Alamo Bowl

habsfan88

HOLY CRAP.

If you saw the highlihgts or the actual game, you can comment on this thread but that game was complete BS!

Craziest ending ever, why wasn't that too many men on the field!! the play was still going!!!! SO MAD RIGHT NOW

Yeah but Michigan had a few guys run onto the field too. They noticed that after a couple replays so it would've been off-setting penalties anyway. But there were some other horrendous calls in the game, like the non-call on the pass interference. The reffing in the game was disgraceful.

It probably would've been like that other game. I forget what 2 teams were playing but the marching band ran out onto the field and the other teams ball carrier got a TD on the final play to win the game. Took out a tuba player in the process. :lol:

I've never really understood the fascination for college/university sports in the US. College football and basketball are treated with as much or even more importance than many professional sports. In that same vein, I'm sort half surprised that college baseball doesn't have such press... even college hockey gets better fan mania/media coverage. Even when I was an ardent US football follower, I still couldn't get it. :huh:

In Canada, I suppose an equivalent might be CHL hockey but even then, there isn't very much media coverage except for some games on specialty channels. The only thing that makes it 'big time' is the Memorial Cup - the grand championship of all CHL teams.

Interestingly, I've noticed that, in Canada, we've tried to do something similar with college football. It hasn't really caught on yet and, to be honest, I don't expect it will ever catch on in a big way, especially in the manner of the US college football mania/coverage.

I've never really understood the fascination for college/university sports in the US. College football and basketball are treated with as much or even more importance than many professional sports. In that same vein, I'm sort half surprised that college baseball doesn't have such press... even college hockey gets better fan mania/media coverage. Even when I was an ardent US football follower, I still couldn't get it. :huh:

In Canada, I suppose an equivalent might be CHL hockey but even then, there isn't very much media coverage except for some games on specialty channels. The only thing that makes it 'big time' is the Memorial Cup - the grand championship of all CHL teams.

Interestingly, I've noticed that, in Canada, we've tried to do something similar with college football. It hasn't really caught on yet and, to be honest, I don't expect it will ever catch on in a big way, especially in the manner of the US college football mania/coverage.

you gotta remember that NBA and NFL essentially have no minor league systems. Also, in basketball and football there are a lot of pro ready players playing. Up until the 50's, basketball and football were irrelevant as pro sports, but there was a long established collegiate tradition. Baseball has a long established minor league and a long important pro system.

That's at least part of it.