. 

It's time for a fresh approach. I supported the retool. I was all in. That ended tonight.  I'm sure Molson is asking himself what tonight would have looked like with 22000 fans booing for 5 out of 6 periods. 

I said at the start of the year. This is the one our best chances at to get into the final 4, with the Covid divisional format and the upgrades on the wing - BUT we needed a significant upgrade on D. We needed the top line picking dman.  So I’m not happy, I’m pissed at a blown opportunity.

I wanted a full rebuild 4 years ago - back when Weber and Price had value. Now we have to HOPE someone at least takes Weber off our hands and our D has actually gotten worse because the core has aged.

dis I have faith in this managemt team - no. Been clear about that for years. Having said that this season was a unique opportunity.

MB NEEDED to find a stud dman. I keep hearing who was available. It’s his friggin job to target a tram and offer up something to get what he NEEDS, not go bargain hunting as usual for discards on other teams.  When he traded Subban, he needed to use his best chip for that elusive centre. When he traded Sergechev, he needed to get a top line centre. Instead he traded for a winger castoff that he HOPED he could turn into a centre. When he traded Galchenyuk, a centre he turned into a winger and than moved because of low hockey IQ (who just happened to play centre against us tonight 🙄), it was for another winger who he wanted to turn into a centre🙄. Of course he had to be moved because he had low hockey IQ🙄 at least he won that trade.

Deapite three good moves (Toffoli, Anderson, and Allen), it’s Groundhog Day again in Montreal. We don’t have a clear #1 centre. We don’t have a clear #1 dman. But it’s tough. Tough to get a quality dman or centre. Yet other teams are able to keep making the trades they NEED to make, not just pick up castoffs from the bargain bin.

end of angry rant.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's the whole story with Bergevin - it's managerial Whack-a-Mole.

Very, very, very discouraging

Well, what is a "rebuild" anyway? This team has a quality young C, a very exciting rookie scoring W, and two impact FWs entering their primes (Anderson and Toffoli). It also has a reasonably promising young D-man.

So we don't need to blow it ALL up. But the veteran core is garbage and needs to be replaced.

Agreed. But I don’t think we realistically make the playoffs next year and the moves you make this summer, should be with that expectation, rather than the usual crap modus operandi, if we just need to sneak into the playoffs and than anything can happen!

32 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Agree about Ducharme. He hasn't done anything to warrant a 2nd shot next year. I'm still on the fence with Bergevin. With the acquisitions of Toffoli and Anderson i thought it would go a long way to score more goals. They scored during the regular season...but not much in the 4 playoff games.

This is his mess. Everyone but him and Timmins have been fired. Need to can them both.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Price is proving he is a player who can get you through the playoffs ... but not certain he is any longer a player that can get you TO the playoffs ... which is not a good dichotomy

Which is why I’d look for a team that will be in the playoffs, but needs to get over the hump. I’d we took Koskinen and Neal, could we move Price (assuming he wants to win with McDavid), for some of their prospects and first pick? Are Bouchard, Broberg, or Lavoie still legit blue chip prospects?

28 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Why not both?

Do you think there are two games left?

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I don’t want Danault back. He was what just over 30% last game on faceoffs?

Can't wait for season end news conference 

Molson-- I have faith in Bergevin, he's been doing a great job as gm.

Bergevin-- we had a lot of key injuries to top players all year 

Bergevin--- our kids didn't preform to like of their capabilities 

Bergevin--- I believe I did a great job in putting together a playoff team 

Bergevin--- it's hard to find and/or trade for a top center and top D especially with the cap.

Bergevin--- DD will be habs full time coach going forward he's done a great job 

Did I miss anything 🤔

10 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Bergevin--- it's hard to find and/or trade for a top center and top D especially with the cap.

Did I miss anything 🤔

Ha ha, all too true...but I dunno. This year feels different. I’m not so sure MB will escape unscathed.

6 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Did I miss anything 🤔

Don’t forget, “I got good players. Character players. They just didn’t perform... I was in tears of how much pain my captain played through - truly a  mountain man. If he wasn’t hurt, we would have won..... And Price was so good, anything could have happened.  We just got some bad bounces....next year we have great superstar in Caufield, if he scored like we think he can and get in the playoffs, anything can happen!!! ”

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Why pull the goalie? The 0-15 on the pp says it's futile

I was okay with that but why does he keep pulling Price when the Habs don't have the puck?  He did it twice tonight and did it in the previous games.  A dump-and-pull strategy is a terrible idea.  Had Hyman not somehow missed, they'd have scored mere seconds after the pull before Montreal even touched it.

41 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t want Danault back. He was what just over 30% last game on faceoffs?

Depends on the price.  I would not judge him on 1 game but the contract has to make sense. If he is going to the highest bidder in free agency then I hope it's not Montreal. 

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

*Why not both Romanov and Gustafsson in the next game?

Sorry, thought you meant to play Romanov in two games - which I don’t see happening, unless there is an unexpected win one for the gipper moment that gets the team to play above what they are. 

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Depends on the price.  I would not judge him on 1 game but the contract has to make sense. If he is going to the highest bidder in free agency then I hope it's not Montreal. 

Question is what is the price and term?  Unless we no longer need to spend $13m on goaltending and almost $8m for Weber, I don’t want anything to do with Danault. Even than, I wouldn’t spend offer more than $3.5m/3yrs.  With both of them, I wouldn’t want to go over $3m. If you are hoping he is your 3rd line centre. You pay him like one. 

I’’m sure there will be an idiot GM that will overpay, There always is.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's the whole story with Bergevin - it's managerial Whack-a-Mole.

Very, very, very discouraging

Well, what is a "rebuild" anyway? This team has a quality young C, a very exciting rookie scoring W, and two impact FWs entering their primes (Anderson and Toffoli). It also has a reasonably promising young D-man.

So we don't need to blow it ALL up. But the veteran core is garbage and needs to be replaced.

Agreed, we have some good young pieces to build around. This is not a complete rebuild or a "total blow up".  MB was on the right track when he traded Pacioretty for Suzuki and picks etc, He was on the right track when he started to acquire extra draft picks.  He needed to go farther and accept that this team would not be good enough while Weber was in his prime and made some tougher decisions.  He only went 1/2 way probably worried about keeping the team somewhat competitive in the short term as there is always pressure to win in Montreal. 

16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Question is what is the price and term?  Unless we no longer need to spend $13m on goaltending and almost $8m for Weber, I don’t want anything to do with Danault. Even than, I wouldn’t spend offer more than $3.5m/3yrs.  With both of them, I wouldn’t want to go over $3m. If you are hoping he is your 3rd line centre. You pay him like one. 

I’’m sure there will be an idiot GM that will overpay, There always is.

If Danault goes to free agency then I expect he will be gone. No question, someone will overpay, it always happens. 

This was nice and easy to turn off in the second.  We all knew there was a snowflake's chance in hell that we were beating the Leafs, a legitimate top-5 team and Cup contender.  We're the same middle-of-the-road-at-best squad we've been since the Subban trade, when Bergy really put his mark on the team.  

I said it before - this'll be worth it if we clean house.  We need a real rebuild.