Alex Kovalev interview

Mont Royale

For sure, gotta love Kovalev, great article! Thx!

I still remember what Hasek said after the game on Tuesday... something like "I don't know who that first shooter was (it was Dags), and Kovalev just has so many moves."

I guess he was explaining why the 2 goals got scored on him in the SO. Heh... didn't know who Dagenais was... *still laughs*

Awesome, especially because I don’t believe many people thought that when the Habs acquired Kovalev that he would sign a long term deal and actually thrive under the pressure of Montreal. I know I was a bit queasy when he begun his campaign in Montreal prior to the playoffs when he was not too impressive.

Thanks for the great article......Kovalev is absolute class, to add to the dynamic that he loves playing in Montral, could add the appeal of playing for Les Glorieux for other potential UFA to sign. Also the youngsters take note of his work ethic; Perezoghin and Kostistyn. I was worried when Gainey signed him to a 4 year deal, but it all makes sence; grooming the youngsters, well defined role on the team, fans that embrace him and with the possibility of the cap going up....we got a deal out of this!!

Go Habs Go !!!

Thank you for the article. It's encouraging to see that Montreal really does have an attraction for players. For a long time, the impression I got was that Montreal was one of the places least desired by players going for new contracts. Maybe this will be the beginning of a time when players will WANT to come to Montreal. It's not that I necessarily want to have players want to come to Montreal... for me, it's the attitude that would come from it. Maybe this could be a renewed lighting of the 'torch' and, for those who are on the team and for those who are prospects, this will be a super motivation to want to rise to the heights of times past.

We'll see. :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: