Habs Scout Avs

gohabsgo252006

Red Fisher also reports this.

The Avs are looking for a goalie so chances are Theo is being discussed (if this actually does mean anything) rather than one of our other players. I can see something like Theodore for Kolesnik/Budaj and Hejduk happening. We don't really have a legit starter after Theodore though (even if we get one of Colorado's goalies) so I doubt Gainey would do this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't mean that we would get a Colorado goalie in that trade. It could be some kind of a 3 way trade with Buffalo also. Where Biron would end up in Montreal, Theo in Colorado, and then even things up with forwards being swapped, your guess is as good as mine!

It doesn't mean that we would get a Colorado goalie in that trade. It could be some kind of a 3 way trade with Buffalo also. Where Biron would end up in Montreal, Theo in Colorado, and then even things up with forwards being swapped, your guess is as good as mine!

You dream in colour, crazydoo... why would Buffalo get rid of Biron? He's their life at the moment. It may not last but it's crucial for them at the moment. It may very well be that Buffalo will be the Baltimore Orioles of the NHL this year - really hot at the beginning of the year and then... s--l----i------d--------e-------------------...

Edited by shortcat1

I think Biron is definitely on the market. Buffalo was playing him to raise his market value and that's what they got. Now, while his value is highest they might trade him since Miller is back. I doubt that they'd trade the hottest goalie in the league to a division rival though.

But I do think that the Habs need either Budaj or Kolesnik back. Huet and Danis are no starters.

"You dream in colour, crazydoo... why would Buffalo get rid of Biron?"

-Because Miller is back and they've started it twice already (I think)

"I doubt that they'd trade the hottest goalie in the league to a division rival though."

-They wouldn't trade him to Mtl, they would trade him to Col and Pierre Lacroix would trade him to Montreal.

It makes sense, but I didn't hear that anywhere, I'm just demonstarting other waysto get to your goals. It could be someone else than Biron, it was just an example.

@crazydoo:

In a three-way deal, the Buffalo GM knows the 3rd team in the trade. He would be well aware where his player is going. So that's why he wouldn't send Biron in any kind of trade to Montreal.

Gainey will not trade Theo. Not as of right now anyways, I believe the Canadiens will make the playoffs although it appears it will be another struggle where they clinch a spot in the final days of the regular season. Theo will then be given at least one more chance with this team to run the table and knock out 4 higher ranked teams.

Gainey will not trade Theo. Not as of right now anyways, I believe the Canadiens will make the playoffs although it appears it will be another struggle where they clinch a spot in the final days of the regular season. Theo will then be given at least one more chance with this team to run the table and knock out 4 higher ranked teams.

Right now it appears that we won't clinch a playoff spot, as we haven't won much in the last couple of weeks. The team is really struggling and maybe we would need such a big trade, although I don't think that Théo is the main reason for this losing streak.

Heck, what's with Hejduk or Tanguay? B)

I dont really think you can say that this team wont clinch a playoff spot. It took them 40 games to reach the point total they have this year in 37 games. I know that point totals will be up this year but Montreal will make the playoffs.

I don’t really think you can say that this team wont clinch a playoff spot. It took them 40 games to reach the point total they have this year in 37 games. I know that point totals will be up this year but Montreal will make the playoffs.

I don’t really think you can say that this team wont clinch a playoff spot. It took them 40 games to reach the point total they have this year in 37 games. I know that point totals will be up this year but Montreal will make the playoffs.

but there are more points available this year than last.

Yes I said that.

The time to trade Theo is not when he's in a lull. Gainey should wait for more consistency from Theo.

I think the time to trade Theo was when he won the Vezina and Hart. Imagine how high his stock was and what we would have been able to get in return, and we had Garon waiting in the wings who is starting to show his abilities now that he's getting the starts he needs.

One last thought, remember how much influence the media, especially the francophone media, has over what decisions are made in the front office. ANY Theo trade would cause almost as much turmoil as losing Roy did.

That is so ridiculous when he won the Hart and Veznia if the Habs would have lost him all most all Canadiens fans would have lost their minds. No one can predict the future and I don’t believe most if not all GM's would trade a Hart and Veznia winning goaltender in the off season right after they played the season of their lives and put up the best goaltending performance since Patrick Roy and do you remember when the Canadiens traded him away.

