Ribeiro & Dagenais Traded To Hawks?

Someone has posted on HFboards that they assume Ribs is traded. Based on a TVA (Sports) interview about Crosby. It was clear in his interview he was upset. Not a reliable source at all. But, you never know.

Also, Spectors had a write in with this: Some people at the game last night were talking about Mike Ribeiro and Pierre Dagenais. Supposedly they have been traded to the Chicago Blackhawks. - SPECTORS.

Nothing more than a rumour right now.

Probably untrue because the real reason reported for their scratch was their lousy play of late. However, Dags has been effective lately. Why scratch him when his game is on a slight upside right now?

Edit 10:45: No mention on who is coming the other way.

Edit 11:02: Ribeiro to meet media:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/194995.html

Edit 11:48: That article mentions no such meeting.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Hey! I can add to this rumour.

They're going to Chicago as part of a two for two trade. Chicago gets Ribeiro & Dagenais in return for Aucoin & Seabrook.

Seems fair to me. :)

Oh.... by the way... Chicago agrees to pay for half of Aucoin's salary for the length of his present contract.

That seems fair too, don't you think? :):)

Edited by shortcat1

Hey! I can add to this rumour.

They're going to Chicago as part of a two for two trade. Chicago gets Ribeiro & Dagenais in return for Aucoin & Seabrook.

Seems fair to me. :)

Isn't Seabrook out for at least another month with an injury? And the way he's played as a rookie for them, I don't think Tallon is going to give up on him for Ribeiro and Dags.

I'D like to see a D coming to MTL. my guest is that something will have happened within the next 10 days...we'll see

This is apparently the latest rumour, coming out of a Radio station in Ottawa

To Mtl : Duncan Keith, Kyle Calder, 3rd pick

to Chicago : Mike Rebeiro, Richard Zednik

Calder has 24 points in 36 games this year and can play either wing.

Keith according to TSN is an offensive minded Dman who can quarterack a PP.

Seems to make some sense, I feel like we should get more for Zednik but that's probably my homerism....this seems like a potential real deal.

This is apparently the latest rumour, coming out of a Radio station in Ottawa. . .

Hmm, if you heard this yourself can you specify the radio station please? If someone else posted it on another board but they gave vague or zero attribution, that's not a proper source -- maybe (probably) just a bored kid sitting in his room. This is a 'rumour' thread of course, but it's better for all of us if we source properly.

Nothing personal, I'm just saying...

This is apparently the latest rumour, coming out of a Radio station in Ottawa

To Mtl : Duncan Keith, Kyle Calder, 3rd pick

to Chicago : Mike Rebeiro, Richard Zednik

Calder has 24 points in 36 games this year and can play either wing.

Keith according to TSN is an offensive minded Dman who can quarterack a PP.

Seems to make some sense, I feel like we should get more for Zednik but that's probably my homerism....this seems like a potential real deal.

Hmmm, not sure that's a good deal. Calder doesn't have more offensive upside than Ribs & Zednik. He's more of an energy player. I'd much prefer Mark Bell but I highly doubt Chicago would trade him.

Keith has intriguing upside, but not worth the gamble. He's a left-side D, we already have Markov, Souray and Bouillon there and he's not an upgrade on any of those 3. He would probably improve our PP though.

Daze is out basically indefenitively with back problems, has not played a game so far this season. So he's out of the picture.The Hawks do need someone at center so Ribs could interest them.

Anyway. A trade is necessary and its coming soon.

calder'S only 5,10 176lbs and keith is 6,2 200

both players are hard workers...I'd take them in a hurry.

i'm sure we'd also save on salary

Bad trade. First of all we have to be 100% confident in Plekanec to be our #2 center. I am. And then we need to be confident in Perezhogin to play on the top line. I might be. Now what's the point of having Dagenais without Ribeiro? Why not Ribeiro for Keith straight up?

Bad trade. First of all we have to be 100% confident in Plekanec to be our #2 center. I am. And then we need to be confident in Perezhogin to play on the top line. I might be. Now what's the point of having Dagenais without Ribeiro? Why not Ribeiro for Keith straight up?

For Dagenais' sake He's gotta forget the pairing with Ribeiro... if he's traded along with him then so be it! but I would keep Dagenais and make pairable with anybody... again for Dag's sake... for the team's sake trade the whole second line!

Trade to get Tuomo Ruutu- he'd be a welcome addition to my team anyways.

Tuomo Ruutu is a bluechip prospect. I really doubt Chicago would give us someone as good as him even if he is injury prone.

Bad trade. First of all we have to be 100% confident in Plekanec to be our #2 center.

jan bulis as been quite good on the second line, he can do the job until plek is back

I don’t think Ribero will be traded until he is given the opportunity he had last season to redeem himself after a healthy scratching. If ribs can come back and score a pair of goals and work hard all night against the Devils and have a replica performance against the Sens on Saturday he will lengthen his stay in Montreal. It goes for dags as well.

Trade to get Tuomo Ruutu- he'd be a welcome addition to my team anyways.

Ya... I like that. I'm sure Chicago will too. Good grief, why not? Ruutu's unproven while Ribeiro and Dagenais are proven. The risk is ALL in Montreal's part. :wacko::blink:

Ya... I like that. I'm sure Chicago will too. Good grief, why not? Ruutu's unproven while Ribeiro and Dagenais are proven. The risk is ALL in Montreal's part. :wacko::blink:

Have you gone crazy man?!?? You'd give up Ribs AND Dagenais?!? Make them throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder for that deal! :blink::wacko:

Have you gone crazy man?!?? You'd give up Ribs AND Dagenais?!? Make them throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder for that deal! :blink::wacko:

Ya, you're right... what was I thinking about? Where was my head? Was that a brain-fart or what! Oh well, live & learn, I guess... :wacko:

Are you serious? Ruutu's potential is the sky. Once he gets healthy he can some day become a superstar. I think Ruutu is a C so why would they give up their top C for puckbunnies :P like Ribeiro and Dagenais? Chicago has a lot of defensive prospects coming up in Seabrook, Barker, Babchuck et al. They have no major offensive threats coming through the system besides Ruutu. We'd need to trade someone like Perezhogin or Kostitsyn to bring in a blue-chip prospect like Ruutu.

ruutu for ribs and dags is kinda like yes and no its good because theres another fin in the line up and i think he would do good on the second line, i dont wanna see another D come to mtl were good were we are give streit a for sure spot and ull have good D for now komisarek isnt on his game at all. :hlogo:

I just saw an insane trade rumour but it came form the TSN boards so it must be true. Naw just kidding! This rumour is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Ribeiro and Dagenais for Khabibulin!

1) We have 2 #1 goalies so there's no point. Then we'd have to demote Huet to the minors and prevent Danis from getting the games he needs.

2) We dump 1.7M in salary and pick up 6.75M. We would then have the highest paid goalie in the league AND the third highest paid goalie.

3) Khabibulin is overrated and Theodore is better than him so it's a waste.

4) Chicago would want a goalie back in return.

5) We'd be over the cap. Chicago dumps a bunch of salary even though they don't have to. They're at 34M and there's no point in downgrading your team to get to $27M.

Anyways, this trade is obviously garbage. I wonder why all the rumours are about Chicago all of a sudden.