Game 5 - Leafs vs Habs 7:00PM ET

JoeLassister

Well... don't know if it's my fault or not, but it worked for game 1, the only game thread I posted this in... so...

sarah walker - chuck espion malgré lui

Feel free to add any lineups or actual relevant infos in here  :D

• Upvote 4

We are being beaten by a team without two of their better players. M&M are obviously the two best players but Tavares and Foligno are top 5 on their team. 

While hope finds a small place in the corner of my heart, my head says it’s best to put us out of our misery. 

Molson, please don’t accept the list of excuses that are coming. We need a fresh new direction and voice. 

7 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I don’t know what to think.. 5-1 Leafs? 3-0 Habs? OT and Caufield gets the winner?

Go Habs Go, I guess. 

Latter is my honest guess, Habs are simply due to do 'something' positive. 

Assume Caufield is best chance to score.

26 minutes ago, DON said:

... Habs are simply due to do 'something' positive ...

I've felt that way for 27 years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Well... don't know if it's my fault or not, but it worked for game 1, the only game thread I posted this in... so...

sarah walker - chuck espion malgré lui

Feel free to add any lineups or actual relevant infos in here  :D

It actually did work for game one.

Bring it on Leaffy Big Smogs of a team, we got this one

:habslogo: :habslogo: :habslogo: 

Go Habs Go !

:habslogo: :habslogo: :habslogo: 

• Like 1

Just now, huzer said:

Gustafsson in for Kulak. No other changes.

Well, this game will be a lot more eventful in both ends.  I know Romanov was getting into a lot of trouble defensively down the stretch and Ducharme is opting for what he thinks is the safer pick in Merrill but I'm a bit surprised he hasn't gotten a chance yet.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Well, this game will be a lot more eventful in both ends.  I know Romanov was getting into a lot of trouble defensively down the stretch and Ducharme is opting for what he thinks is the safer pick in Merrill but I'm a bit surprised he hasn't gotten a chance yet.

Especially after playing in 54gms in reg season. Doesnt he 'deserve' a shot.

It doesn’t matter much.., you could pick names from a hat with this roster and you are not going to come up a team better then the leafs..

my main issue is we should be playing the kids for experience. The fact ThaT they think swapping about some third line D is the answer shows how out of touch they are… 

2 minutes ago, brobin said:

It doesn’t matter much.., you could pick names from a hat with this roster and you are not going to come up a team better then the leafs..

my main issue is we should be playing the kids for experience. The fact ThaT they think swapping about some third line D is the answer shows how out of touch they are… 

You should put your best lineup out there..  and if you think its only about third pairing d that we have complained about with this coaching staff, you arent paying attention

Unless they come out more "hungry" than than last game,

This should be the final nail in the coffin for MB, drafting and coaching staff. 

I'll be looking forward to the new search by Monday morning. 

#Character

#damage in the playoffs 

The Habs need to come out of the first with a lead, and not with a "we played strong" moral victory period. Ideally they'd be up 4-0 going into the 2nd for the 3 goals they'll give up. Outscored 8-1 in the 2nd period of the series. Absurd.

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We are being beaten by a team without two of their better players. M&M are obviously the two best players but Tavares and Foligno are top 5 on their team. 

While hope finds a small place in the corner of my heart, my head says it’s best to put us out of our misery. 

Molson, please don’t accept the list of excuses that are coming. We need a fresh new direction and voice. 

Interesting point and pretty true, although I’d have to put Foligno outside of the top 5 on that team, top 10 perhaps but Nylander, Reilly, Hyman are all more significant if you ignore the tenders. I’d even say Muzzin is a more key cog to the stability and depth of the new, improved D.

Their forward depth makes Foligno a very nice luxury piece to play up and down their lineup when he’s in.  

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You should put your best lineup out there..  and if you think its only about third pairing d that we have complained about with this coaching staff, you arent paying attention

My point is that it doesn’t matter up and down the lineup.. I wouldn’t put out the “best lineup”. I would put out the kids and core we are going with To give them a chance and see what they can do. I think they are just as likely to win and even if they don’t, we got something more then playing aging veterans who are not going to be part of the go forward plan.

54 minutes ago, brobin said:

My point is that it doesn’t matter up and down the lineup.. I wouldn’t put out the “best lineup”. I would put out the kids and core we are going with To give them a chance and see what they can do. I think they are just as likely to win and even if they don’t, we got something more then playing aging veterans who are not going to be part of the go forward plan.

Its not one or the other though, Romanov and Caufield and KK are all players who should be part of the best lineup now, regardless.

Just now, Commandant said:

Its not one or the other though, Romanov and Caufield and KK are all players who should be part of the best lineup now, regardless.

well yes, I agree with that… 

Gustaffson! This should prove “interesting.”

What a shame the habs declined to give Romanov ANY playoff action. That is developmentally stupid, to say nothing of the fact that his subtraction arguably makes the D worse overall anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Playing merrill and gustafsson over kulak and romanov is ####ing stupid.

We disagreed on this point previously, but now I agree—even if they win this is &@?!@&$!!!!! decision.

I have gone from hoping that Durcharme be retained and Bergevin re-signed to hoping that they are both fired the day after the season ends. I wish neither man ill on a personal level but enough is enough. I’m not sure even a miracle come back in this series would change my mind at this point. 

I don't expect it, but this is a winnable game ... the Habs have to be "hungry" the whole game ... and ... the Leafs have feel a bit too comfortable