Theodore Stats

Ginu

Theo's SV % broken down by 1, 2 and 3 goal leads and deficits... i've been a Habs fan forever and very rarely post, but he has been shocking in maintaining a lead and making a big save when it counts... yes he'll do it occassionally and you can make arguments that he gets screened, the defence doesn't clear space in front of the net, etc. but over the last 3 years such situations should even themselves out... he has been absolutely brutal this year and can't make a save when we need him to... the fans got it right today for cheering him after his occassional save... in my opinion, he has let 'i'm the goalie of the canadiens' get to his head and he's unable to focus, while spending his time in Ford and shampoo commercials... i used to be a huge theodore fan but i have to confess his play leaves a lot to be desired...

so, anybody have access to these kinds of stats? it would be very interesting to see...

cheers.

Theo's SV % broken down by 1, 2 and 3 goal leads and deficits... i've been a Habs fan forever and very rarely post, but he has been shocking in maintaining a lead and making a big save when it counts... yes he'll do it occassionally and you can make arguments that he gets screened, the defence doesn't clear space in front of the net, etc. but over the last 3 years such situations should even themselves out... he has been absolutely brutal this year and can't make a save when we need him to... the fans got it right today for cheering him after his occassional save... in my opinion, he has let 'i'm the goalie of the canadiens' get to his head and he's unable to focus, while spending his time in Ford and shampoo commercials... i used to be a huge theodore fan but i have to confess his play leaves a lot to be desired...

so, anybody have access to these kinds of stats? it would be very interesting to see...

cheers.

this is not quite what you need but here's a couple of web pages for you:

1) http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...e=nhl-canadiens

2) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=14080

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

I don't have your stats, but you're right, Theodore is seriously worrisome. The only good news is that he really snapped into shape for the second period and made key stops to get the Habs back in it...of course that's small consolation, given the outcome.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said, but I'll say it anyway: he's down all the time, it's ridiculous (Crosby would not have scored that first goal if Theo hadn't been pointlessly on his knees), he is wildly inconsistent within games and across them, and he has not put three strong games together in a row all season.

I really thought this guy, with all his swagger and footspeed, could lead us to the promised land - thought so even before his monster year of 2001-02 - but he's pushing 30 and hasn't even got two back-to-back excellent NHL seasons to his credit. It's time to give serious thought to the possibility that Theo is WAY closer to Felix Potvin than Patrick Roy.

If the Habs aren't in a playoff spot going into the final weeks, Gainey might be wise to move him and do whatever it takes to sign Luongo in the off-season.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I don't have your stats, but you're right, Theodore is seriously worrisome. The only good news is that he really snapped into shape for the second period and made key stops to get the Habs back in it...of course that's small consolation, given the outcome.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said, but I'll say it anyway: he's down all the time, it's ridiculous (Crosby would not have scored that first goal if Theo hadn't been pointlessly on his knees), he is wildly inconsistent within games and across them, and he has not put three strong games together in a row all season.

I really thought this guy, with all his swagger and footspeed, could lead us to the promised land - thought so even before his monster year of 2001-02 - but he's pushing 30 and hasn't even got two back-to-back excellent NHL seasons to his credit. It's time to give serious thought to the possibility that Theo is WAY closer to Felix Potvin than Patrick Roy.

If the Habs aren't in a playoff spot going into the final weeks, Gainey might be wise to move him and do whatever it takes to sign Luongo in the off-season.

you're right... his positioning for the first goal was brutal, in general its horrendous... the short handed goal he may have not even moved, he did the same thing against Murray in overtime when Kovalev gave up the puck in the playoffs in game 4... he wasn't even in the net while the 3rd goal was going in tonite, somehow he ended up on the far left side of the goal for whoever it was to eventually hit it into an open net... the shot from the point and crosby's 2nd goal, fine he was unlucky, but he gives up so many goals through his legs i don't know why he has a stick... his head is in the clouds if he thinks this is gonna cut it in montreal... a lungo/bouwmeester for theodore/ryder i'd take any day of the week

Luongo is going to be one of the most, if not the most, sought after goalies in the offseason. Emptying the pipeline in the hopes of picking him up seems dangerous.

Fair enough, although presumably he WANTS to play in Montreal. But let's reframe the question: what should we do about Theo, then? Run out his contract and hope we can sign someone in 2008?

Any trade Gainey makes should include a tolerable goalie in return, to cover our behinds should Luongo fail to materialize. That's why I liked the rumours of a Habs-Avs goalie swap with position players thrown in...anyway, let's hear some ideas.

