Game 7 Habs vs Leafs 7:00 PM ET

JoeLassister

Just watching Campbell post game.... crushed. That Gally shot should never have gone in , happy as w were to see it. .. :wacko:

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

I've posted every meme and talked all the trash I can talk on Facebook now.  That felt SO GOOD....hope we meet them again in the playoffs soon!

hahaha. A much easier summer 

It is an ontological wrong,  a perversion, to lose to Toronto. Toronto's problem is that they are not Montreal. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Holy smokes, there is a  lot of venom on the Toronto chat boards. The Leafs went all in, giving up a 1st round pick for Foligno, that's 2 years in a row with no first round pick. That will cost them in 2-3 years when they have no good young players on entry level contracts while they pay their top 3 a fortune.

Foligno was a dud, and Simmonds turned out to be all bark and no bite this series. Remember when he was calling out the entire Habs squad to come fight him?  What began as a triumphant homecoming is now a chapter to forget.

I do think the Leafs will be fine, their top two are still so young and Sandin has potential. Tavares would have been the third best skater in the series, and his absence can't be understated. But just another year of being dragged through the muck, of abject collapse. Leafs nation may tear itself apart at the seams. And we'll be there to lap it all up, baby!

37 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

One player who had a big game that had been trashed a lot here was Eric Staal, 2 assists and a big poke check to set up the first goal. 

He sure did and I didn't appreciate his contributions at all while I was watching. Bad fanmanship!

We actually played like a hockey team this game. And then there's Carey...... :clap: I did not think he would play such flawless goaltending. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neech said:

I do think the Leafs will be fine, their top two are still so young and Sandin has potential. Tavares would have been the third best skater in the series, and his absence can't be understated. But just another year of being dragged through the muck, of abject collapse. Leafs nation may tear itself apart at the seams. And we'll be there to lap it all up, baby!

Agree Look how many tries it took Ovie and the caps. Leafs will probably win a cup or come close in the next 5 years.  Habs probably don't win if Tavares plays.

5 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Agree Look how many tries it took Ovie and the caps. Leafs will probably win a cup or come close in the next 5 years.  Habs probably don't win if Tavares plays.

So he better stop trying to kiss the knee of oposing players in the future.

11 hours ago, habscout said:

Wow, what a game!  Bring on the Jets!!

I'd just like to pat myself on the back, by reminding y'all that I picked the Habs in 7 games.

https://www.habsworld.net/2021/05/habsworld-predicts-2021-playoffs-round-1-part-2/

Ballsy call sir.

I gave Habs 0% chance of winning series.

I think Habs match up bit better vs Jets.

Was hard to believe no comeback came this time.

20:08 & 17:37 for Danault & Evans, the two skaters who stood out for me.

Not much needs added about the Habs goalie.

Next day and this is still sweet….

I agree that the leafs will be fine…unless they over react and screw up their team… once Marner gets that first playoff goal they will come easy… they need to ride the youth they have.

as for the Habs, we are stILL a bubble team and I won’t be surprised if they go out quick against the Jets.. we have done this before, upsetting the big team and then crashing back To reality after… sadly this might have saved some jobs That didn’t deserve to be saved and keep us a perpetual bubble team, bUt we will see..

If price stays at this level we have a chance against the Jets and I hope they make it entertaining, win or lose.

Gustafsson was up over 10 minutes in Game 7. It seems that he is slowly gaining Ducharme's confidence.

Even if Staal was playing better in Game 7, I would still rather have Lehkonen in the lineup.

And Romanov? What is going on there, why is Ducharme refusing to play him? Only inexperience, or is there something more?

Of the top 20 cap hits in the NHL, only 4 are left playing, Price, Kucherov, Stone, and Vasilevsky. 

Edit: Ha, saw this in a few other places this morning. I was checking to see what MacKinnon's cap hit was for the Avs when I checked the list of all players. Man, the Avs have a bargain for the next couple of years at 6.3M. Also noticed they have no starting goalies signed for next year, so Grubauer will get paid this year.

1 hour ago, brobin said:

Next day and this is still sweet….

I agree that the leafs will be fine…unless they over react and screw up their team… once Marner gets that first playoff goal they will come easy… they need to ride the youth they have.

as for the Habs, we are stILL a bubble team and I won’t be surprised if they go out quick against the Jets.. we have done this before, upsetting the big team and then crashing back To reality after… sadly this might have saved some jobs That didn’t deserve to be saved and keep us a perpetual bubble team, bUt we will see..

If price stays at this level we have a chance against the Jets and I hope they make it entertaining, win or lose.

It’s a very interesting question what the Leafs should do. They remind me of the Yzerman Wings in the years before they finally broke through. (Note that the Wings refused to panic and kept the core intact). People are attacking Matthews and I think that is ridiculous. He didn’t score, but I saw a guy who did everything possible to help his team win. More problematic is Marner. I would *consider* moving him, although for what return is a tricky matter.

Cherchez le gardien. If Price keeps this up, all bets are off.

21 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It’s a very interesting question what the Leafs should do. They remind me of the Yzerman Wings in the years before they finally broke through. (Note that the Wings refused to panic and kept the core intact). People are attacking Matthews and I think that is ridiculous. He didn’t score, but I saw a guy who did everything possible to help his team win. More problematic is Marner. I would *consider* moving him, although for what return is a tricky matter.

Cherchez le gardien. If Price keeps this up, all bets are off.

No way they move Marner. He's the straw that stirs the drink. The dude is impossible to predict and magic with the puck. I'm terrified everytime he touches the puck. And that's all the time.

3 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

No way they move Marner. He's the straw that stirs the drink. The dude is impossible to predict and magic with the puck. I'm terrified everytime he touches the puck. And that's all the time.

He consistently disappears in the playoffs...you have to move him if your goal is to build a team that makes it out of the first round.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

He consistently disappears in the playoffs...you have to move him if your goal is to build a team that makes it out of the first round.

He is like a super-upgraded version of Tatar. 

These players are a good test of the theory about whether “clutch” is a myth. They have these wildly aberrant post-season results, but in the wrong direction.

Back when Nylander was holding out, I was surprised the Leafs didn’t trade him in order to help correct the top-heavy nature of their lineup and get better balance. Maybe the same logic holds with Marner: trade him for a quality defenceman and maybe a high pick, something like that. 

Or, maybe you just say, “these playoff results are aberrant and eventually he will revert to the mean in the post-season.” In which case you stay the course.

I personally did not find myself fearing Marner in this series.