Time To Fire A Coach

johnnyhasbeen

I'm not talking Jullien here, but Rollie the avg goalie sub avg goalie coach. Theo needs help and is not getting it. Change the goalie coach, not the goalie.

That is a possibility but did Rollie not coach Roy I am not sure correct me if I am wrong.

Theo may still also be injured I have no proof of this but many posters agree that his movement and leg speed are no where near where they have been in the past.

That is a possibility but did Rollie not coach Roy I am not sure correct me if I am wrong.

Theo may still also be injured I have no proof of this but many posters agree that his movement and leg speed are no where near where they have been in the past.

Rollie arrived in Montréal for the 97-98 season. Thibault, Moog & Théo (postseason) were on the team that year. Roy's goalie trainer was François Allaire.

Firing Melanson would be one dumb move. He's one of the best in the business.

Here's a short article I found on Rollie:

Marc-André Fleury peut dire merci à Roland Melanson, Mardi 07 octobre 2003

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/136033.html

I saw Rollie work with Garon in Québec, being a goalie myself, I was really impressed.

Gotta keep Melanson.

In Bob we trust.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Allaire..heh, credited with training J.S. Giguere as well.

Melanson has a very good reputation. Obviously goaltending has been a big concern this season, but its ridiculous to blame Melanson for Theo's struggles. Sometimes it isn't a problem with the teacher, it's the student. Did anyone credit Theo's MVP season to Melanson? No.. So why credit his lackluster year to him either?

Allaire..heh, credited with training J.S. Giguere as well.

Melanson has a very good reputation. Obviously goaltending has been a big concern this season, but its ridiculous to blame Melanson for Theo's struggles. Sometimes it isn't a problem with the teacher, it's the student. Did anyone credit Theo's MVP season to Melanson? No.. So why credit his lackluster year to him either?

Not discreditting him, just we have a premier goalie who isn't performing well for one reason or another. If your Mercedes acts up and a certain mechanic cant fix it, although his reputation preceeds him you should still take it to another mechanic and not ditch the car.

It's funny...i saw this post and thought to myself "heads are going to roll."....and soon. Call it a gut feeling or a hunch,whatever you want but I think there is going to be a change of some sort before the next game. Be it a coach being fired...player traded...something. It just seems to me that Bob has been eerily quiet in the last month and seeing as he accompanied the team on the last road-trip I'm sure there's only so much of this lacklustre play that he can stomach.

It's funny...i saw this post and thought to myself "heads are going to roll."....and soon. Call it a gut feeling or a hunch,whatever you want but I think there is going to be a change of some sort before the next game. Be it a coach being fired...player traded...something. It just seems to me that Bob has been eerily quiet in the last month and seeing as he accompanied the team on the last road-trip I'm sure there's only so much of this lacklustre play that he can stomach.

We can only hope

No, no. Apparently Melanson is very good and he seems to have helped Theodore and Garon in the past. He also already gave Price a 3-year training plan so maybe having a new coach and changing plans would confuse him and sever his development.

I know I'm talking major change here, but I really think either Julien or Jarvis has to go.

Personally, I think Jarvis should have stayed in Hamilton. Give me a coach that brings more to the table than a defensively oriented system. The Habs currently have two of them.

I'm not talking Jullien here, but Rollie the avg goalie sub avg goalie coach. Theo needs help and is not getting it. Change the goalie coach, not the goalie.

WHAT????

You are joking right???

No, no. Apparently Melanson is very good and he seems to have helped Theodore and Garon in the past. He also already gave Price a 3-year training plan so maybe having a new coach and changing plans would confuse him and sever his development.

Love how you guys are being so polite!

Johnny ... with all due respect... what on earth does a Mercedes Mecanic have to do with a Goalie Coach who is right now being credited (implicitly) for Garon getting awarded! If there is one thing ONE THING we have done at least NOT SO BAD is PREPARE GOALIES!

F!%$! Christ you know how many Teams would give their first born child for Rollie!

Strangely I think CJ and BG have no blame in all of this

Jarvis (no offense)

Green (no defense)

Melanson (shaky G)

are bad though

but CJ, seems to take the good decisions, Bulis at center, benching Ribs, playing Kost, etc...

All I am saying here is what does it matter what he has done in the past with whoever? This season, right now, our top goalie is having consistant problems with his play, his current coach has not got him on track, maybe a change here would help. If he is so important to Garon maybe LA would give us a d-man for him, kidding of course but I have confidence in Theo and would rather see a change in his coach before he was traded away. That is all, good coach or not the problem has to be dealt with, trade the goalie or try a new coach, with all due respect CORVINA, you make the call.

I would have traded him in 2002!

At the very least send him down to Hamilton for ateast 3 weeks. Break his gangsta, prideful, superstar attitude.

The attitude of the three amigos must die.

I agree play The hell out of him NO REST! Saturday Sens again without his twho friends! BREAK HIM IN!

HE's gotta wake up!... if not then he's gone!

As a goalie coach I'm working with 8 goalies. I have 4 goalie from the same age (10). One of them has extraordinary talent, another one isn't that talented but a workhouse and then there are the two others who have average talent, just happy to be on the ice.

The most rewarding to work with? Of course, the workhorse. That kid's amazing. The improvement he made during a couple of months is unbelievable. The least rewarding? You guessed it. The kid's a natural. The way he skates, moves, stops pucks, .. he has it all. The problem? His cute face, his long hair, his attitude! Hello there all my fans, am I looking good or what?

I should get fired if you attend one of his games: ugly rebound control, lack of intensity, loss of concentration, .. His team is losing games because of him. I told him a thousand times about movement, positioning, immobilizing pucks.. He keeps kicking those rebounds around the place. The workhorse? I told him only a couple of times. If I told him to sleep in his equipment he would do it, that same day. No rebounds, pucks flying towards the corners of the rink.

Guess who's my favorite goalie?

Did I told you about the 8-year old wearing red/white/blue pads & gloves, a habs jersey, extraordinary talented & a real workhourse?

Hey, I'm no Rollie Melanson.

Edited by mathieu30

no coaches will be fired. they've all got gainey's confidence. they'll stay at least till the end of the year - likely beyond it.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

It would be nice to see the Canadiens coaching staff show their thanks for keeping their jobs by returning to Montreal from their road trip in 6th place in the conference. I agree with Short Cat though this team’s coaches are here to stay for a while barring a playoff miss this year. Julien and Jarvis will be permanent fixtures as long as the Canadiens improve each year. By improving that means further success in the regular season but even more so the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I think there to much focus on Theodore's play. The defense is also responsible for making his job easier. I don't know if they are doing that.

In Biology they teach you that "two spices may not exist in the same branch" (Did I translate it right?)

My point is that Rivet, Dandenault, Komisarek and Boullion are players of the same caliber. All are doing good I think of all of them as third pair defencemen. Even if Rivet has been way better this season. When Dandy won the cup with the Red Wings wasn't he third pair and extra forward?

Komisarek has talent and has the future and Boullion was an extra defenceman last NHL season. I think defence is the part of the team that need an upgrade, not Theo. He may be slumbering but that happens to all player, difference is that when it happens to a goalie everyone notice it.