Zhogs Down - Kosty And Others Up

gohabsgo252006

Tsn reported that the habs have sent Perezhogin back to Hamilton and Called up Kostytsin, Ferland and J.P. Cote.

Are we calling them up to sit on the bench again, because if that's the case we can just keep them in the minors and save some $.

So much for Zhogs getting an opportunity, and I'm guessing that the Ferland call up means Begin will not be playing the next game? IF someone has more info, on that please share, that's just my guess.

Cote??? I'm not sure why he is being called up, I haven't heard of any injuries on D, again if i'm wrong let me know.

Could this mean a trade? or is it just straight up moves? I"m confused somebody help

Habs demote Perezhogin; recall three

TSN.ca Staff

1/2/2006 5:38:22 PM

MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens recalled forwards Andrei Kostitsyn and Jonathan Ferland, as well as defenceman Jean-Philippe Côté, recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League.

The Canadiens also assigned forward Alexander Perezhogin to the Bulldogs.

Kostitsyn, 20, has 21 points in 34 games with the Bulldogs this season. He has played in five games with the Canadiens this season, and recorded one point -- his first NHL goal scored on his first career shot on December 13 against the Phoenix Coyotes.

Ferland, 22, registered nine points and 47 penalty minutes in 14 games with the Bulldogs and missed 23 games due to a knee injury. The 6-foot-2, 208-pound native of Ste-Marie-de-Beauce was the Canadiens' 5th pick, 212th overall in 2002.

Côté, 23, has three assists and 51 penalty minutes in 26 games this year. The 6-foot-2, 216-pound defenceman native of Quebec City has played in his first three NHL games earlier this season. Côté was signed as a free agent on August 19, 2004.

Perezhogin, 22, played in 36 games with the Canadiens in 2005-06, collecting 12 points.

----------------------------------------------

Hmmmmmmmmm.......wtf?

Tsn reported that the habs have sent Perezhogin back to Hamilton and Called up Kostytsin, Ferland and J.P. Cote.

Are we calling them up to sit on the bench again, because if that's the case we can just keep them in the minors and save some $.

So much for Zhogs getting an opportunity, and I'm guessing that the Ferland call up means Begin will not be playing the next game? IF someone has more info, on that please share, that's just my guess.

Cote??? I'm not sure why he is being called up, I haven't heard of any injuries on D, again if i'm wrong let me know.

Could this mean a trade? or is it just straight up moves? I"m confused somebody help

It does seem like a strange move. On the one hand, sending Perezhogin down is not a bad move. It will give him more ice time and more opportunity to learn, under Jarvis, how to play without taking on as many penalties.

Yet, if the Colonel Sanders trio are called up to warm the bench, it would really seem to be a dumb move. They also need the playing time to learn. Maybe it's to give them a taste of the NHL, maybe it's to have them there to fill in where the need might be. Heck, maybe even it could be because they've progressed so well that they deserve the playing time with the big team.

I'm going to watch what happens, of course.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Heyy I started talking about this on the Perez top 30 post (irritated bratlike)

LEts think about this for a while... Lets assume no trade is in the makings... (99% sure there isnt) Perez in hamilton for a short stint why not more playing time ok the sens are doing it all theis season with many players!! Kosty perhaps to make room for Perez? Edmonton might be pissed for Perez going to Hamilton ...who knows! In any case if AK46 takes the ice for 5 min then MIRACLE he should kiss CJ if not ..will get back to that later. As for Coté? Moral boost for whatever he or someone else has supposedly done... Or and this is where I am boggled why... To replace Krex? Steit is doing better so he's still in or maybe to give Rivet a scratch? And Finally Ferland the only logical one of the moves is arguably to replace Murray on the Fourth line who is now replacing Begin so no problem there!

If this plays out as it might look on paper then FIne! But if all this Juggling will mean we play 3 lines again with one Dman and at least one Forward Benched then I Ask of You dear Habsworld colleagues What is the Point?

The point of re agrivating Koivu's groin ? frustrating Kovalev seeing he's the only one with his Tank full and gettting him hurt in overly miraculous move...

Now I again ask of You... This no longer fits in my mind about tactics SCREW tactics I'm thinking the well being of whats left of our team! Do you think this is CJ and his assistants decision? Does BG have a say and if so how can he go along with this? I'm no hockey expert but why dear lord why 3 lines again!! the result is what I fear the most! were gonna get messed up bad at the end! and its gonna be too late to get back healthy in time for the playoffs!

I'm praying Saint Rocket enlightens me!

Perezhogin as done more than well when given the opportunitie and was part of the little succes the Ch as

knowned early in the season. He is one of the better offensive players yet has been un-used by Julien

as the CH kept descending into hell while sporting the worst offensive record in the East with Pitsburg.

He is one of the very few players to be above the + side on the plus-minus scale,......anyway, its now

Kotsitsyn's turn to be miss-used by the organisation.

Its hard to know why Cote is being asked-up to be part of an 8 defence's group. Lets hope that Komisarek

wont be part of a trade to make-up for Gainey's lack of initiative in getting us skilled offensive free agents

during the last two years.

I also have a problem undertsanding why coté is being recalled.

maybe there's an injury with one of our D that we don't know.

as for perezhogin, I think he's gone in hamilton only to get quality ice time and regain is confindence.

