Game Thread | Pittsburgh Vs. Montreal | 01/03/06

Spider-Man NL

... Vinny Prospal played tennis like André Agassi (during a summer camp of Czech players only)

and I find not a big difference between Lance Armstrong's US Postal squad and "bikers" like Rucinsky or Straka :D!

And we were supposed to figure all this out with a couple of pictures?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... Vinny Prospal played tennis like André Agassi (during a summer camp of Czech players only)

and I find not a big difference between Lance Armstrong's US Postal squad and "bikers" like Rucinsky or Straka :D!

I'm joking of course!

PS ... 4-6 loss! Such a bad end of this match! :(

Ah! I understand now. That is funny! :lol:

we're going to have to continue with confidence and consistency on this 'streak' if we ever want a shot at Phil Kessel :blink::wacko:

the strange thing is that, even with this loss, we're still four games over .500 :wacko:

Only if you overlook OT loses, I figured an old-timer like you would argue we've lost more than we won, sympathy points notwithstanding...

Thanks for trying to cheer us up, though ;)

To you from failing hands we throw the torch...

...but it sails over Théo's blocker and into the net. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

lol :lol:

Well I'm off to go study the French Revolution. Adieu!

get going... chop - chop!!

And we were supposed to figure all this out with a couple of pictures?

... no video-records in my archive! :P Next time maybe. Or wait till Torino, we will show more skills on ice! Hemsky is better than Brian Boitano! He can triple-axel with any mistake! :lol:

peace y'all

man, we shouldn't have used up all of our luck in the first 20 games :blink:

here's a positive for you guys... montreal only had 3 penalties this game - one per period :)

i do believe that this game was an example of a situation where things went unusually well for the one team and unusually not well for the other. in this case, the 'other' was us... c'est dommage. :(

stuff like that happens - there are (and have been, this year) times when we have been on the 'one' side of this equation (ie. both tampa bay games where we were massively outplayed but we still won). :huh:

here's a positive for you guys... montreal only had 3 penalties this game - one per period :)

i do believe that this game was an example of a situation where things went unusually well for the one team and unusually not well for the other. in this case, the 'other' was us... c'est dommage. :(

stuff like that happens - there are (and have been, this year) times when we have been on the 'one' side of this equation (ie. both tampa bay games where we were massively outplayed but we still won). :huh:

... my words :).

Next time will come good result with good play together! I hope.

... Good night to everyone on HabsWorld ...

canad2-med.gif

Five shots in the last period? When we desperitely need to put on some pressure and score a goal? God damn, I'm getting sick of this...this team really starting to suck donkey balls

Five shots in the last period? When we desperitely need to put on some pressure and score a goal? God damn, I'm getting sick of this...this team really starting to suck donkey balls

donkey balls... now there's an image. :wacko::blink: :lool:

Ole, Ole, Ole, we're the worst, we're the worst ... :wacko:

Losses against the Pampers, Thrashers, Canes, Caps, Pens ... are we supposed to go for the 1st OA pick?! come on, this is getting boring. :angry:

with all respect, may I ask upon which melody have you based these lyrics or is the melody your own? :blink::wacko:

Just got in. Just saw the score. Just suppressed the urge to throw my computer monitor across the room.

I don't even know why I check the boxscores anymore...it only leads to hurt.

I just looked at sportsnet and saw this:

11:45 PM: Habs hold closed door meeting

Following Tuesday night's 6-4 loss to Sidney Crosby and the Penguins, Montreal held a closed-door meeting to discuss the team's recent performance. No word on what was said, or if anything will follow.

Doesn't say much, but hey...it's news.

What's wrong with CJ? Komisarek playing almost 8', Kostitsyn 13' & Ferland 9'12". CJ made a few post game comments:

"Our fans deserve better than this."

"If we have to make more changes, they'll be for the team, not the individuals."

"We're at a stage where these performances are unacceptable"

I have to go to work right now but I'm feeling awfull. .. deserve better than this..

:angry:

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Theodore was scrambly all night, he was oversliding all over the place.

The gap between the forwards and the defence was monstrous leading to dozens of turnovers.

There was no concerted offensive effort amongst the lines for most of the game.

Where were Kovalev and Zednik?

Bulis is a real second line centre.

Other than that, I just bought Half Life 2, so I'm going to kill things to feel better.

What's wrong with CJ? Komisarek playing almost 8', Kostitsyn 13' & Ferland 9'12". CJ made a few post game comments:

"Our fans deserve better than this."

"If we have to make more changes, they'll be for the team, not the individuals."

"We're at a stage where these performances are unacceptable"

I have to go to work right now but I'm feeling awfull. .. deserve better than this..

:angry:

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Believe it its way more than I had hoped for ... they actually playef 4 lines.... Kosty was nothing but awefull on that last goal.. he was doing nothing and that poor attempt to cover seemed as if he was begging for a coin to Ouellet of whoever shot there... SPANKING if I ever saw one

Why do you all think that the Habs played so badly? We dominated for the first 50 minutes despite the score. The only reasons why we lost is because Theodore played like crap on the first 5 shots and the first line never showed up. One of our best games of the season.

A Loss is a loss and goaltending is part of the team. It boggles my mind how some people can try and defend the team by singling out the one bad thing that happened in a game, when we have won what 2 games in our last 20....This is ridiculous....something will always cause the loss, the point is we're losing and somethign needs to be done. Theo has a propensity to overslide plays and whenever he's hung out to dry he gives up on the play instead of making an effort and he might have the most apparent weakness in the NHL high glove side, it's there EVERY time.

HOpefully this meeting will do something. and HOpefully Koivu Kovalev and Zednik will show up for more than the first shift of the game.

On the positive side, I was impressed with Kosty's playmaking up front, I'll suffer through his mistakes for his creativity as long as he learns from them and Ferland looked to fit in very well.