Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Panthers | 12/30/05

Spider-Man NL

woah! that one must have been a bowl filler and then some... a multi-flusher... :lol::lol::P:P

ya can't flush your pants :huh:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good panthers puck control

Edited by shortcat1

icing + 4 seconds to go = game's over. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

théodore as 3rd star is very appropriate... luongo as 1st star is the way it should be.

man we miss our centermen

We can't even get out of our own zone....What the hell is that.

Exhaustion...Every game I hear that from Murray Wilson, every game Exhaustion, well maybe if Julien played more than 4 players every game, that'd be nice and maybe that EXHAUSTION wouldn't be such a huge factor

EXACTLY! I can't understad why our rookies play so little! Ehhhhh...

Oh and thank you Panthers for not giving us even one star. Yeah! That's called sportsmanlike conduct :/

That was quick one - it started at 1.30 and ended at 4a.m. Anyway - I'm going to bed :) Take care guys

countdown to the next "Fire Julien" post:

We are officially screwed. We get a four minute PP but the Panthers press us non-stop; we lose Begin -- he must be hurt bad or he would have come back; we have lost 10/11 on the road; Ribs gets knocked off the puck like he was a teenaged girl; argh!

Things have to turn around and soon we can't ride that strong ("lucky"?) start any longer.

anyway, Happy New Year! Countdown to 2006 here in Japan is now 11 hours and 58 minutes.

Edited by JeanLucPilon

man we miss our centermen

the one we miss the most is koivu... he brings spunk and grit with him... saku come home!!! (à la "ET") or Sa

come back saku, saku... come back!!! (à la "Shane")

countdown to the next "Fire Gainey" post:

Fire Gainey? Or fire Julien? Cuz although I liked what he did for the team last year and the start of this year, I'm growing tired of his idiocy...

Edited by JeanLucPilon

Fire Gainey? Or fire Julien? Cuz although I liked what he did for the team last year and the start of this year, I'm growing tired of his idiocy...

Right sorry I meant there will be calls to fire Julien not Gainey...

I'm depressed y'know, can't get my mind straight. Fire Everyone!

Yeah sorry lazy you're right, I meant Julien. Anyway we win a couple and all will be well again, no?

there won't be any firing too soon. i see gainey as being a very deliberate thinker and doer. no off-the-cuff stuff by him.

I agree that Gainey is a very deliberate thinker, but I think that is mostly for player movement than coach. I think Julien wasn't his guy to begin with, he gave him his opportunity and it's showing now that Coaching is a weakness and not a strength on this team.

- Julien doesn't teach the young players, he destroys their confidence instead of helping them become key members of the team. From an outsiders perspective, it seems to me, that for some time now, Julien is fearing for his job, b/c he keeps shortening the bench, almost like a i need this game attitude everygame. He's not managing the team in the game or for the season and frankly i'm tired of it.

- HIs constant juggling of lines and fear of benching Ribeiro, disorganization on the PP and seeming lack of ability to scheme properly, has lowered his stock in my book.

We need a motivator / teacher as a coach, go outside the system and hire someone proven. OR someone like Carbonneau (what's he up to these days anyways). Brent Sutter would be my choice, but that's unlikely. Maybe Scotty Bowman wants to make a comeback.

I was a fan of Julien but enough is enough and I think a change in order, like someone said before me, the strong start we had cannot be relied on anymore, I want to know what he's done for me lately, and that is not much. Even with all the excuses and injuries our team was still better than waht he have been playing. Ribeiro and Julien should pay the price.

Sorry for the Rant, but this is so frustrating, A lack of team effort is usually the coaches fault.

I agree that Gainey is a very deliberate thinker, but I think that is mostly for player movement than coach. I think Julien wasn't his guy to begin with, he gave him his opportunity and it's showing now that Coaching is a weakness and not a strength on this team.

- Julien doesn't teach the young players, he destroys their confidence instead of helping them become key members of the team. From an outsiders perspective, it seems to me, that for some time now, Julien is fearing for his job, b/c he keeps shortening the bench, almost like a i need this game attitude everygame. He's not managing the team in the game or for the season and frankly i'm tired of it.

- HIs constant juggling of lines and fear of benching Ribeiro, disorganization on the PP and seeming lack of ability to scheme properly, has lowered his stock in my book.

