25 members have voted

1. 1. Will the habs win tonight?

• Yes!
    • No!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It's TIME FOR REVENGE!!! That last game was so bad, I couldn't put up a fight when my friend changed the channel to THE LEAFS GAME!

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

I agree. It's TIME FOR REVENGE!!! That last game was so bad, I couldn't put up a fight when my friend changed the channel to THE LEAFS GAME!

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

Oh my, no Leafs game can't be better than a HABS one, even if les boys are playing THAT terrible. :P

Go HABS Go, I hope we'll get a nice christmas present! :hlogo:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4617

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Capitals

WASHINGTON - The Canadiens kick off their annual holiday road trip in Washington Friday night, in the first of five stops over a nine-day span to close out the calendar year. After a date with the Capitals, Claude Julien’s squad will head to Atlanta, Florida, Tampa Bay, Florida and Carolina. The Canadiens will be looking to build on their thrilling 4-3 shootout victory Tuesday night over the Senators at the Bell Centre, that saw the home team fight all the way back from a 3-0 second period deficit thanks to Alex Kovalev’s three-point night in his much anticipated return to the lineup.

The Capitals will be playing the second of back-to-back games, having notched a 6-5 shootout win over the Thrashers Thursday night in Atlanta. Alexander Ovechkin led the way once again with a goal and three assists in regulation before scoring the shootout clincher. The victory was only Washington’s fourth road win of the season.

Tonight marks the second of four meetings between these two clubs with the Capitals having notched a 5-1 win at the Bell Centre on Nov. 19.

Welcome back Alex: Christmas came a little early for Canadiens fans as Alex Kovalev made a triumphant return to the lineup Tuesday against the Senators after sitting out 13 games following knee surgery. Kovalev also gave himself a little present by picking up both his 300th NHL career goal and 700th NHL career point in Montreal’s 4-3 win.

Walking wounded update: Saku Koivu did not make the trip to Washington as the Canadiens' captain continues to nurse a nagging groin injury that has already cost him six games so far. Richard Zednik will be back in the lineup to face his former team after sitting out Tuesday’s win over the Senators with the flu.

Can Huet do it...again? With Jose Theodore’s knee still not at 100 per cent, Cristobal Huet will make his third straight start for the Canadiens. Huet made 33 saves in the win over Ottawa in addition to stoning both Daniel Alfredsson and Dany Heatley in the shootout to earn his first win as a Montreal Canadien.

Mr. Shootout: Should tonight’s game end in a shootout, you can bet the Capitals' Alexander Ovechkin will be on Washington’s list of shooters. Ovechkin is a league-leading 5-for-6 on his shootout attempts, including three shootout-clinching goals. Canadiens winger Pierre Dagenais has scored the winner in both of the Canadiens' shootout wins this season, including Tuesday’s win over the Senators and Montreal’s 3-2 victory over the Thrashers on Nov. 22 at the Bell Centre.

Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com

Huet2.jpg

Cristobal Huet will look to build on his strong effort in Tuesday's outing, when he makes his third straight start for the Canadiens Friday night.

GO HABS GO! I hope Ribs plays first line centre.

I'd like to see a first line of Zednik-Ribeiro-Kovalev. :hlogo:

By the way, we have new smilies but we lost the smilie holding the go habs go sign. :(

I know I got a few boos, but I am excited to watch Huet again. He makes some pretty flashy saves, he seems to be in the right place at the right time, he is quick and he is good with puck control. Huet, don't make me look stupid.

As for Dags, I have been slagging him all season. I would love for him to make me eat my words. Last couple of games he has made me shut my big mouth.

go :hlogo: go!

Habs 4 Caps 0.

http://www.tsn.ca/headlines/main_story.asp?id=148077

(Sports Network) - The Montreal Canadiens begin a tough road stretch tonight when they visit the Washington Capitals at the MCI Center.

The Habs will play their next five games on the road to close out 2005. They enter the tilt 6-4-4 on road ice.

On Tuesday, Alexei Kovalev returned to the lineup after missing six weeks with a knee injury and finished off his record-book night with a shootout goal, as the Canadiens rallied from a three-goal deficit to defeat the Ottawa Senators, 4-3, at the Bell Centre.

Kovalev also recorded a goal and two assists in regulation to lead Montreal, which ended a two-game slide. Kovalev notched both his 300th career goal and 700th career point.

Niklas Sundstrom and Michael Ryder also scored while Cristobal Huet posted 34 saves in the victory. Pierre Dagenais was credited with the game-winner after he put home the first Montreal shootout goal.

On the injury front, Jose Theodore missed Tuesday's contest with a knee injury and is day-to-day.

Montreal will visit Atlanta on Monday.

Washington, meanwhile, ended a two-game skid on Thursday. Rookie Alexander Ovechkin had a goal and three assists and scored the lone shootout tally as the Capitals slipped past the Atlanta Thrashers, 6-5, at Philips Arena.

Ovechkin, the Caps second shooter, raced in on goal and roofed the puck over the glove of Michael Garnett to give the Caps a 1-0 edge in the shootout. Goaltender Brent Johnson halted all three Thrashers skaters in the shootout.

Johnson finished the game with 29 saves for the Capitals, while Dainius Zubrus and Mathieu Biron each had a goal and an assist.

Washington, which is 7-8-1 on home ice, will host Boston on Tuesday.

The Caps posted a 5-1 victory over the Habs on November 19 and have won two of the last three meetings.

kovalev_77952.jpg

Any word on Koivu? If he's not playing tonight, when is he expected to play?

No Koivu not tonight he remained in Montreal from what I have heard. I believe he may join them Wed against Tampa anything earlier than that would be a surprise.