Joe Sakic (Colorado)

Ryan Smyth (Edmonton)

Martin St-Louis (Tampa Bay)

Joe Thornton (Boston)

Reserves

Bryan McCabe (Toronto)

Jason Spezza (Ottawa)

Eric Staal (Caroline)

Personally, I would not have chosen Bert, St-Louis and McCabe and would have loved to see Sid get a shot....but that's just crazy old me.

Originally posted by Rooster

Here is who made it:

Goalies

Martin Brodeur (New Jersey)

Roberto Luongo (Floride)

Marty Turco (Dallas)

D

Rob Blake (Colorado)

Adam Foote (Columbus)

Ed Jovanovski (Vancouver)

Scott Niedermayer (Anaheim)

Chris Pronger (Edmonton)

Wade Redden (Ottawa)

Robin Regehr (Ottawa)

Forwards

Todd Bertuzzi (Vancouver)

Shane Doan (Phoenix)

Kris Draper (Detroit)

Simon Gagné (Philadelphie)

Dany Heatley (Ottawa)

Jarome Iginla (Calgary)

Vincent Lecavalier (Tampa Bay)

Rick Nash (Columbus)

Brad Richards (Tampa Bay)

Joe Sakic (Colorado)

Ryan Smyth (Edmonton)

Martin St-Louis (Tampa Bay)

Joe Thornton (Boston)

Reserves

Bryan McCabe (Toronto)

Jason Spezza (Ottawa)

Eric Staal (Caroline)

Personally, I would not have chosen Bert, St-Louis and McCabe and would have loved to see Sid get a shot....but that's just crazy old me.

Sheesh where do i start Rick Nash??? Todd Bertuzzi??? Ryan Smyth???Kris Draper???Shane Doan??? instead of

Kariya, Shanahan, Crosby, Staal , Spezza

Adam Slow Foote instead of Dion Phaneuf???

I agree with the goalies though

Phaneuf should have at least been on the taxi squad, he's just as good as McCabe on the PP and way better at even strength and he's super young and is the future of the defence for Canada. He is the MAN, I actually think he's having a better year and would trust him more than Foote or Blake and others too, but i won't go overboard, but he should be on the TAXI squad.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

well there will be lots of discussion but nothing a GOLD MEDAL won't silence!

:can:

Exactly. Until this group of guys loses at the Olympics (knock on wood) we really have no right to complain.

And don't bash Footer or Blake, they DESERVE to be on this team.

Staal and Spezza should be on but there's no one to take out. Don't forget that Hockey Canada might not let Bertuzzi, Doan and/or Heatley pla in the Olympics. And Phaneuf is probably better at the moment than Jovanovski or Blake but Team Canada is more of a lifetime achievement award. And also they're worried about experience. I have to agree that I don't think Crosby or Phaneuf should play.

Marleau? Well, Crosby, Staal, Spezza and possibly more were all seemingly ahead of him on the waiting list. He didn't have much of a chance.

Personally, I'm happy with the selections. Sure Spezza and Staal should have maybe been on the team, but whatever. Chances are good that someone's going to get hurt, and they'll get a chance to pop up into the mix.

I'm happy because all of my fav NHL players are on the team...

Heatley - Richards - Smyth

Brodeur!

I'm glad to see Bertuzzi on the team. I'm content with Draper's role. And Rick Nash will score. Thus, there's really no one to take out in favor of the young guns.

And no one worry about McCabe... He wont play a game. Even if one of our 7 defensemen get injured... the 7th will jump into the line-up and McCabe will still not have a spot to play. However I do agree that Phaneuf should have been named over McCabe. Ditto for Dan Boyle.

I like the picture. They do look like they are a little more than team-mates but they look happy and proud that’s all I am concerned with. :/)

Notice Montreal only Canadian team not to have a player named while Calgary Vancouver and Edmonton all had 2 each.

