Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Devils | 01/05/06

Spider-Man NL

close but no cigar. :(

on the other hand, for what it's worth, it's a more honourable loss than 5 - 2. i do believe that. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another loss....what are we on our last ten? 0-10-0?

Nope the Habs record is 2-7-1 that’s not too much better though.

Dags and Ribs back in the line-up Saturday, Huet in nets.

At least 2 of those should happen Ferland and Murray both played less than 8 mins. Maybe Dags should still sit to keep Kosty in but I think Ribs should get another shot unless he is going to get traded. And Theo needs the night off this is getting gross.

One more thing to add about the Canadiens last 10 games is that only once in those ten games have they held their opponent to less than 3 goals.

Edited by JMMR

7 page game thread shows how bad this game was. Nice to see Bulis get 2 assists, Kosty score again, Ferland have a good game, Koivu come back with a goal and Murray have a big fight. Apart from that all I can say is that it's lucky Canada murdered Russia because it takes away from such a bad loss.

By the way, this is the first time all season that I predicted a Habs loss and it actually happened. :o

Ouch and another loss. Maybe we've to realize that the first games of the season were just a fluke and that we aren't that good at all. It's surely not too late to reach a playoff spot but the team needs 2 or 3 more years to become a contender. I only hope Théo will get a bit better, if not, then trade him.

Some salt in the wound anyone?

-Garon got a shutout tonight.

Ouch and another loss. Maybe we've to realize that the first games of the season were just a fluke and that we aren't that good at all...

Or I'll wake up and realize the last 20 games were all just a terrible dream?

I missed the game, save for a few highlights. How did the rookies did? They seemed to have got some decent ice time.

As for my take on the whole thing, all I can say is that you can't win games if your goalie allows 5+ goals every game. After signing his contract this summer, Theo said he wanted to play in Montreal and nowhere else. If he doesn't step up and show some consistency, he'll play himself out of town.

There was only one goal Kozlov's that was theo's fault. 2 went in directly off Rivet. By the way, how bad does that guy need to play to get some bench time. 2 he had no chance on. It was a total team disaster. Accept the first 15 seconds where they looked good.