Mike Knuble R 6' 3" 228 7/4/1972 Toronto, ON Philadelphia

Mike Modano L 6' 3" 205 6/7/1970 Livonia, MI Dallas

Mark Parrish R 6' 0" 200 2/2/1977 Minneapolis, MN NY Islanders

Brian Rolston L 6' 2" 205 2/21/1973 Flint, MI Minnesota

Keith Tkachuk L 6' 2" 225 3/28/1972 Melrose, MA St. Louis

Doug Weight L 5' 11" 200 1/21/1971 Warren, MI St. Louis

Not so many surprises, I think! ;)

Keith Tkachuk is out 4-6 weeks.

If there are any "surprises" then they are JR getting left off (not much of a surprise) and Ryan Miller being cut. Miller would have made the team had he not been sidelined with an injury and only played 10 games.

Doesn't look like such a strong team. Things'll be different in 8 years.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Keith Tkachuk is out 4-6 weeks.

If there are any "surprises" then they are JR getting left off (not much of a surprise) and Ryan Miller being cut. Miller would have made the team had he not been sidelined with an injury and only played 10 games.

Doesn't look like such a strong team. Things'll be different in 8 years.

I agree, Miller is positionally solid and IMO better than at least 2 of the other 3 goalies; he just stoned Philly tonight (I think it was only his first or second game back), and DiPietro.....just check the boxscore....Leafs just kept hitting the 5-hole against him. I'm Ok with Esche, but Graham....he was only a backup last year in TB and has played like one so far this year.

Originally posted by simonus

i always thought schneider was from st. agathe, but I know he has been playing for USA teams for a while...

I think his mom is french cause I heard him say that he insisted that his name was pronounced mathieu

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

i always thought schneider was from st. agathe, but I know he has been playing for USA teams for a while...

I think his mom is french cause I heard him say that he insisted that his name was pronounced mathieu

his name is mathieu...

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

his name is mathieu...

I know that. my point was that he insisted that the french way not the english way

Leetch over Hatcher anyday, IMO. Chelios was made captain. If you're going to try and bring in some younger guys atleast keep the vets who helped Team USA for their whole careers. Hatcher sucks. Atleast Leetch can play on the PP.

They already had enough offensive D-men with Liles, Schneider, and Rafalski. Hatcher is far more valuable than Leetch as a defensive first kind of guy.

On teams with so much talent up front, you know that a forward is going to be playing the point on the PP, so really only a couple D-man need to be QB type guys.

Btw, Grahame's numbers are equal to Theodore's, who everyone seems upset about not being a likely member of team Canada. If you think Theo should make the Canadian team, which is so deep at goal, then surely Grahame deserves to be on the US team, which has no true, stud goalie.

Also, Schneider was born in New York, he is a native of the US. An interesting fact, he may be the only Jewish player in the NHL.

[Edited on 12-20-05 by Fanpuck33]

is he really??

it's true we don't see that everyday in the nhl, or at least they don't talk about it much.

maybe some of the russians or poles in the league are.

anyway, it doesn't matter, as long as the player's good

[Edited on 2005/12/20 by marky_and_komi]

Scary goaltending and defense. I think the Habs could beat this team..

It's truly ironic that Miller gets snubbed, despite being the best goalie of the group, yet has an outstanding game on Monday and DiPietro is given the #1 job and he couldn't stop a basketball on Monday.

No medal this time for the US.

[Edited on 2005/12/20 by Leafs Suck]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

No medal this time for the US.

While I don't think this team is as bad as you do, I agree that it will unlikely medal. Personally, I like the D. A good mix of offensive PP guys and defensive guys. The thing that worries me is overall team speed. I don't think this squad will be able to keep up with other teams.

As for Miller getting snubbed, can you blame them? He's only played 29 games against the level of talent he'd be facing in the Olympics.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

They already had enough offensive D-men with Liles, Schneider, and Rafalski. Hatcher is far more valuable than Leetch as a defensive first kind of guy.

On teams with so much talent up front, you know that a forward is going to be playing the point on the PP, so really only a couple D-man need to be QB type guys.

Btw, Grahame's numbers are equal to Theodore's, who everyone seems upset about not being a likely member of team Canada. If you think Theo should make the Canadian team, which is so deep at goal, then surely Grahame deserves to be on the US team, which has no true, stud goalie.

Also, Schneider was born in New York, he is a native of the US. An interesting fact, he may be the only Jewish player in the NHL.

Jeff Halpern is Jewish. I'm sure 100%. He didn't play on Yom Kippur.

I also heard something about Igor Ulanov but I really doubt that's true...

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Jeff Halpern is Jewish. I'm sure 100%. He didn't play on Yom Kippur.

I also heard something about Igor Ulanov but I really doubt that's true...

Interesting. I was just watching a show on TV, not sure what it was, and they mentioned how few Jewish people are in pro sports. I think the show was about how Jewish people, until recently, felt pressured to hide their faith, especially in Hollywood. It's sad that such things have happened, and unfortunately still happens today probably.

The only other athlete whom I know is Jewish is Eric Karros, formerly of the LA Dodgers. I know some other baseball players in the past have been Jewish, as I recall hearing about a pitcher who couldn't pitch a playoff game because it was the Sabbath.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Halpern the captain of the CAPS is also Jewish, there was some stories because he didn't play in a game because of a Jewish Holiday (Yom Kippur) just thought I'd throw that in