Good to see Bert and Jovo make it. BTW , they were only joking around.....they're not gay.:/)

Adam Foote should not be on this team- He has had a terrible year. Rob Blake should not be on this team. Todd Bertuzzi should not be on this team. Just for his play. Kris Draper did not shut down the Czechs last year. Shane Doan is having an average year. Ryan Smyth is also having an average year. We didnt need the shut down people in the last Olympics why do we need them now? Phaneuf and Mccabe should have been ahead of Foote and Blake. Crosby Spezza and Staal should have been ahead of Doan Bertuzzi and Smyth, and what about Paul kariya

Edited by Strummerman

Sheesh where do i start Rick Nash??? Todd Bertuzzi??? Ryan Smyth???Kris Draper???Shane Doan??? instead of

Kariya, Shanahan, Crosby, Staal , Spezza

Adam Slow Foote instead of Dion Phaneuf???

I agree with the goalies though

How can you argue with Rick Nash? The man was the co-winner of the Rocket Richard Trophy last season, and he was only 20 years old. Sure, he's been hurt, but the man is an elite power forward. It would have been a travesty if he hadn't been named.

Bertuzzi, I can see the argument against him. Given his reputation, is he the kind of guy you'd want representing the country? I know I wouldn't mind him on Team USA, but that's because we need to fire power he offers.

Smyth is another guy who is hard to argue with. He has shown a knack for turning up his game when he's representing his country.

Draper, well, he's a good character guy, I won't diss him.

Doan, with his recent comments, makes his selection tough to swallow. He's talented enough to be there, but does he deserve to represent his country?

And as for Adam Foote, he's been a lot better than his stats might indicate. Face it, he's on the worst offensive team in hockey. It's tough to have a good +/- when your team isn't scoring. I'm from Ohio, so I've seen almost every Blue Jackets game, so I can tell you he's still a great player.

I like the picture. They do look like they are a little more than team-mates but they look happy and proud that’s all I am concerned with. :/)

Notice Montreal only Canadian team not to have a player named while Calgary Vancouver and Edmonton all had 2 each.

Yep, and Quinn was able to sneak McCabe onto the team.

But hey, Theodore played himself off the team. That's his problem.

Good to see Bert make it.

Yep, should be fun watching Bertuzzi break someones neck and end there career on Olympic ice. I'm really looking forward to that.

And no one worry about McCabe... He wont play a game.

Guess again. Like with Cujo in 2002, Quinn will find a way to weasal Minus McCabe onto the starting lineup.

Adam Foote should not be on this team- He has had a terrible year. Rob Blake should not be on this team. Todd Bertuzzi should not be on this team. Just for his play. Kris Draper did not shut down the Czechs last year. Shane Doan is having an average year. Ryan Smyth is also having an average year. We didnt need the shut down people in the last Olympics why do we need them now? Phaneuf and Mccabe should have been ahead of Foote and Blake. Crosby Spezza and Staal should have been ahead of Doan Bertuzzi and Smyth, and what about Paul kariya

Have you happened to see what team Foote is on. I don't mean to knock the Blue Jackets but they aren't a great team so you have to give Foote some slack. Brule and Nash have missed just about the entire season and there is little on that team. He is still in the middle of the pack on the team in terms of +/- and can shut people down with the best of them. Plus he adds a huge amount of experience.

And atleast have an argument for Blake if you're going to say he shouldn't be on the team. He has been solid all year (with the exception of the first 2 weeks of the season). And don't bother bringing up his +/- since that is meaningless when your goalies couldn't stop a beach ball. Except Kolesnik...<3 Kolesnik.

How can you argue with Rick Nash? The man was the co-winner of the Rocket Richard Trophy last season, and he was only 20 years old. Sure, he's been hurt, but the man is an elite power forward. It would have been a travesty if he hadn't been named.

Bertuzzi, I can see the argument against him. Given his reputation, is he the kind of guy you'd want representing the country? I know I wouldn't mind him on Team USA, but that's because we need to fire power he offers.

Smyth is another guy who is hard to argue with. He has shown a knack for turning up his game when he's representing his country.

