Tougher Habs Needed

HABZRULE

Am I the only one who thinks the Habs are getting out-hit and some what pushed around? We need some muscle brought in(our up). I guess Santa lost my list. Perhaps I should have asked for 3 twenty goal scorers instead of a goon.

we already have goal scoring, now we need guys who will get in the face of other team's star players like sundin kovalchuck, spezza.

we also need help on D

a guy like keith carney wouldn't probaly cost too much and would give some slack to souray and komisarek in order for them to regain confidence

So many times, listening to games, I hear Ribeiro gets the puck, then like one second later, he gets bumped off the puck, or gets hit then falls down. . .

yup, a few players are often losing the battles for puck control it seems.

Edited by JeanLucPilon

Ribero always gets out muscled.

I don’t mind Keith Carney he is a competitor he works hard and is fairly intelligent.

And I have to disagree Marky & Komi this team does have trouble scoring goals only Pittsburgh has less in the east.

Agreed. Habs need more goal scorers. It is a problem.

we need at least one import so we can fully remake the first 2 lines not this Musical chair CJ is doing... and more importantly PLAY THE ROOKS!

(New-or-Perez)-Koivu-Kovalev

(New-or-Zednik-or-Perez)-Plek-Ryder

we need at least one import so we can fully remake the first 2 lines not this Musical chair CJ is doing... and more importantly PLAY THE ROOKS!

(New-or-Perez)-Koivu-Kovalev

(New-or-Zednik-or-Perez)-Plek-Ryder

ok well plex is out 5weeks and our D is good the only this is that iv noticed rivet cost us the last 2 games in a row not playing his man...anyway and yes CJ is completly lost not playing perezhogin.

But also ribiero is the biggest problem he cant play with anyone gets out muscled cant score not fast all he has are hands and those only get u so far. but saposadly mtl is looking in for hedjuk i wouldnt wannna lose zednik but if we have to then we would have to and streit is coming alone nicly:) gonna be one of the best defensmen we have soon enough come playoff time. :hlogo:

Koivu 11, are you kidding me about the D being good. That was a joke right. I can think of only 5 teams maybe that have 6 D worse then the habs. Have you noticed they can't hit, pass, skate or score as a group. The D is the problem with this team, perhaps if they could win a 1 on 1 battle every now and again they could get the puck out of the zone. Then maybe they can score some goals.

Anyone out there think that Bonk coming back at some point could be a good thing for this team defensively? Not that there is a huge link (not as much as the youngsters, duh!?) but we had a much better record with him helping shut down other teams and other guys in seemingly comfortable yet challenging roles.

What worked is now being ignored, where's our speed, determination, desire?

Not sure why there is such a desire to continue to try the same guys with the same poor result. Were we all dreaming when we saw, heard and felt Kovalev, Koivu and Perezhogin? Why not throw them together again let him (Perez) improve with super back-up, your two best players!!!!!

I am frustrated with the confusing moves, but am hopeful that it will all come as clear as Yoda's diatribes...soon enough, we will know, hmm, yess...

What i wanted to say firstly (which was on topic) was that i am pumped to see Ferland come and play. I remember his energy (and physical play) from the few times I have seen him play or in highlight packages. That got me thinking about different types of toughness and the many quotes I have heard saying that Bonk is tough to play against got into my mind. Then I just went elsewhere...

Yes Ferland up with the big club should be a positive thing I hope he gets the opportunity to earn a permanent spot on this team. If he can play in the new NHL he is perfect for the habs he is a big forward a department Montreal is seriously lacking in.