We need a motivator / teacher as a coach, go outside the system and hire someone proven. OR someone like Carbonneau (what's he up to these days anyways). Brent Sutter would be my choice, but that's unlikely. Maybe Scotty Bowman wants to make a comeback.

I was a fan of Julien but enough is enough and I think a change in order, like someone said before me, the strong start we had cannot be relied on anymore, I want to know what he's done for me lately, and that is not much. Even with all the excuses and injuries our team was still better than waht he have been playing. Ribeiro and Julien should pay the price.

Sorry for the Rant, but this is so frustrating, A lack of team effort is usually the coaches fault.

I think the whole "change the coach" campain isn't the solution. Forget Carbo, he said numerous times that he dont want to be a head-coach. And please, for the love of God, dont mention a Sutter. They're all the same, their teams are all the same and none of them ever won the Cup in the NHL. I dont want the Habs to be a contender, I want them to be a winner.

I'm not a big Julien fan, but I'm even less of a Jarvis fan. And that's who the Habs will have as head-coach if Julien get canned. Jarvis followed Gainey and he's Gainey's man. That's who our future head-coach is.

Unless Bowman wants to give it another go... But that'd be a very short term decision.

All in all, I think its way too soon to ask for the coach's head already. That should be a last-resort solution. There's still plenty of things to try first, starting by waiting for all injured players to come back. You dont fire a coach when he's forced to deal with a rash of injuries, its simply something you dont do.

And Gainey himself has yet to do anything to help the team. Seems to me a trade to shake up the players and adress weakness is way more urgent than cleaning house of the coaching staff.

Just a matter of judgement and priorities.

I can see why people wouldn't want a coaching change, however, for me personally, it's what I perceive as a mismanagement and a failure to motivate, rather than a win / loss issue.

It's the fact that the team doesn't come out to compete. I watch some of the western teams, like Calgary and Edmonton and every game, they are competing using their speed and continually pushing. We have the speed to do that, yet we sit back alot even without the lead. There is no will to win, no motivation to compete. That's the most frustrating part.

It's the fact that the team doesn't come out to compete. I watch some of the western teams, like Calgary and Edmonton and every game, they are competing using their speed and continually pushing. We have the speed to do that, yet we sit back alot even without the lead. There is no will to win, no motivation to compete. That's the most frustrating part.

I agree with that observation, and it frustrates me as well. However look at it from another angle: we were #1 in the East at the start of the season with the same coaching staff behind the bench, and we could compete with Ottawa. So we're not that far off.

I'd look at smaller-scale changes before changing the entire coaching staff. If the players can't motivate themselves, its because there's a leadership/character problem in the locker-room.

An example: trade Rivet for a defenseman who can play on a #1 PP unit, and give the "A" to Kovalev. You adress 3 problems in one move: change the leadership dynamic of the team (which isnt working right now), give more responsabilities to your most talented player and improved your PP.

Its just an example to show how you can make a turnaround without doing something as drastic as hire a new coach.

Can someone who saw the game explain to me why Komi only played 1'43"? 7th D?

20/12 Ottawa: 8'16"

23/12 Washington: 3'54"

26/12 Atlanta: 6'26"

28/12 Tampa: 0'00"

30/12 Florida: 1'43"

Edited by mathieu30

Apparently Jarvis and Julien are the same style of coach: Defensively oriented (True? Not true?)

If that is the case, one is expendable, and should be replaced with someone different.

The trades I want to have happen mostly are the minor touchup ones. Trade a pick or two for some depth at D. We all know no one is coming in anytime soon, the next closest guy is 2-3 years away, and Savard & co. didn't even draft a D man in the last draft. HELP. Also, if a player was brought in to help out the farm team and make a push for an NHL spot this year ala Kostitsyn and Murray, I'd love it. Hamilton needs the help.

That would keep me placated, maybe even moreso than a blockbuster deal.

Can someone who saw the game explain to me why Komi only played 1'43"? 7th D?

20/12 Ottawa: 8'16"

23/12 Washington: 3'54"

26/12 Atlanta: 6'26"

28/12 Tampa: 0'00"

30/12 Florida: 1'43"

This is all part of the same question... why are the young guys being given so little ice time? :?- I don't know, I don't understand, I don't think that this is right. :wacko:

But, who the heck am I? A kindergarten teacher in Sudbury. What to say? :?-