Fair enough, although presumably he WANTS to play in Montreal. But let's reframe the question: what should we do about Theo, then? Run out his contract and hope we can sign someone in 2008?

Any trade Gainey makes should include a tolerable goalie in return, to cover our behinds should Luongo fail to materialize. That's why I liked the rumours of a Habs-Avs goalie swap with position players thrown in...anyway, let's hear some ideas.

Not everyone WANTS to play for Montreal. The only ones who have actually WANTED to recently were Kovalev and Ian Lapierre.

Not everyone WANTS to play for Montreal. The only ones who have actually WANTED to recently were Kovalev and Ian Lapierre.

Hey with Global warming sweeping the Big White North! Montreal ain't that cold ye know!... HEy here's an Idea lets Move the Season so it goes on in Summer this way the Montreal chicks can show there stuff and attract more players! hehe

Or better lest move the habs to vancouver! haha

In any case Theo was still shocked after losing his buddies Dagenais and Ribs ... better start getting used to it! lets forgive him for his first period... nevertheless the third period its the whole teams fault! CJ included...

In any case Bonks first game in a while ... and Kosty got the wake up call looks like he faired well... Second line FOR SURE is where Zednik belongs I still like him just would rather have a Palffy up there instead of him

Zednik and Bulis for the second line! with Plek as centre... Koivu and Kovalev Need an inspired Kosty or Perez or some 4 Mill dollar player!

Thats it

CHURCH

I think he needs a new set of pads. Seriously, or he needs them weighted down. When he has to move laterally, he uses to much force, and he ends up out of position often times. He needs to control his weight transfer better, or he needs a less aggressive push across his crease.

Theo can play much better.

If Gainey could somehow find out (illegally contact Luongo) and find out what it will take to sign in him Montreal. I would not mind getting rid of Theo but not before the playoffs. If Montreal is going to make the playoffs this season which I believe they will. I am saying this being well aware of their current slump. I want Theo between the pipes that are his time to shine and if he can bring the past the second round then maybe he still has it anyways. The Habs are in eighth I wish it was 4th or 5th but they can get better. Everyone is now healthy (except Plex). But lets hope for a prosperous January. Go habs Go

IN BOB WE TRUST.

I don’t think that’s the case. Players are not totally concerned with money if they want to play somewhere they will take less money. I am not saying that if the Avs offer Luongo 6.5 million and the Canadiens offer him 2 million he will sign. But if he truly wants to play in Montreal he would accept 5 or 5.5 million. I honestly believe that. If you don’t all you have to do is look at Kovalev although other numbers were not released I do believe it was reported that two teams offered him more money Pittsburgh and I do not recall the other team. These were just rumours but I believe they must have had some truth to them because all you have to do is look at Pittsburgh's off season acquisitions.

You're right. EVERYONE wants to play in Toronto. :blink::wacko::lol:

Finally, nice to see that Theo sucks comments are making there way back without much arguments from anybody.

I've been saying it from day 1 of this season, Theo is the most overrated goalie in the league and NOW is the time to trade him while is still as a decent value. Better to trade a player too early then too late. Geezz, I got so many hate mail when I commented before that he's a burdden for this team. He's average and sucks up way too much $$ from our cap.

As for Luongo, he's not a UFA this summer, he still as 1 more year to go. He will still be a restricted FA at the end of the year. I say trade Theo for a good quality player in return and lets find a replacement until either this summer or next. Manny Fernandez (a french Quebecer) will be available this summer. He could be good until Price is ready and a lot less expensive then Theo. He would give us our money's worth. Or find somebody average for a year and try to sign Luongo after next season. I think that Luongo is a long shot, but Manny Fernandez for 2 or 2.5M$ would be perfect. He as very good stats in the past 5 years except in 2001. He as become a very solid reliable goalie in the past couple of years. He's use to playing about 40 games a year, so perfect to have with Danis as a tandem. He's making 1.7M$ this year. He would not take a big chunk of our salary cap, and we could invest in a good forward and D, especially with rumors that the cap will be about 42M$ next year if the league revenues keep going the way it is right now.

There are many possibilities, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as one of them includes getting rid of Theo, because I can't stand is face anymore. Especially in that stupid Ford commercial where he acts and talks like he's a big shot, when in fact he's a big joke!!!! For you fans not living in Montreal, you can't understand but many of us here in Mtl (more then the majority) can't stand Theo anymore. He's too much of a little prima dona here where he cares more about being in our front page magazines for stars then concentrating and putting the effort into is career to become what he could have become. Yes is had the potential to be great, but he let it go to his head and will now be nothing more then a Jeff Hackett!!!

