Hab fan rituals

mathieug

OK, found a simular thread on the canadiens.com forum & found it interesting.

Wondering if anybody on here has any rituals they do before habs games?

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

If they're on the road, I wear the white. At home, it's the red. I also never wear any apparel nor do I have anything on display at home over the summer...

...unless...well, everyone in here should hope for me to wear my jersey's during the summer.

So, here's a big prayer I am a summer habs ;o)

(I'll probably have to wait until '07 or '08)

When Habs play it's morning here so I used to make tea, and it happened several times that I was making tea when the Habs scored. So there was an empirical link between the kettle in my apartment in Tokyo and the opposing team's goal light at the Bell Centre. Posters would say "make tea quick JLP!" if we needed a goal. hehehe, what funny fools we were.

But a month ago there appeared(*cough*Bulis:mad:*cough*) an anti-JLP-tea campaign. I was actually threatened. Bulis The Habbie said he would come to Japan and beat me up if I made tea. I think he was joking, but still ;). It's chilly here now so lately I have drunk more chocolat chaud anyway. But interesting to note less tea has been matched by a decline in the Habs' fortunes...

:idea:

Iknow! I'll make the dumbest poll ever!

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

When Habs play it's morning here so I used to make tea, and it happened several times that I was making tea when the Habs scored. So there was an empirical link between the kettle in my apartment in Tokyo and the opposing team's goal light at the Bell Centre. Posters would say "make tea quick JLP!" if we needed a goal. hehehe, what funny fools we were.

But a month ago there appeared(*cough*Bulis:mad:*cough*) an anti-JLP-tea campaign. I was actually threatened. Bulis The Habbie said he would come to Japan and beat me up if I made tea. I think he was joking, but still ;). It's chilly here now so lately I have drunk more chocolat chaud anyway. But interesting to note less tea has been matched by a decline in the Habs' fortunes...

:idea:

Iknow! I'll make the dumbest poll ever!

Hehehe lol... I was waiting for someone to mentoion the tea. Well since you stopped drinking tea half-way through the slump we now know that it doesn't change anything. You can throw the hot chocolate out now.

The last one I had was years ago, back when HNIC actually showed Habs games. About 10 minutes before game time, I'd make a bowl of popcorn, hot air popped, not microwave, with melted butter. Then I'd get a stein of Coke in my CH stein, and throw on my Habs Patrick Roy jersey. I'd sit down, put the refreshments on the table, then kinda stare off – I mean, concentrate – until the first puck drop. I'd also only eat during the game and only drink during commercials.

Beginning of this season, I'd only make popcorn after the first period. Now that's not working either.

I eat supper, belch four times, smack each child 3 times on the ass and throw them in bed, tell the wife to 'zip it', pass gas, fix a drink, scratch myself, undo my pants and recline in front of the tube.

Oh, and when the Habs play, it's no different.

:king:

Originally posted by Mont Royale

I eat supper, belch four times, smack each child 3 times on the ass and throw them in bed, tell the wife to 'zip it', pass gas, fix a drink, scratch myself, undo my pants and recline in front of the tube.

livin' the good life! but surely there is a bowlful of snack food involved?

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by Mont Royale

livin' the good life! but surely there is a bowlful of snack food involved?

Usually not, actually. I eat a fairly late supper, and besides, I want to leave room for many a beverage in case it's not a good result. Or a good one.

Not quite a ritual but it's funny.

As some of you may know, due to time difference, when Habs start their games it's about 2a.m. here. Middle of the night :) So i can't listen to the games when I have to get up early (practically - during weekdays). BUT, it's quite common, that when Canadiens finish their games (about 4-4.30a.m.) I wake up. I don't use any ringing clock, no cellphone alarm - nothing. I just open my eyes at this time, realize it's 4a.m., ask myself "Am I so dumb to get up and check the score?" and sleep on :)

During 2003-04 season I used to eat hot-dogs and drink sour milk while listening to the games, but this year I'm fed up with hot-dogs :)

Do you remember PROSET hockey cards...they were the really big fad for about 2 days in the early nineties somehow...now they are worthless.

So as the owner of several hundred of them we started burning effigy cards of opposing teams or players(not as many of those left) before the game.

it doesnt seem to work that well but firing up one of those bruin cards always puts me in the mood for some good habs hockey.

after tonight, i'm drinking two guiness a game, but only when we really need it.

what a way for kovy to come back!