Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Panthers | 12/30/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4620

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Panthers

SUNRISE – Fresh off a 4-3 win over the Lightning, the Canadiens continue their brief tour of Florida Friday night with a visit to the Panthers. Jose Theodore was solid in his return to the lineup Wednesday night, stopping 41 shots, and Pierre Dagenais tallied the game-winner midway through the third period to lead Montreal to their first road win since Nov. 4 in Buffalo, ending their nine-game slide on opposing ice.

The Panthers also head into tonight’s contest as winners in their last game, as they beat the Bruins 6-4 Wednesday night to extend their home undefeated streak to five games (4-0-1). Since Nov. 25, Jacques Martin’s crew has made their mark at the BankAtlantic Center, earning at least a point in their last 10 games (8-1-1); during that span, they’ve outscored their opponents 42-26.

Tonight is the third of four meetings between the Canadiens and Panthers this season, but it is the first time they’ll meet in Florida. In the first two meetings in November, Claude Julien’s troops took both games in overtime, in 4-3 and 5-4 finals at the Bell Centre. Saku Koivu collected three points in both games.

Friday night frights: Jose Theodore was running on all cylinders against the Lightning, turning aside 41 shots, his second-highest total of the season. The 29-year-old goaltender will look to win back-to-back games for the first time since he won a fourth straight start on Nov. 8. He’ll also look to improve on his 5-16-3 record in 27 career starts on Fridays.

Olli leads the way: No one can tell the Panthers their captain doesn’t lead by example. Olli Jokinen tallied twice and added an assist Wednesday against the Bruins, extending his points streak to eight games. In that stretch, the 27-year-old Finn has scored six goals and collected eight assists, and leads his team with five game-winning goals.

Dagenais dominates: Pierre Dagenais is without a doubt most comfortable when the pressure is on, as witnessed in his two shootout goals in as many opportunities this season. In beating John Grahame for the game-winner on Wednesday, Dagenais scored his 35th NHL career goal; 18 of those goals have broken a tie and put his team ahead.

4620_3.jpg

Steve Begin has picked up a goal in both games against the Panthers at the Bell Centre back in November.

I would much rather have a 64 game winning streak this year.

Sounds nice. Let's get it started with a 3-2 win tonight.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Koivu won't play (source:RDS)

Encore sans Koivu

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/194777.html

word. I don't care if Theo allows 5 goals on 2 shots...no matter what the outcome will be, Trizzak will now be held as main responsible in case of a loss! :P

I foresee it now.

"Damn guys, that was one bad game. 9 - 2? Who'd have thought that was possible?!?.....guys....why do you have baseball bats and chains? :unsure: "

ok... all bad karma posts stop now.

Some of us are a little superstitious (read: insane) about these issues.

habs WILL win.

GO HABS GO

Whenever I say that Habs will win, they lose...so, they'll lose thonight. 4-2

anyone following the game on here tonight???

Guys! We've figured it out! On NHL.com.pl chat we finally solved "Canadiens Ice Time Mystery". What is Julien's system? It's like this: for every 6 months of NHL career a player gets 1 minute of ice time. That means we should be playing Rivet, Sundstrom etc. I know Perezhogin would be against this system, but he's a kiddo and he oughta shut up ;)

^^^^

That's a joke (that's for sure ;) )

thehabbit - I'm following :)

Edited by ddawwidd

i will probably leave around 8 or so... but until I do Im here.

At some weird level can't wait for my vacation to end so i can get back to proper game threading.

I can't believe I just said that.

Hahaha, I sort of know what you mean. Since my vacation began... I've barely been home to watch the games.

there is a few of us anyways......right on!!

simonus you need more rum and egg nog

tommy9 needs some good absinthe to keep him awake too!!!!

but remember to heed the signature

there is a few of us anyways......right on!!

simonus you need more rum and egg nog

tommy9 needs some good absinthe to keep him awake too!!!!

but remember to heed the signature

... I need some positive impulse tonite. I am in bad mood. Our Kladno's hockey team lost last four games in row. It's not simple without guys like Jagr,Kabby & Pleky of course :(

No KOIVU tonight thats shitty.

Anyone in Kingston who wants to come to see the game Ambassador Hotel JM"s lounge 40 inch plasma

ME!! ... ,but wait a pair weeks, due to canadian visas hounting!!! :angry2::)

... I need some positive impulse tonite. I am in bad mood. Our Kladno's hockey team lost last four games in row. It's not simple without guys like Jagr,Kabby & Pleky of course

heres some positive impulse: you are a habs fan too!!!

oh for faaaaaaaaaaaaaack sake