Draper, well, he's a good character guy, I won't diss him.

Doan, with his recent comments, makes his selection tough to swallow. He's talented enough to be there, but does he deserve to represent his country?

And as for Adam Foote, he's been a lot better than his stats might indicate. Face it, he's on the worst offensive team in hockey. It's tough to have a good +/- when your team isn't scoring. I'm from Ohio, so I've seen almost every Blue Jackets game, so I can tell you he's still a great player.

Rick Nash has not played all year that's how. How can you select someone who has played less then 5 games all year. Is he in game shape?

I am not challenging Bertuzzi on his character. It is his play this year. He is not the player he was 2 years ago. It could be due to the layoff or whatever, but how can you choose him over a Shanahan?

Smyth was one of those weak links in last years world championship. As Thronton's line did most of the work, Smyth was the supposed shut down guy that didnt get the job down. That goes for Draper as well. He is also having a terrible year on a great team.

Doan I am as well not challenging on character but on his skills. he has been an average forward this year.

Adam Foote is well past his prime. He didnt do much with Colorado 2 years ago either.

Have you happened to see what team Foote is on. I don't mean to knock the Blue Jackets but they aren't a great team so you have to give Foote some slack. Brule and Nash have missed just about the entire season and there is little on that team. He is still in the middle of the pack on the team in terms of +/- and can shut people down with the best of them. Plus he adds a huge amount of experience.

And atleast have an argument for Blake if you're going to say he shouldn't be on the team. He has been solid all year (with the exception of the first 2 weeks of the season). And don't bother bringing up his +/- since that is meaningless when your goalies couldn't stop a beach ball. Except Kolesnik...<3 Kolesnik.

Foote is having an awful year. Columbus was better without him. As for Blake, I hope your right but if the goalies had fewer shots it wouldnt make a difference how good or bad they are

Edited by Strummerman

Footer didn't do...much...with us last season? What? Did you even watch the Avs? While not an offensive d-man at all, he had his 2nd best year offensively and 4th best year in the +/- category. He was our most consistent defenseman in the regular season and the playoffs and was probably the main reason the Stars accomplished jack all against us in the first round. If he hadn't of done much last season, then why was there suge a huge outcry when he signed in Columbus? Why were fans openly admitting to shedding tears when he left? Foote was the best defenseman in Colorado, is the best defenseman in Columbus and is still one of the best defensemen in the NHL. His roster spot on Team Canada shouldn't even come close to being questioned.

It's no secret Gretzky wanted Bert on the team. If you have been watching Canucks games(a lot of you aren't), Bertuzzi has been one of the bright spots on the team despite their slump right now. He is generating a ton of offensive chances, and has been really consistent. Right now he looks like his old self, playing better than he did in the last season.

Oh, I have no problem with Bertuzzi's talent. I won't take that away from him. I just don't want a dirty, street thug representing my home country on the biggest international stage in the world.

Typical answer from an Avs fan....... :P

Footer didn't do...much...with us last season? What? Did you even watch the Avs? While not an offensive d-man at all, he had his 2nd best year offensively and 4th best year in the +/- category. He was our most consistent defenseman in the regular season and the playoffs and was probably the main reason the Stars accomplished jack all against us in the first round. If he hadn't of done much last season, then why was there suge a huge outcry when he signed in Columbus? Why were fans openly admitting to shedding tears when he left? Foote was the best defenseman in Colorado, is the best defenseman in Columbus and is still one of the best defensemen in the NHL. His roster spot on Team Canada shouldn't even come close to being questioned.

I think you got the wrong reports the crying was over Forsberg- Colorado had a crap year 2 years ago and 2 years is a long time for a veteran ask brett Hull and Stevie Y- Phaneuf, Mccabe, Boyle to name a few are way ahead of Foote

I am not disparaging Foote's career- he has had a good career, but even Larry Robinson in his later years should maybe have missed a Canada Cup- but let's face facts Foote is no Robinson or Blake or Bourque for that matter- he was steady now he is old