Ok i dont know if anyone is with me or against me i didnt read all of this post seems kinda usless to me to read that much lol.

Anyway mtl will not trade there starting goaltender they made that mistake once they dont need to repeat history, theo is and will remain a habs till the end of his career, also he is one of the ticket selling players for montreal with all the girls loving him so he is safe in mtl.

Then rumors were said on team 990 that the scouts were about montreal trading zednik and bulis for milan hedjuk ( suposadly its only a rumor) and that makes sense since avs need to make room for a goalie and theo will not be it, if avs need a goalie well wich they do i say they will go for noronen cheap and good quality. and i hope the rumor of zednik and bulis for hedjuk works:) well replace zednik with ribiero and ill be a happy camper:)

That is so ridiculous when he won the Hart and Veznia if the Habs would have lost him all most all Canadiens fans would have lost their minds. No one can predict the future and I don’t believe most if not all GM's would trade a Hart and Veznia winning goaltender in the off season right after they played the season of their lives and put up the best goaltending performance since Patrick Roy and do you remember when the Canadiens traded him away.

Ridiculous is right, especially in this environment, but again, IMAGINE what we could have got.

Anyways, too late now. I do, however, think it is time for a change of scenery for Theo. Is it a coincidence

that after all the legal troubles involving his half-brothers, dad, and in-laws, that he seems to be having problems with his focus? Should we be patient and hope he regains his abilities?

He did regain his abilities after the fiasco with his family. Do you remember the last playoffs against Boston? Theo can still play in Montreal. Personally as a fan they only goalie stat I care about is wins. With this team healthy Theo will win games for this club.

Yeah it is nice to dream. If the habs traded Theo right after his Veznia Hart season they probably would have acquired at least 2 first round draft picks as well as a big name player in return. But I am happy that deal was not made because to see another starter traded from Montreal and then go on to win a cup would kill me.

bulis i think may be dealt.

if to colorado, for what? well i dont know..

zednik and bulis for hejduk would be nice. but lacroix has never really traded away a star ever.

No, he lets them sign somewhere else without making even a half-assed effort.

Hejduk has probably been on the block the last couple of weeks but he's really starting to click with Joe so I don't think he 'll be traded. And if Aebi plays like he did tonight, we won't need a goalie either (which, as I've stated, don't think we do anyway). Could use a defenseman though, Brisebois has turned into Breeze-By again. How much would it take to get Ribs? I'd love to have him on our 2nd line.

Anyway mtl will not trade there starting goaltender they made that mistake once they dont need to repeat history, theo is and will remain a habs till the end of his career, also he is one of the ticket selling players for montreal with all the girls loving him so he is safe in mtl.

*lol* So because he's selling tickets and the girls loving him, we should not consider trading an overpayed goalie who isn't doing much this season?

Roy has won a Cup for the HABS before, he can't be compared to Théo at this point of his career.

No, he lets them sign somewhere else without making even a half-assed effort.

Hejduk has probably been on the block the last couple of weeks but he's really starting to click with Joe so I don't think he 'll be traded. And if Aebi plays like he did tonight, we won't need a goalie either (which, as I've stated, don't think we do anyway). Could use a defenseman though, Brisebois has turned into Breeze-By again. How much would it take to get Ribs? I'd love to have him on our 2nd line.

Are you serious? Why would you want Ribs on the Avs? And especially the second line. If I were you I would be happy with Turgeon and Sakic.

But seriously I believe now that Ribs was healthy scratched he will be given the opportunity (3 or 4 games) to redeem himself. Last season it worked so lets just wait and see.

Edited by JMMR

No ones happy with Turgeon at this point. I can't see us trading him but at the most, I'd like to be able to get a TW center whos moderately young. Like, 27-28 years old. Ribs probably doesn't fit that but I'll still take him over Turgeon.

No ones happy with Turgeon at this point. I can't see us trading him but at the most, I'd like to be able to get a TW center whos moderately young. Like, 27-28 years old. Ribs probably doesn't fit that but I'll still take him over Turgeon.

Yeah, you lost me at "TW Center" assuming that means "Two-Way Center"

You cant be serious Ribs is not a 2 way centre he is barley a one way centre most nights. I don’t think he is going to wind up anywhere soon until he is given his chance after Julien sat him and his sand box pal Dags down.