Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Devils | 01/05/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are according to RDS. And suddenly things become interesting. Benching Ribs for one game is a penalty for not playing well. Benching him for two? Rarely do you see your third best scorer benched in consecutive games - even if he is playing like Spare Ribs. There's at least a good possibility that something's up.

I think CJ's doing the right thing. Kost got a little over 12 min last game and JF came through with his first NHL goal.. they deserve to keep playing. maybe a few games from the pressbox will keep Riberio from over-long shifts and half-efforts when, if, he gets back on the ice for the CH. I know, I've been preaching patience all season but this slide needs to stop we need a winning streak and i hope it starts tonight

GO HAbs GO :hlogo:

They are according to RDS. And suddenly things become interesting. Benching Ribs for one game is a penalty for not playing well. Benching him for two? Rarely do you see your third best scorer benched in consecutive games - even if he is playing like Spare Ribs. There's at least a good possibility that something's up.

That's pretty mcuh what I told you today and you said that nothing was going on. Maybe you are going schizo. :P

Go Habs. Whoo.

I'm excited, no seriously.

The Devils are a boring team to play against and they usually beat us.

Habs 2

Devils 6

OK SO ribs and Dags two games in a row.

So I have 2 questions if they win do they get scratched again vs. Ottawa on Saturday and what if the loose then are the both back in??

That sucks I wish RDS would show the Canadiens game. I have TSN and RDS they both dont need to show the same thing boooooo

I'm no expert, but i think last game's loss was a bit of a psychological thing, possibly relating to the last time the habs faced the penguins with crosby in the shootout, etc. I've been reading a lot about behavioral patterns in sports and other activities and you'd be surprised how subtle things can have a huge impact on performance.

Our players need to clear their heads and be focused. Clear their minds of distractions and let their reflexes, muscles and knowledge of the game do the work. I'd say the team is putting in effort, they just lack the drive and confidence. My impressions at least...

After the closed-door session with Claude Julien, let's hope the team will get back on track. We have most of our players back, let's show the devils what we can do!

Hopefully Ribeiro will snap out of it (following his scratch last game)

Habs 5

Devils 2

GO HABS GO

:hockey: :hlogo: B)

Edited by Cataclaw

Have some faith!

it's getting harder by each game...I still had faith when the canadiens trailed 3-0 against pens, but again they somehow managed to screw it up....

Edited by DJ_Laszlo