Ok this is by far the dumbest thing i have ever seen happen for the habs i took the inconsistant play i took the terrible line making i took the pansy (ribiero) playign on the top line i took us not scoring i took us playing perezhogin on the last line.

Thats i am fed up of these stupideties and gainey is acting like the biggest dumbass i ever seen ( sorry for the language) putting ur best player or at least one of ur best players down for no reason maybe because hes not scoring??? umm maybe cuz he always on last line i dont even think he averages 10 minutes of ice time anymore.

Then they call up someone who wont be able to do the job kostisyn?? he still needs to develop and if gainey doesnt do a trade to boost the offense he is dumb and our team is goin into last place and no t gonna make the play offs but who he has to keep is perezhogin koivu kovalev and ryder at the most those are key guys that we need and theo also.

What a dumb move done by our general manager!

I think Gainey knows more about hockey then Koivu11 and all the idiots on this site that bash the best GM the Habs have had since Sam Pollock.

hey hey Novice ... Choose your words more carefully! You have all the right to disagree and be pissed off even but dont go out and call names and worse generalize ... this aint RDS nor whatever ghetto site you might have been in before! ;)

I think Gainey knows more about hockey then Koivu11 and all the idiots on this site that bash the best GM the Habs have had since Sam Pollock.

Many attack what they do not understand. "Fire - bad!" That's not to say that I understand it fully, but I recognize that I don't.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Many were calling on Gainey to ship Perezhogin to Hamilton if CJ wasn't going to play him... so now he's done that, and it's still the wrong move, apparently. Perezhogin's alleged infallibility will be enjoyed elsewhere - and for more minutes. I'll call Hamilton to prepare them for The Second Coming! :D

Many attack what they do not understand. "Fire - bad!" That's not to say that I understand it fully, but I recognize that I don't.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Many were calling on Gainey to ship Perezhogin to Hamilton if CJ wasn't going to play him... so now he's done that, and it's still the wrong move, apparently. Perezhogin's alleged infallibility will be enjoyed elsewhere - and for more minutes. I'll call Hamilton to prepare them for The Second Coming! :D

Zhogin getting some major playing time in Hamilton

Ok By me

He can always get called up again

and for now can help the bulldogs

I am also very confused by the Cote call up. I am going to assume a trade is in the works if not already done. I could be wrong but there is no reason to call up an 8th D man. Julien seems to only play 5 D and 10 forwards anyway. I'm guessing trade. Since i live in colorado a few reports say there is talk of a trade, zednick name is mentioned alot here, but they also say swapping D men as well. Who knows if any of it is true.

Ok sorry dudes maybe i over reacted wich iam sure i did, iam a little over the edge with this team.There driving me nuts i love this team way to much and care to much to see our amazing talents get washed off, CJ is not doing a proper job, Mtl has the speed but we dont use it; why i have noooooo idea why.

CJ is saposadly using trap offense ( iam not 100% sure bout all the offensive plays for hockey) but i know its not effective for our team, to me it looks more like a offense for a slower type team , we have speed were not using it we need scoring were not getting it.

Iam fusterated for how long we went on like this we need some players to step up and ribs is not doing sweet all i say if no one wants him get ride of him on waivers anyway i wouldnt care he is not effective and he doesnt do anything for the team. Put bonk on second line when he healthy and u would have a player hopfully getting paid 2.47 million because when he was drafted everyone said he is a big scorer and has a lot of offensive talent. or plex can do the job and he can play well with ryder and zhogs.

A lot of ppl looks like there gonna hate me but so be it i have to say it, the reason for brining up these players maybe there is a trade in the works i wouldnt know but i hope gainey is not planning on trading kostistyn i wouldnt wanna lose him for the future. Im i the only one that if thinking that gainey is like hiding the team in the dark waiting for them to be 100% healthy because we all know it wont happen anytime soon, and has anyone seen the schedual for the month of january !!! we would need a mirical to get through it and for what i see theres no mircal happening if this keeps up and CJ has to play the kids since zhogs isnt gonna be in the line up then i want him to play kost the second line with bulis and put koivu back on first with zednik and kovalev.

Ok IAM DONE EXPRESSING FOR TONIGHT AND FOR SURE WHO EVER HAS SOMETHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT BE GO FOR IT... :hlogo:

I for sure also smell a trade. But who knows.

I am very happy to see ZHOG sent to the minors. I would rather him be with the big club but it is more important for his development to play 15-25 mins per game not between 1 and 5.

I believe K rex is hurt. I posted this on another thread but I have no fact to back this up.

I am also happy to see Ferland up with the big club he is a hard worker and I hope he gets a chance against the Pens tonight.

I for sure also smell a trade. But who knows.

I am very happy to see ZHOG sent to the minors. I would rather him be with the big club but it is more important for his development to play 15-25 mins per game not between 1 and 5.

I believe K rex is hurt. I posted this on another thread but I have no fact to back this up.

I am also happy to see Ferland up with the big club he is a hard worker and I hope he gets a chance against the Pens tonight.

Tonight i think u mean tomarrow night...lol

Zhog in the minors doesn't concern me. We've all pretty much said "If Julien won't use him, send him to the Bulldogs." Guess what. Julien isn't using him, so he's better off with the Bulldogs.

Cote being called up does concern me however. Trade? Perhaps...