It's a stretch to suggest that Danis is ready for 40 games a season.

And what was so bad about Jeff Hackett? He was a very solid goaltender, certainly better than Thibault, and he basically taught Garon and Theodore a good majority of what they know in terms of hockey sense.

Yes is had the potential to be great, but he let it go to his head and will now be nothing more then a Jeff Hackett!!!

nothing more then a Jeff Hackett!? Haha

Finally, nice to see that Theo sucks comments are making there way back without much arguments from anybody.

I've been saying it from day 1 of this season, Theo is the most overrated goalie in the league and NOW is the time to trade him while is still as a decent value. Better to trade a player too early then too late. Geezz, I got so many hate mail when I commented before that he's a burdden for this team. He's average and sucks up way too much $$ from our cap.

As for Luongo, he's not a UFA this summer, he still as 1 more year to go. He will still be a restricted FA at the end of the year. I say trade Theo for a good quality player in return and lets find a replacement until either this summer or next. Manny Fernandez (a french Quebecer) will be available this summer. He could be good until Price is ready and a lot less expensive then Theo. He would give us our money's worth. Or find somebody average for a year and try to sign Luongo after next season. I think that Luongo is a long shot, but Manny Fernandez for 2 or 2.5M$ would be perfect. He as very good stats in the past 5 years except in 2001. He as become a very solid reliable goalie in the past couple of years. He's use to playing about 40 games a year, so perfect to have with Danis as a tandem. He's making 1.7M$ this year. He would not take a big chunk of our salary cap, and we could invest in a good forward and D, especially with rumors that the cap will be about 42M$ next year if the league revenues keep going the way it is right now.

There are many possibilities, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as one of them includes getting rid of Theo, because I can't stand is face anymore. Especially in that stupid Ford commercial where he acts and talks like he's a big shot, when in fact he's a big joke!!!! For you fans not living in Montreal, you can't understand but many of us here in Mtl (more then the majority) can't stand Theo anymore. He's too much of a little prima dona here where he cares more about being in our front page magazines for stars then concentrating and putting the effort into is career to become what he could have become. Yes is had the potential to be great, but he let it go to his head and will now be nothing more then a Jeff Hackett!!!

Fernandez is a great idea... why will he be available this summer?

Both Fernandez and Roloson are UFA at the end of the year. Minnessota as a very good goalie prospect and should be ready for next year. Rumors are that they would prefer to keep Roloson who's older and more outgoing, so he would be a better mentor for the kid then Fernandez. Probably cheaper too.

For the one that commented that Danis may not be ready for 40 games...well he very well good be and if not, I'm sure that Fernandez can goal 55 games and Danis 27. Danis needs to play to improve and to become a better trade bait when we won't need him like what happened to Garon. Looks like we missed the boat on that one...Garon had another shutout last night and he's been great this year. Too late, but we should have kept Garon and traded Theo for a top notch forward. Its still not too late for that, we could pick up Fernandez this summer.

Both Fernandez and Roloson are UFA at the end of the year. Minnessota as a very good goalie prospect and should be ready for next year. Rumors are that they would prefer to keep Roloson who's older and more outgoing, so he would be a better mentor for the kid then Fernandez. Probably cheaper too.

For the one that commented that Danis may not be ready for 40 games...well he very well good be and if not, I'm sure that Fernandez can goal 55 games and Danis 27. Danis needs to play to improve and to become a better trade bait when we won't need him like what happened to Garon. Looks like we missed the boat on that one...Garon had another shutout last night and he's been great this year. Too late, but we should have kept Garon and traded Theo for a top notch forward. Its still not too late for that, we could pick up Fernandez this summer.

We could pick up Fernandez or Garon or Biron etc... in the summer, I agree trade theo for some offence.

Besides everyone seems to know the secret to scoing on THEO he can't stop anything off the ice. His glove hand is always low his back isn't straight and he drops down very very early.

Did you see fridays Au-dessus de la mêlée? We should resign Eric Fichaud! Did you see Mario Langlois Rene Pothier and Martin Leclerc? Ha ha :lol:

No I didn't see it. What do you mean resign Fichaud?? Why not Racicot while we're at it!!!

Thats why you should check out the following link:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/medianet/CBFT/A...00601062300.asx

Just kidding ;) eh!

Edited by mathieu30