Round 2, Game 1 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Well, I think it's safe to say that hardly anyone expected a four-goal period to start the series.  It's certainly going to be way more physical than the Toronto one though.

Tony Marinaro called the over... LOL

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I dont get that either.  Any contact with a goalie when they are in the crease is automatic no goal interference vs the penalty.  However, I guess kk does skate into the crease right up behind him and then somewhat did a slew foot type maneuver.   

My rose colored glasses felt it was a weak penalty. But if that's how they're calling em, better be careful.

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

My rose colored glasses felt it was a weak penalty. But if that's how they're calling em, better be careful.

As long as they call it the same way if Price gets contact, I'm ok with it.

Ironically, Jets did not have a single shot on goal 5-on-5 with Gustafsson, Chiarot or Kulak on the ice. All four shots were with Petry, Weber or Edmundson on the ice.

Small sample size, I know.

14 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

So it can't be incidental contact because he was in the crease? It is an automatic penalty if the goal is waived?  I'm not arguing. I'm asking.

It depends on what kind of mood the ref is in, or what the guys in the control room had for lunch

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Ironically, Jets did not have a single shot on goal 5-on-5 with Gustafsson, Chiarot or Kulak on the ice. All four shots were with Petry, Weber or Edmundson on the ice.

Small sample size, I know.

Well we do put those guys out against the other teams best lines..

I need the NBC announcer (Alex Faust??) to pronounce Canadiens properly. 

How the heck do you become an NHL play by play guy and CONTINUE to offend a fan base by consistently screwing that up! 

to compare - we were pronouncing Romanov improperly - Romanov corrects us, so everyone makes the effort to pronounce his name properly 

Why not the same respect for Canadiens!?!?

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I liked Gustafson’s game 7 and thought he looked good beside Weber.

therr is that 

That's the thing about him.  Gustofsson is guaranteed to cause scoring chances for the other team.  However, he will create more scoring chances for the Habs.  So far in the playoffs, he has created a lot more for than against.  He does have 2 assists - and 1 won the series.  Its unfortunate that he has caused 1 scoring chance against and they scored on it.  Price is supposed to save 3 Gustofsson breakways for every 1 he lets in.  If they keep playing him, Price will save the next 3.  😇

Terrible penalty call - KK’s hands weren’t elevated

no one wants a series where that is the standard for what a penalty is!